Skip to main content

Poll

Pick your best 22 players (22 votes allowed!)

1 - Walker
[ 22 ] (4.4%)
2 - Menzel
[ 18 ] (3.6%)
3 - Murphy
[ 23 ] (4.6%)
4 - Gibbs
[ 23 ] (4.6%)
5 - Judd
[ 5 ] (1%)
6 - Simpson
[ 22 ] (4.4%)
7 - Buckley
[ 23 ] (4.6%)
8 - Kreuzer
[ 23 ] (4.6%)
9 - Cripps
[ 23 ] (4.6%)
10 - Watson
[ 0 ] (0%)
11 - Warnock
[ 0 ] (0%)
12 - Boekhorst
[ 16 ] (3.2%)
13 - Yarran
[ 6 ] (1.2%)
14 - Jones
[ 0 ] (0%)
15 - Docherty
[ 22 ] (4.4%)
16 - Viojo-Rainbow
[ 0 ] (0%)
17 - Rowe
[ 15 ] (3%)
18 - Jaksch
[ 15 ] (3%)
19 - Giles
[ 0 ] (0%)
20 - Holman
[ 7 ] (1.4%)
21 - Sheehan
[ 4 ] (0.8%)
22 - Tutt
[ 1 ] (0.2%)
23 - Henderson
[ 3 ] (0.6%)
24 - Whiley
[ 3 ] (0.6%)
25 - Smith
[ 0 ] (0%)
26 - Foster
[ 0 ] (0%)
27 - Armfield
[ 19 ] (3.8%)
28 - Bell
[ 16 ] (3.2%)
29 - Gowers
[ 0 ] (0%)
30 - Johnson
[ 0 ] (0%)
31 - Dick
[ 1 ] (0.2%)
32 - Graham
[ 20 ] (4%)
33 - Everitt
[ 22 ] (4.4%)
34 - Walsh
[ 1 ] (0.2%)
35 - Curnow
[ 23 ] (4.6%)
36 - Wood
[ 12 ] (2.4%)
37 - Fields
[ 0 ] (0%)
38 - Byrne
[ 7 ] (1.4%)
39 - Thomas
[ 19 ] (3.8%)
40 - Jamison
[ 22 ] (4.4%)
41 - Casboult
[ 23 ] (4.6%)
42 - Tuohy
[ 23 ] (4.6%)
43 - White
[ 14 ] (2.8%)
44 - Carrazzo
[ 6 ] (1.2%)
46 - Ellard
[ 0 ] (0%)
47 - Russell
[ 0 ] (0%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Topic: Pick your best 22 players - Part 8 (Season over - wooden spooners) (Read 114087 times) previous topic - next topic

Pick your best 22 players - Part 8 (Season over - wooden spooners)

So there are quite a few Best 22 teams or R1 team type threads and everyone has there go and thats all well and good. However its very hard to get an accurate picture from the fanbase as a whole of which players are in those teams and which players are not.

If people use this poll and pick their best 22 players, it will give instant feedback into what this site thinks and who is worthy and who is not.

Post your sides if you want, but its more about the votes.

Please use ALL 22 votes from the selections above.

Re: Pick your best 22 players

Reply #1
I've merged the Round One/Best 22 threads.
They'd grown to be pretty similar with folks posting their best 22 sides in both.

We may need to keep bumping this thread Kruds if folk use it to just vote and don't post otherwise it will slip down the scroll bar

Re: Pick your best 18 players

Reply #2
Oops.
I actually had it at '18 votes' and can't change it. I've edited the thread to show that, but ideally i'd like it back at 22.

Lods, maybe you can change the votes allowed to 22?
If not, we'll just keep as is. I can't be bothered typing all that out again.

Reply #3
I've reset it to the 22 figure.... we'll see how we go

Reply #4
Last spot was hardest to pick for me so I went with the Bokemeister because he simply needs to be in our best 22 by year's end.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #5
Found things got pretty thin after about 14. I don't know if my side was balanced though, I just went with who I thought were our better players rather than picking if we had enough talls, enough runners, etc

Reply #6
Cheers Lods.  :D

I've got a balanced side....but the spots in the midfield could be swapped with about 4 others without too much dramas.

Reply #7
That was really difficult.  Like IOT, I struggled once I got to 14 or 15 and I suspect my 22 isn't a balanced squad.

Hopefully some of the newbies will step up to provide balance and depth.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #8
I chose from a best team 22 perspective, the 1st 15 were easy. I then had a vacant forward pocket to fill along with a back pocket spot and a HBF position to fill along with the I/C.

When did Hoops retire? well back then I used to find it hard to fit him, Scotland and Carrazzo into a best 22, and all 3 kept proving me wrong !! Well I still can't find room for Carrazzo, so here's hoping he proves me wrong for yet another season !!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #9
Already 31 different players have been nominated and only 9 people have voted !!

Imagine if we were the match committee !!   >:D
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #10
Two votes for Matthew Watson?.....I know this Nigerian bank that needs two new directors, if those posters could contact me I might have a deal for you...

Reply #11
Last spot was hardest to pick for me so I went with the Bokemeister because he simply needs to be in our best 22 by year's end.

Same here. I also found that I went and changed 4 other picks 4 times before I just gave up. This kid better be worth it as there is some hype over his capability.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #12
Two couldn't fit Simmo into the side. Jammie being one :P , the other probably also has a Nigerian directorship in their future :P

EDIT: my bad, simmo has got votes from everyone... that's what happens when you look at this site with a phone.

Reply #13
Two votes for Matthew Watson?.....I know this Nigerian bank that needs two new directors, if those posters could contact me I might have a deal for you...

I voted for Watson on the basis of his last game.  On that form he has to be in our best 22 . . . or is the idea that you vote for players who you hope just might dramatically improve and become AFL players overnight  ;)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #14
If Touhy has another shocker at the start of the year, he goes out and Sheehan comes in for mine. Happy to try Jone first up but Watto comes straight in if he fails early. Hard to pick the side which is good, we are starting to get some depth or at the very least, aggressive competition for spots.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time