Skip to main content
Topic: 2015-Rnd 6 Carlton vs Brisbane (Preview) (Read 92547 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2015-Rnd 6 Carlton vs Brisbane (Preview)

Reply #60
Is this the Wooden Spoon game?
2 days ago I was certain that it wasn't. St. Kilda were demonstratively worse than us, having lost to us by 40 points.
Then came yesterday's game where the 'Aints should have beaten Essendon without Montagne and Riewoldt.
Serious thinking required.
I castigated Mozzie for suggesting that this was the wooden spoon contest. I take back my words. They were well chosen at the time, but alas no longer.
It now looks very much like this is a fight for the #1 pick. Only problem for us is that the real #1 and #2 picks are already certain to play with Sydney next year: Mills and Dunkley.
So, it may be the Weitering Cup?
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #61
I could just about be confident of a win in this game if I had ANY sort or confidence around the selection. I fear some more head-scratching changes such as the Warnock inclusion of last week will surface.
Maybe the addition of Watson to add to the treacle that is our forward line?
We are as abysmal as any time during the Pagan era. I expect a tight, error-riddled contest and both teams struggling with the complexities of the game, such as kicking, handballing and marking until another soul destroying narrow loss. Perhaps a last kick winner after the siren by Robbo?
Add to the irony given Jeffy and Eddie are do so well at the moment.
Mothers day on Sunday and normally I get an exemption but on this occasion I may pass.

Reply #62
We'll win this easily.
Collingwood are flying, Hawthorn beat North by 10 goals, there's no need to panic about one bad game.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #63
We'll win this easily.
Collingwood are flying, Hawthorn beat North by 10 goals, there's no need to panic about one bad game.

One bad game ya reckon???
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #65
We are rubbish and so are Brisbane but its being played  on our home soil so we should win by 5 goals but it wont prove or disprove much of anything much like the Stkilda win didnt mean much after last Fridays horrific result...
I just want to see some more young players introduced into the team and if they do well then there is some faint light at the end of the tunnel
and I'll cling on to that for a while...

Reply #66
We are rubbish and so are Brisbane but its being played  on our home soil so we should win by 5 goals but it wont prove or disprove much of anything much like the Stkilda win didnt mean much after last Fridays horrific result...
I just want to see some more young players introduced into the team and if they do well then there is some faint light at the end of the tunnel
and I'll cling on to that for a while...

It's really come to this. Comparing degrees of mediocrity. Both teams are putrid, but they are more putrid than us.

Cold comfort.

Reply #67
Sunday afternoon, Mother's Day, cold, wet, we will win by 30 goals and nobody will be there to see it!

PS: What a crap Mother's Day gift, a ticket to see Carlton vs Brisbane!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #68
Sunday afternoon, Mother's Day, cold, wet, we will win by 30 goals and nobody will be there to see it!

PS: What a crap Mother's Day gift, a ticket to see Carlton vs Brisbane!

LOL thanks for the reminder, forgot all about it :P

Reply #69
 Gerard Whaitley stick your head up your clacker…argues for 1-2 for Lewis hit and 2-3 Hodge…u dog u wanted 4-5 for Yarran….Lewis and Hodge have been snipers for 5 years…cost Murphy 10 weeks broken collar bone…..what a wanker…...

Reply #71
Back to the U/16s?…thats good hope I can be part of the next Carlton dynasty.>>…??? could be appropriate for our timeline…..only started on the website when I ran into the Sheik at Milson's Point station 12 years back on the way to a Baggers game in Sydney………back in Melbourne now and never seen such a disparate club…total rabble

I'm soo sad!!! :( :( :(

Reply #72
I saw on Facebook and in the From The Coach email that this game is a buy on get one free entry in GA and kids under 15 free. Does anyone know if this will be available at the ground or only when buying online?

Reply #73
Gerard Whaitley stick your head up your clacker…argues for 1-2 for Lewis hit and 2-3 Hodge…u dog u wanted 4-5 for Yarran….Lewis and Hodge have been snipers for 5 years…cost Murphy 10 weeks broken collar bone…..what a wanker…...

Hodge and Lewis are media men.

Lewis works with Gerard on Fox and I think  Hodge does as well.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #74
I saw on Facebook and in the From The Coach email that this game is a buy on get one free entry in GA and kids under 15 free. Does anyone know if this will be available at the ground or only when buying online?

Kids under 15 definitely free - got one at the week-end. Don't know about the other offer as I only bought one adult ticket (for my son in law) and didn't need a second (damn!). I will use my membership to get in.
Reality always wins in the end.