Skip to main content
Topic: Bryce Gibbs & Marc Murphy (Read 26566 times) previous topic - next topic

Bryce Gibbs & Marc Murphy

Reply #30
This could be turned into a win/win, at least for one of these guys. They get the chance to go somewhere else, without the present burden of developing youngsters, and possibly win a premiership and we get on with our rebuild without all of this soul searching.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #32
The bottom line re our 3rd quarter/regular capitulations is that there is a failure of grand proportions from on-field leaders when we're worked out by the opposition and they counter our structure(s) - we, collectively, p1ss ourselves... this is a time in games when our leaders are supposed to inspire and give direction to the newbies, instead we're relying on our newbies to give the older blokes 'and injection of energy'... what a load of frog sh1t that is.

Agree.

Murphy and Gibbs have both been frustrating to watch nearly their whole careers.
We can all see the potential, but it has never reached 100%.
Now that 1's the captain and both are senior players and leaders of the club, it makes it even harder to accept their inconsistencies.

Murphy I think we will just have to learn to live with, although releasing him of the captaincy might actually be good for him, I'm not sure.
Gibbs I would trade at seasons end. Adelaide know we are serious now and should offer up a reasonable trade.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #33
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/carlton/carltons-bryce-gibbs-says-he-will-be-fit-to-play-against-sydney-despite-suffering-a-thumb-injury/news-story/160782baea900b63f2c6cd06367ea21f

What a wimp!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #34
What a wimp!

You said it, not me.

I guess we'll have to put up with Captain Turnover for another week. Would have been nice to see how much better the mid field performed without his "gut jogging".
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #35
Bothered to check the stats of Gibbs in the previous 4 weeks (thumb injury week 5 possibly effects all ball handling and tackling??) or Murphy (early knee injury week 5 possibly effected all areas of his game!?). Both still maintained significant game time despite their injuries.

Love these people who take a major, major whack at guys who are having a fair crack in a weak, young team...be interesting to check their sporting CV for endurance, courage, leadership, application, determination at whatever level they attained because all those attributes can be measured regardless of skill

Re: The Pox Bros: Bryce Gibbs & Marc Murphy

Reply #36
Agree.

Murphy and Gibbs have both been frustrating to watch nearly their whole careers.
We can all see the potential, but it has never reached 100%.
Now that 1's the captain and both are senior players and leaders of the club, it makes it even harder to accept their inconsistencies.

Murphy I think we will just have to learn to live with, although releasing him of the captaincy might actually be good for him, I'm not sure.
Gibbs I would trade at seasons end. Adelaide know we are serious now and should offer up a reasonable trade.
If we blink on Gibbs at years end, Adelaide will offer is SFA so SOS needs to treads carefully if they decide to off load him this year. Watching him this season, I am pissed off because I see a bloke who doesn't give a stuff about our club and doesnt want to be there. He wanted to leave and still wants to leave despite what the club told the media. They tell us he is a professional and would do his job going fwd but me personally? I am not seeing that. I am probably way off the mark, but thats what it looks like to me.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #37
Bothered to check the stats of Gibbs in the previous 4 weeks (thumb injury week 5 possibly effects all ball handling and tackling??) or Murphy (early knee injury week 5 possibly effected all areas of his game!?). Both still maintained significant game time despite their injuries.

This is a typical response when defending the two. OK, it may explain diminished performance this week, but what about the 200 or so other games they've played for the club? Or do they seem to sustain these injuries on a weekly basis especially when the going gets a bit tough?

Seems to me to be a convenient excuse given that now more people are asking the question.

Just admit it, they haven't turned out how the club had hoped. Don't try and defend the indefensible.

Oh, and questioning me on my sporting CV has nothing to do with this issue. As stated, these guys are on somewhere between 500-700K. If you put in one p*ss poor performance on that kind of money you should be questioned, let alone make a career of flying on the coat tails of the like of Judd and Cripps and then pretending to be club champions and accepting accolades you're not entitled to. They should be viewed as chumps, not champs.

Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #38
I have to side with Spanner.

Heck, don't look at stats, a smart players can easily get 35 possessions and have little effect on the outcome of a game - that is where I see Murphy.

Gibbs undoubtedly can have more impact on a game but only when he chooses to.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #39
Everyone's entitled to an opinion, but I'm not going to agree with spanner on this one.

Some players simply can't do more than what we see.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #40
Why is it when a player or players are critised all the politically correct brigade come running? It's like I've directly insulted your mother.

FFS, my take on it is they're hacks. You don't have to agree, but I find it amazing that people like you are so accepting of mediocrity. But hey, whatever rocks your boat...

Not sure what i said led to that response.

My take on it is, if we get offered something good - bye bye.
However, don't let them go for nothing. Cash in, not hand out.

Reply #41
When Judd came he was leading a very inexperienced mid field, which contained the likes of Murphy and Gibbs. Judd got smashed by the opposition with little support but being the superstar he was, he was able to impact on games irregardless. Now Murphy and Gibbs find themselves the two most targeted by opposition coaches yet they still mange to have an impact. Murphy is killing all comers in the JP medal. A commentator made the remark a while ago that he had emerged from Judds shadow and was now a true leader in his own right.

Dangerfield isn't the greatest set shot for goal.

Gibbs plays the game in a manner that could be viewed as indolent, where in fact he works his backside off. He has the ability to create play and reads the game as good as anyone. As for effort, who can forget Simmo's 250th where he spewed at the end of the game.
Both these guys played with injuries (and Cripps isn't 100%) in a team with 7 teenagers, on a ground most had never played on against a team in red hot form. Kreuzers absence should not be understated either.

IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #42
When Judd came he was leading a very inexperienced mid field, which contained the likes of Murphy and Gibbs. Judd got smashed by the opposition with little support but being the superstar he was, he was able to impact on games irregardless. Now Murphy and Gibbs find themselves the two most targeted by opposition coaches yet they still mange to have an impact. Murphy is killing all comers in the JP medal. A commentator made the remark a while ago that he had emerged from Judds shadow and was now a true leader in his own right.

Dangerfield isn't the greatest set shot for goal.

Gibbs plays the game in a manner that could be viewed as indolent, where in fact he works his backside off. He has the ability to create play and reads the game as good as anyone. As for effort, who can forget Simmo's 250th where he spewed at the end of the game.
Both these guys played with injuries (and Cripps isn't 100%) in a team with 7 teenagers, on a ground most had never played on against a team in red hot form. Kreuzers absence should not be understated either.

X2. (I wonder how my old mate Spanner would have assessed Craig Bradley's career??)

Reply #43
X2. (I wonder how my old mate Spanner would have assessed Craig Bradley's career??)
Can I ask what similarities you think there are btw Gibbs, Murph and Sir Braddles? I personally think there are none. Sir Craig was a gut running machine who wore his opponents into the ground.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Re: The Pox Bros: Bryce Gibbs & Marc Murphy

Reply #44

You mean the guy who couldn't help but hit a target 99% of the time? Why would I have a problem with him? Why would I have a problem with his gut running that was amazing? Why would I have a problem with his ability to kick a goal when required and under pressure?

Do you even understand what this thread is about?  :-\
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...