Skip to main content
Topic: Wayne Siekman AFLW (Read 2533 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Wayne Siekman AFLW

Reply #1
Nothing wrong with Wayne Siekman as list manager. Half worked with him at the pies, so its probably a matter of Half arranging it knowing how good he is.

BUT, i'm more interested in Katie Loynes being part of the list management team now....while still playing! Conflict of interests?

I'm tipping that she may have signalled her desire to retire at the end of next season, given she only signed a 1 year deal and her form was dropping off, so this could be her transitioning into the role. Good to keep a quality team first player in Loynes at the club.  :D

....unlike some other turncoat i could mention.  ::)

Reply #2
Nothing wrong with Wayne Siekman as list manager. Half worked with him at the pies, so its probably a matter of Half arranging it knowing how good he is.

BUT, i'm more interested in Katie Loynes being part of the list management team now....while still playing! Conflict of interests?

I'm tipping that she may have signalled her desire to retire at the end of next season, given she only signed a 1 year deal and her form was dropping off, so this could be her transitioning into the role. Good to keep a quality team first player in Loynes at the club.  :D

....unlike some other turncoat i could mention.  ::)

Perhaps she's "up the duff"??
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #3

I guess it would depend on what her role is.  I think having someone from the coal face involved in list management provides a different perspective and could be a very good move.  Time will tell.

Siekman seems a good choice, particularly if he has a good working relationship with Harf.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #4
I guess it would depend on what her role is.  I think having someone from the coal face involved in list management provides a different perspective and could be a very good move.  Time will tell.

Siekman seems a good choice, particularly if he has a good working relationship with Harf.

She gets to mix with all the best young players at VFLW level, they'd all know her, so I think it's a smart appointment.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #5
I guess it would depend on what her role is. I think having someone from the coal face involved in list management provides a different perspective and could be a very good move.  Time will tell.

AFLW Recruiting Manager no less :o
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #6
Speaking from experience on both Wayne & Katie
These are solid appointments.

In my time at the Pies (stop laughing u lot) Wayne has been 100% into identifying talent & developing players.
The young group he deliberately targeted/drafted last season after his team had talented player reamed from his grasp is very very solid.
They will be the foundation that will see the pies become a force in years to come.

Although his coaching record at AFLW level isn't flash he has been around womens football a while now and has had strong & successful results with youth girl teams along the way. He can spot a talent a mile off.
He'll be just the person the baggers need to top up the youth talent and add to the talented current list.

As for Katie, having watched her close up at the Creekers and knowing her personally, she is an intelligent woman with a passion for football (read NAVY).
Understands the game, a good mentor for the young ones, communicates well at all levels (as a teacher she has too), doesn't stand for bullcrap, very professional in her preparation and respects the game.
A prefect role model for young players.
She'll grow into the role, especially with Wayne as a mentor.

Pretty confident they'll both do OK.

Reply #7
That's good news. Thanks for sharing No1IP. Much appreciated.

Reply #8

In my time at the Pies (stop laughing u lot) Wayne has been 100% into identifying talent & developing players.
The young group he deliberately targeted/drafted last season after his team had talented player reamed from his grasp is very very solid.
They will be the foundation that will see the pies become a force in years to come.

Although his coaching record at AFLW level isn't flash he has been around womens football a while now and has had strong & successful results with youth girl teams along the way. He can spot a talent a mile off.
He'll be just the person the baggers need to top up the youth talent and add to the talented current list.

As for Katie, having watched her close up at the Creekers and knowing her personally, she is an intelligent woman with a passion for football (read NAVY).
Understands the game, a good mentor for the young ones, communicates well at all levels (as a teacher she has too), doesn't stand for bullcrap, very professional in her preparation and respects the game.

Thank you very much. I really appreciate some 'inside knowledge'. I wish I had more of it myself. :)
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #9

Good stuff.

I couldn't help but laugh though.  :P

Where are you on the Carlton / Collingwood supporter scale these days? What about a #17 we all know? Is there any good left in there or is the transition to the dark side complete?

Reply #10
Good stuff.

I couldn't help but laugh though.  :P

Where are you on the Carlton / Collingwood supporter scale these days? What about a #17 we all know? Is there any good left in there or is the transition to the dark side complete?

Cheers!

As I say to my Pie mates/supporters
My heart is B&W in summer but NAVY all other times.
As for #17, she's pretty much entrenched in the B&W (in truth they are a pretty solid club) but the navy does still flicker deep down inside.  :)

Reply #11
Cheers!

As I say to my Pie mates/supporters
My heart is B&W in summer but NAVY all other times.
As for #17, she's pretty much entrenched in the B&W (in truth they are a pretty solid club) but the navy does still flicker deep down inside.  :)

This, so much this. We CFC supporters can hate them as much as we like, but they are rock solid, from top to bottom. I so so hope that we are learning from them and others about what a modern professional sporting organization looks like.The words I quoted elsewhere from the Judge, if true, give me some hope.

And all the best to Steph.