Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Pandemonium: AFL Rd 3: Carlton vs Fremantle (Read 9555 times) previous topic - next topic

Post Game Pandemonium: AFL Rd 3: Carlton vs Fremantle

How did we play?
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Post Game Pandemonium: AFL Rd 3: Carlton vs Fremantle

Reply #1
Good for 2 and 1/2 quarters, scratchy thereafter. There's definitely things that I could quibble about, but for now, I'm going to enjoy the fact that :
a. we cracked the ton
b. we got the 4 points.
c. we won by nearly 8 goals.

Reply #2
I’m happy.  Wanted it more. Walsh in a A grader. I said last week Harry is developing nicely. Cripps was hard at it and really liked Jack, Fogarty and Jones games today.
Parks looks ok and happy to win like that without much input from our new recruits in Williams and Saad.
Negative side is Dow looks unable to take the step needed. Too quick to feed off to players under the pump. Time to give stocker and Kennedy a ran of games.

Reply #3
I wasn't confident, we got the win, many played well so Im happy.
Ill single out some:
Fogarty, what a recruit, hard, composed, makes things happen.
Jones, a rock today.
H, should have got 10, led very well to the right spot.
Cripps, responded how we expected.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #4
Bugger missed watching the game - look forward to watching the replay! Nice to clock into the game and we were 44 to 19! Been a long time coming!!!

Reply #5
I think that Eddie may keep his place until Fisher comes back and then it might be curtains. He gave everyone that we wanted, an ‘Eddie Goal’ in front of a home crowd. 

Reply #7
Plenty of intensity, but a lack of composure and finish.

should have won by 90+
After the fortnight we've had, Im not gonna be too critical, I just take a win any which way at this stage.
What I will say is that level of intensity MUST be repeated next week.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #8
Provided exactly the response we wanted.
That's the benchmark, that's what they're capable of...it's what we need to see on a consistent basis.

Reply #9
After the fortnight we've had, Im not gonna be too critical, I just take a win any which way at this stage.
What I will say is that level of intensity MUST be repeated next week.

Yep, go missing again next week and we are back to being a joke.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #10
Good win. Near every sides pulls the pin on pressure when 10 goals up in the 3rd qtr and the margin comes back, unless the opposition is absolutely woeful, like North and St.Kilda on the weekend.

That's a good win. We still have a few to come back. The fact we got 10 goals up pretty quick was a good sign.

They have to be reminded that this is the benchmark.

Reply #11
Whether us fans believe it or not Plowman must be highly respected by the club. I hated his game last week and his attitude post match topped it off but thought he was one of our bets in Round 1

He again this week played a solid game on a very dangerous opponent.

When i saw him go to Walters I like many i guess thought omg this could get ugly fast but not this week. Walters first goal was from a soft free with his usual staging working and I think he only kicked one other so our man takes the points IMO.

Also he intercepted very well this week and foot skills were clean.  Fair is fair he cops it hard when he fails he should receive the praise when he has a game like today.  

Reply #12
Good win for us and done in the right way imo. I'm rapt for now but let's see if we can back it up next week. If we do I'll start to believe again.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #13
Plowman is definitely rated by the coaches - B+F top 5 finish twice, and top 10 once.

Reply #14
I’m happy.  Wanted it more. Walsh in a A grader. I said last week Harry is developing nicely. Cripps was hard at it and really liked Jack, Fogarty and Jones games today.
Parks looks ok and happy to win like that without much input from our new recruits in Williams and Saad.
Negative side is Dow looks unable to take the step needed. Too quick to feed off to players under the pump. Time to give stocker and Kennedy a ran of games.
We used Dow badly early in his career. Gave him all the tough jobs from the start rather than lesser roles for his development. Way to ruin a young player. Probably swap Stocker for him next week.

Gov in for Levi, who just didn't come into the season fit and needs a run in the twos to get his confidence back. Good player when confident, not much use to anyone when not. Just means Jones or McKay would have to relief ruck.