Skip to main content
Topic: Everyone Has To Register First (Read 46524 times) previous topic - next topic

Everyone Has To Register First

Folks,

There are some regular members from the old site who have tried to log-in using their existing Username & password which they thought automatically got carried over to this new site.

Unfortunately, the carrying over of all registration details was not possible which means that ALL past, present & future members of CSC have to re-register/register to gain access now.

Also, as a number of people are taking this opportunity to register a different ID (and avatar) to what they have used in the past, we do encourage them to list in their profile what they were originally known as to assist with moderating duties.

If you are unsure of what we are referring to there, please look at Dirty Harry's profile and you will see how he has listed 'Jamie007', his old ID in there for clarity.

Best wishes & positive posting.

BBB

Re: Everyone Has To Register First

Reply #1
Can we PLEASE go back to the old Blue background and white text.  This skin is doing my head and eyes in.

Reply #2
We are talking about this. From accessing the site from a work or school point of view the plain background is better, you have options to get rid of viewing avatars and the side bars so the screen can look very blank, good for bosses who want to see what everyone is doing, the blue was a dead give away.

Not saying it won't happen just that we are looking at things first.

Reply #3
good for bosses who want to see what everyone is doing, the blue was a dead give away.

LOL I never thought of that! So CSC is work bludger friendly!

Reply #4
Can we PLEASE go back to the old Blue background and white text.  This skin is doing my head and eyes in.

Small steps Tommy, we have only been in the house for 48-hours, we still haven't been to the paint shop yet.

BBB

Reply #5

Ditto... great work and much appreciated buy more Navy Blue needed :)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #6
I am manually bringing posts over from the old site, so if you have changed your username and want to keep your post count the PM me if you don't want people to know who you are :P

Reply #7
When you post to a thread, the post/preview buttons are blie with black text. Can't read a thing  :P

Reply #8
I am manually bringing posts over from the old site, so if you have changed your username and want to keep your post count the PM me if you don't want people to know who you are :P

What happened to hiding post counts?  :P

Reply #9
 One question on the new site....WHY!

Reply #10
Spook,

Why did we move you ask ?

The answer is quite simple, you may recall that we were experiencing server problems in peak traffic times. The site either shutdown completely under the strain or just ran very slow which was not only frustrating for everyone, but created extra work for those people behind the scenes.

We consulted with Spanner who is our IT guru who not only explained the reasons why these problems were occurring, but also strongly recommended a changeover to this new format which is more robust as well as having more features all-round.

In the end, moving sites became a necessity, it wasn't an option for us.

BBB 

Reply #11
I like it  8)

Reply #12
Scroller is back, thanks Spanner

Reply #13
Scroller is back, thanks Spanner

Raydan, any chance we can keep away from he scroller and keep the posts the way they were originally? Actually easier to find the popular posts that way.
Keep the Faith

Reply #14

What happened to hiding post counts?  :P
I actually prefer to see the post counts, never agreed with them being hidden in the first place. On the old site, it'd mean that anyone under 50 posts I'd ignore ;), saved me heaps of time!!!

Personally, I liked seeing them, 'cos if an irregular poster suddenly resurfaced after a long absence, by seeing their post count instead of wondering "I wonder if this was so-and-so who used to post years ago" I could tell that they'd be a regular in the past & not someone I'd mistaken a newbie for (not that I have anything against new members btw). Post counts are a nice feature, I like seeing how many posts members have clocked-up......but that's me, I like stats!!!
Football is life, there is nothing else....