Skip to main content
Topic: R7. Blues V Pies (Read 67639 times) previous topic - next topic

R7. Blues V Pies

MCG match at 19.50pm.

Looks like we maybe missing Yazz.. If so, maybe Army will get a call up.

Re: R7. Blues V Pies

Reply #1
Injuries for Collingwood: Fasolo (foot), Young (leg).

Reply #2
Going to be a HUGE game.

Not sure if we can keep up this kind of intensity, and the pies looked pretty scary after being dominated early against the bombers.

As long as we don't get blown out of the water, i think we can maintain this high for at least a couple more weeks.

Be interested in seeing how we pick our best 22 this week.

Reply #3
Going to be a HUGE game.

Not sure if we can keep up this kind of intensity, and the pies looked pretty scary after being dominated early against the bombers.

As long as we don't get blown out of the water, i think we can maintain this high for at least a couple more weeks.

Best 22 will come down to who is left on the list...  ;)   Injuries seem to be coming left, right and centre.

Reply #4
Going to be a HUGE game.

Best 22 will come down to who is left on the list...  ;)   Injuries seem to be coming left, right and centre.

Thats what i mean.

Not sure if we will gain Carrots back, if Yarran will be fit...if Army is ready to come back.

Ellard, i could do without, prefer Menzel personally.

Cripps...bring him back after a week off?
Graham??

Reply #5
Going to be a HUGE game.

Thats what i mean.

Not sure if we will gain Carrots back, if Yarran will be fit...if Army is ready to come back.

Ellard, i could do without, prefer Menzel personally.

Cripps...bring him back after a week off?
Graham??

Bit harsh on Ellard... Had kicked 7 goals 5 behinds (12 shots on goals) in 5 games and has laid 23 tackles (avg 4.5) as a small forward.

Reply #6
Not saying Ellard is no good, just think Menzel is a better option for us. Has more tricks in his bag and can cause headaches to match up on given his height/marking ability and ground level skills/agility.

Reply #7
Not saying Ellard is no good, just think Menzel is a better option for us. Has more tricks in his bag and can cause headaches to match up on given his height/marking ability and ground level skills/agility.

Yeah but we can use Ellard for a few stints in the midfield, and then rest forward. I think Mick loves him anyway, so when available i reckon he will be straight back in.. There's certainly room for both Menzel and Ellard in the same team. Ellard is a very good mark of the footy.. Very deceptive.

Reply #8
Gee I get movement well you talk about Mnzel like that  ;D
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #9
menzel and buckley are big stage type of players
they must play
in the starting line up

Reply #10
Dish up the way we played majority of the game teams like collingwood will beat us, play like we did in the last 6 or so minutes however...

Reply #11
We are starting to show characteristics in our squad, to put it on when the desperation is needed the most. Something that might help us get over the line in close games. Get Carrots and Judd back, and Levi kicking goals and we might just surprise a few. Levi is seriously the worst kick I have ever seen in my life.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #12
menzel and buckley are big stage type of players
they must play
in the starting line up

Buckley should've done the jumper grabbing and pointing at the CFC logo moment when he kicked a goal, would've made my heart melt and our membership jump by at least oooooh, by 100,000. ;D

Would've been our Nicky Winmar moment.  :)
Aaaaahh if only ::)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #13
Savour the win tonight because I think we're in for a spanking against the Maggotpies. If Yazz is out, I'll spew. There's too many little pricks that can run riot in their forward line. Elliott, Beams and Sidebottom loom as dangers if Cloke doesn't clutch them. And there's the matter of Swan and Pendlebury.

We've got to turn this game into a scrap. Don't allow a free flowing game because they will cut us up.

Hope Daisy grows another leg for this game!

Reply #14
We are starting to show characteristics in our squad, to put it on when the desperation is needed the most. Something that might help us get over the line in close games. Get Carrots and Judd back, and Levi kicking goals and we might just surprise a few. Levi is seriously the worst kick I have ever seen in my life.
Easy Tiger, just remember that 2 and 3 weeks ago, we showed about as much spine as a calamari and the ticker of a digital watch. We didnt raise a yelp against the Cheating Scum and Melbourne. Now we have responded well and 2 weeks in a row, we have shown a heap of ticker and a desire to win. As I have said previously, as long as our blokes can walk into the dressing rooms and look each other in the eye after each game and say "I had a red hot crack today, I gave my all", then I can tolerate (never accept) a loss. Two weeks in a row, they have done this. You know it takes 21 days to form a habit. By my reckoning, they are at day 13 after the Melbourne debacle and they are on the right track. When we play the Filth it will be day 19 but as long as they keep on this track, I wont ask for any more than that. Go Blues.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time