Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 21 Pre Game Patter: Carlton vs Freo in Perth (Read 10493 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 21 Pre Game Patter: Carlton vs Freo in Perth

Reply #15
In Mullet Macreadie Silvagni Kreuzer Kerr Kerridge
Out OShea Kennedy (inj)

BB speak with fork tongue. I give up! Only in form players considered for selection, eh? And 2 blokes who didn't do well for the NBs last week (even acknowledged in VFL report), named on the extended bench (Mullet and Macreadie - rusty). Yes, other CFC listed blokes could have been named ahead of those two.

Hopefully the emergencies will be Mullet, Macreadie and Lobbe (though he'll be stiff to lose his place to Kreuzer as he's done okay).
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #16
Carlton's Round 21 line-up:
Backs 39. Dale Thomas 17. Sam Rowe 6. Kade Simpson
Half-backs 5. Sam Petrevski-Seton 22. Caleb Marchbank 38. Ciaran Byrne
Centreline 4. Lochie O'Brien 9. Patrick Cripps 16. Darcy Lang
Half-forwards 35. Ed Curnow 30. Charlie Curnow 46. Matthew Wright
Forwards 13. Jed Lamb 33. Jarrod Pickett 2. Paddy Dow
Followers 10. Harry McKay 3. Marc Murphy (C) 29. Cameron Polson
Extended interchange 8. Matthew Kreuzer 27. Matthew Lobbe 11. Sam Kerridge
1. Jack Silvagni 36. Patrick Kerr 32. Nick Graham
26. Harrison Macreadie 18. Aaron Mullett

In: Kreuzer, Kerridge, Silvagni, Kerr, Macreadie, Mullett

Out: O'Shea (omitted), Kennedy (ankle)

Reply #17
Schumacher has shown more consistent, and better, form than the majority of those ins.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #18
Tipping it'll be Kreuzer/Lobbe, Silvagni, Kerridge and Graham. We may go with Macreadie in defence 3rd tall but I didn't think he had alot of game time in the twos so i'd say SOS will do that role.

Reply #19
It's good to see Matty Kreuzer back in the mix, if only because he must have a clean bill of health  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #20
Really starting to think Polson is related to Bolton? Or maybe he relates to him due to his height  ;D.

I dunno but it definitely says something about where we are at as a footy club when a player that does SFA week in week out and
(yes he did a nice tackle and a nice pass last week)....continues to hold his spot.

Quite sad.

Reply #22
CARLTON
B: Dale Thomas, Sam Rowe, Kade Simpson
HB: Sam Petrevski-Seton, Caleb Marchbank, Ciaran Byrne
C: Lochie O'Brien, Patrick Cripps, Darcy Lang
HF: Ed Curnow, Charlie Curnow, Matthew Wright
F: Jed Lamb, Jarrod Pickett, Paddy Dow
R: Harry McKay, Marc Murphy, Cameron Polson
Int: Matthew Kreuzer, Matthew Lobbe, Sam Kerridge, Jack Silvagni, Pat Kerr, Nick Graham, Harrison Macreadie, Aaron Mullett (Four to be omitted)

IN: Matthew Kreuzer, Sam Kerridge, Jack Silvagni, Pat Kerr, Harrison Macreadie, Aaron Mullett
OUT: Matthew Kennedy (Injured), Cameron O'Shea (Omitted)

FREMANTLE
B: Taylin Duman, Michael Johnson, Alex Pearce
HB: Luke Ryan, Nathan Wilson, Brady Grey
C: Bradley Hill, Ed Langdon, Adam Cerra
HF: Tommy Sheridan, Brennan Cox, Cam McCarthy
F: Hayden Ballantyne, Matt Taberner, Michael Walters
R: Sean Darcy, Lachie Neale, David Mundy
Int: Bailey Banfield, Mitchell Crowden, Stefan Giro, Scott Jones, Shane Kersten, Brandon Matera, Ryan Nyhuis, Sam Switkowski (Four to be omitted)

IN: Taylin Duman, Tommy Sheridan, Stefan Giro, Scott Jones, Shane Kersten, Ryan Nyhuis, Sam Switkowski
OUT: Andrew Brayshaw (Injured), Darcy Tucker (Injured), Stephen Hill (Injured)
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #23
Really starting to think Polson is related to Bolton? Or maybe he relates to him due to his height  ;D.

I dunno but it definitely says something about where we are at as a footy club when a player that does SFA week in week out and
(yes he did a nice tackle and a nice pass last week)....continues to hold his spot.

Quite sad.

I thought that Polson did OK.  He certainly didn't get a lot of the ball and his shot at goal (note that it is a shot AT goal, not shot ON goal) was atrocious, but he worked his butt off putting pressure on opponents and was equal third for tackles. 

I don't think that he will be a long term option for us unless he cleans up his disposal and gets more of the footy but you can't question his effort.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #24
Guys, the cupboard is well and truly bare.

http://m.carltonfc.com.au/news/2018-08-09/vfl-player-review-round-18

That is an absolute train wreck.

That is the first one of the set of reviews that has been so negative - Fraser normally finds little positives for everyone.

DJC - Shot for (a) goal can also be used, but agree - definitely not shot on goal

Reply #25
Mundy, Neale and Walters need manning up correctly... we can win this game as they look vulnerable without some of their big names playing.
I dont even know some of their players.....even if we lose it shouldnt be by much....Blues to surprise by 10 points..

Reply #26
Mundy, Neale and Walters need manning up correctly... we can win this game as they look vulnerable without some of their big names playing.
I dont even know some of their players.....even if we lose it shoudnt be by much....Blues to surprise by 10 points..

If Murphy, Cripps and Petrevski-Seton all have big games we've got a rough chance.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #27
A few blokes in the NBs turned it up early.   Garlett five possessions.... Really?   Thinly veiled criticism of Mullet as well.   Reads like the same names are providing as little support to the NBs as they are to the senior side.  Fine,  don't pick them.

I agree EB,  pick the right side and we can push Freo, but their no names worry me...langdon,  Nyhuis,  Cox are the types that tear us a new one because Brendan Bozo doesn't seem to do much scouting. 
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #28
A few blokes in the NBs turned it up early.   Garlett five possessions.... Really?   Thinly veiled criticism of Mullet as well.   Reads like the same names are providing as little support to the NBs as they are to the senior side.  Fine,  don't pick them.

Must be some injuries going around, cannot see how Mullett made the short list, I didn't see the game first-hand but the reports from mates were not what you would describe as glowing!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #29
The "Classic Matches" game on the club page today is an absolute cracker from 2009......but gee, I think I must have erased those jumpers from my memory........and I can see why !

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.