Skip to main content
Topic: Statement from CFC - Theft of IP (Read 7918 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Statement from CFC - Theft of IP

Reply #15
Heart skipped a beat when I first saw the backpage headline this morning......then realised it was for the women's league and couldn't give a krap after that......
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #16
Fairfax has decided not to publish the photograph(s) so the threat contained in the club's statement must carry some weight.

Leaving top secret information on a whiteboard is amateur stuff from an amateur club.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #17
Heart skipped a beat when I first saw the backpage headline this morning......then realised it was for the women's league and couldn't give a krap after that......

Agree....

Reply #18
Leaving top secret information on a whiteboard is amateur stuff from an amateur club.

Agreed.

The police action threat will be because they are not sure what else the perpetrator photographed, in terms of the other whiteboards, posters or printouts that were left lying around!

They might even be worried this wasn't the first occurrence, just the first one they found out about! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #19
Reminds me of a time when I worked at a large corporate in Melbourne and was working on a particular project. We held a project meeting in a conference room which had one of those revolving electronic whiteboards, which initially showed a blank surface. We used that first surface to record information discussed and someone then pressed the copy button and the surface moved around, only to reveal some very sensitive and embarrassing information from a previous meeting concerning staff.

This info.  had now pretty much potentially become public! We were all required to sign a non-disclosure agreement before we were allowed of of the room! A very embarrassing situation for the people who'd failed to erase the whiteboard.  :-[
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #20
The police may have a role if the photograph was taken from inside a private area - criminal trespass.  Just because you attend a meeting in a building doesn't mean you're free to access all areas.  If you go where you shouldn't be and take documents, then that would be burglary.  If you break into computers on site or online, that's another crime.  And taking surveillance photos through external windows is another crime.  You'd have to know what the precise facts are.  But don't assume the police can't charge you if you wander into a private office or meeting room and read or photograph documents.

Hell, in some countries it's an offence to take a photo of a government building from a public place.

Reply #21

They went to take a photo of the Men's draft, but the first few names were Watson, Lucas, Bootsma, Boekhorst followed by a dartboard and decided it wasnt worth it.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #22
They went to take a photo of the Men's draft, but the first few names were Watson, Lucas, Bootsma, Boekhorst followed by a dartboard and decided it wasnt worth it.
LMFAO ;D
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time