Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 21 Pre Game Patter: Carlton vs Freo in Perth (Read 10492 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 21 Pre Game Patter: Carlton vs Freo in Perth

Reply #30
Must be some injuries going around, cannot see how Mullett made the short list, I didn't see the game first-hand but the reports from mates were not what you would describe as glowing!
Mullett was gifted an opportunity because we lacked guys in his bracket. He could have taken the opportunity, like Matthew Wright did, but he hasn't. I guess you could say that we were warned. I can understand why were ended up taking the chance, but it didn't work out.
If he is on our list in 2019, that would be a disaster. I hope he only had a 1 year contract.

O'Shea, on the other hand, might survive, even with his lack of performance. He does offer leadership to our kids, especially at VFL level. He does what he is asked to do to the best of his ability, and he is the message we want to send to the VFL: if you are good enough, we'll take you!
It is only our horrendous injury list that has required him to take roles he isn't really capable of. And he still put in: he simply isn't good enough for a long term option.

I would like to drop a few guys back to the VFL, but with our injuries, it simply hasn't been possible. Hopefully we can manage against a team with similar injury issues. At least we should be more competitive than last week.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #31
Mullett was gifted an opportunity because we lacked guys in his bracket. He could have taken the opportunity, like Matthew Wright did, but he hasn't. I guess you could say that we were warned. I can understand why were ended up taking the chance, but it didn't work out.
If he is on our list in 2019, that would be a disaster. I hope he only had a 1 year contract.

O'Shea, on the other hand, might survive, even with his lack of performance. He does offer leadership to our kids, especially at VFL level. He does what he is asked to do to the best of his ability, and he is the message we want to send to the VFL: if you are good enough, we'll take you!
It is only our horrendous injury list that has required him to take roles he isn't really capable of. And he still put in: he simply isn't good enough for a long term option.

I would like to drop a few guys back to the VFL, but with our injuries, it simply hasn't been possible. Hopefully we can manage against a team with similar injury issues. At least we should be more competitive than last week.

I really only meant the short list for this game, next year is a whole other issue!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #32
Patrick Keane
‏ @AFL_PKeane
3s3 seconds ago

Carlton v Fremantle
Interchange – Kreuzer, Lobbe, Kerridge, Silvagni
Emergencies – Kerr, Graham, Macreadie, Mullett
Kreuzer, Kerridge, Silvagni in for O’Shea, Kennedy, Graham

Crap, 2 ruckmen.

Reply #34
Followers
10 Harry McKay
3 Marc Murphy
29 Cameron Polson

Three ruckmen ;D....and a speedy rover ;)

Lol!!!

We like to make ourselves slow on purpose i'm sure.

Reply #35
Followers
10 Harry McKay
3 Marc Murphy
29 Cameron Polson

ing
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #38
Followers
10 Harry McKay
3 Marc Murphy
29 Cameron Polson

The reason for that was because both Kreuzer and Lobbe were on the extended interchange bench. Without knowing if one or both would make the list, 'someone' had to be named on the ground as starting ruck. Hence, McKay.

Reply #39
Does the naming of both Kreuz and Lobbe tell us that Kreuz may still have a bit of a question mark over his fitness?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #40
Does the naming of both Kreuz and Lobbe tell us that Kreuz may still have a bit of a question mark over his fitness?

I'd like to see SpecialK get a rotation with Cripps and leave Lobbe and McKay rucking, one way to stop Freo's run and spread is to make sure they don't get a clean possessions from stoppages.

SpecialK roving to McKay is of particular interest, because McKay should be able to close down on outside opponents very quickly if he's given the green light to do so!

SpecialK ruck roving, resting forward?

If that works or shows potential it would also change our draft strategy slightly.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #41
We don't want McKay getting smashed inside,  his pace and mobility are assets for us to nurture not destroy through misuse.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #42
We don't want McKay getting smashed inside,  his pace and mobility are assets for us to nurture not destroy through misuse.

Yes, I'm not so keen for the likes of Charlie C and Harry Mac to be rucking. Prefer to sacrifice the ruck and get others to do it tbh.

Reply #43
Yes sounds like Kruze might be under a cloud. But still prefer them to ruck over Charlie & Harry. Hard enough to play those positions as it is with out also being spread in several positions

Reply #44
:)) :)) :))We're so transparent...

Hope we don't get caught with our panzers down that's all!  :o
Reality always wins in the end.