Skip to main content
Topic: Jim Park Voting 2024 AFL Rd 0 Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 923 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Jim Park Voting 2024 AFL Rd 0 Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #15
It's been interesting to see the team ratings. A number of non A (or A+), including me. This game was as tough as they get - VG opponent, us undermanned and an away game at a ground we really struggle at. Any win in these conditions would typically be an A+.
I tend to think it should be an A+ for easily beating a fully manned good side away but then is there the 'they just had an off day' mindset?
Seems one bad 1/4 and just the 1 point win has had an impact on the team rating.
Seems expectations are already much higher.

Reply #16
Team: A+  (forget about the first quarter, beating a full strength Brisbane on their dung heap and breaking an embarrassingly long losing streak has to be worth an A as a minimum?

5 - McKay
4 - Curnow
3 - Hewett
2 - Fogarty
1 - Cripps

HMs to Acres, Cerra, Young, Saad, Kemp, McGovern, et al
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #17
I'll leave this open until Saturday. But, with tonight's game, people may have only fresh thoughts.
Please, if you want to vote, do so ASAP. Every voter is much appreciated.
Live Long and Prosper!