Skip to main content
Topic: Round 15 - Blues Vs Pies. Pre - Game Thread (Read 46679 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 15 - Blues Vs Pies. Pre - Game Thread

Reply #60
Is it just me or is the ball coming out of the forwardline way too easy since Eddie and Jeffy have gone.

I saw Thomas chasing arse a few times and he DIDN'T MAKE ONE METRE on the guy he was chasing, the guy ran 40 mts and kicked it 50!!
Eddie would have had him cold inside the first 10m..

The rest of the forwards bar Menzel ae all big dudes and just appeare to get cut up when the ball hit the ground.

If you can't keep the ball in your 50m arc you are screwed.

This. We've effectively got Daisy playing Eddie's role, for more coin and less output.
If you are suggesting Daisy has played Eddies role (as in a direct swap) all year, sorry to say mate but you have rocks in your head.

He has played mainly as a forward, often quite deep. His job is to apply pressure and kick goals. May not be the exact same role but he's effectively replaced Eddie as a forward. Less output, more coin.

Daisy has played deep forward on quite a few occasions, but he isn't playing there as a small forward, but rather to take an opposition player out of the play - defensive forward.

He has spent more time up the ground then Betts ever has.

FWIW, i suspect with a decent pre-season (and he can definitely claim a lack of that) he will be a much improved player for us in 2015.
Mate on the odd occasion that Betts venture up the ground into the midfield, he needed a GPS and a Melways to find his way back to his fwd 50.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #61
Team: Collingwood
Backs M.Williams, J.Frost, A.Toovey
HBacks T.Langdon, L.Keeffe, H.Lumumba
Centre S.Sidebottom, D.Swan, C.Young
HForwards T.Goldsack, J.White, B.Macaffer
Forwards J.Blair, T.Cloke, J.Elliott
Followers J.Witts, D.Beams, S.Pendlebury
Interchange (from) B.Grundy, L.Ball, S.Dwyer, T.Adams, T.Broomhead, P.Seedsman, J.Thomas
Ins T.Goldsack, S.Sidebottom, B.Grundy
Outs

Team: Carlton
Backs S.Rowe, M.Jamison, A.Walker
HBacks S.Docherty, A.Everitt, K.Simpson
Centre C.Yarran, E.Curnow, D.Thomas
HForwards B.Gibbs, M.Robinson, B.McLean
Forwards C.Judd, L.Casboult, T.Menzel
Followers R.Warnock, A.Carrazzo, M.Murphy
Interchange (from) L.Henderson, B.Johnson, D.Armfield, A.McInnes, S.White, Z.Tuohy, J.Waite
Ins M.Murphy, A.McInnes, B.Johnson
Outs

I wonder why they bothered naming White when only 2 days ago the club claimed he was going to miss 3 - 4 weeks?

Collingwood are claiming to be hit with injuries? I look at this side and I find that hard to believe.

I know al clubs play ducks and drakes when it comes to team line ups, but I wonder who is fooling whom?
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #62
Rather delicate round for us really.

Lose to the Pies (and who here really would have a stack of confidence of that result not happening) and it would leave us vulnerable on the ladder.

Dogs V Dees, both teams are level on points with us.
Saints V Tigers, both teams are 4 points behind us, Tigers have a better percentage than us.
Brisbane upset the Kangas, they are 4 points behind us.
Giants get over Swans, they are level on points with us.

Naturally there is a fair whack of percentage that will have a say in it but if we copped a serious flogging, we could fall as low as 15th !!
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #63
Interchange (from) B.Grundy, L.Ball, S.Dwyer, T.Adams, T.Broomhead, P.Seedsman, J.Thomas
Outs

Interchange (from) L.Henderson, B.Johnson, D.Armfield, A.McInnes, S.White, Z.Tuohy, J.Waite
Outs

I wonder why they bothered naming White when only 2 days ago the club claimed he was going to miss 3 - 4 weeks?

Collingwood are claiming to be hit with injuries? I look at this side and I find that hard to believe.

I know al clubs play ducks and drakes when it comes to team line ups, but I wonder who is fooling whom?
Quite a few have slid to the bench, next step a run in the twos. Walker should join that bunch. Seriously, season was shot weeks ago. Why not implement some sort of a KPI/ scoring system where the (for e.g.) first, second and/or third best on ground in the twos automatically get a game in the ones the following week, the same number of worst performers in the ones go back to the twos.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #64
Outs

Outs

On paper the side looks good........then they play ::).

Reply #65
Can't see us winning but expect an honest effort.

McInnes will play because White won't.  If they give him a shut down role I reckon he will do ok.  Dennis I suspect will also miss, let's face it, he may as well not have run out the last two weeks and he was a late replacement vs GWS anyway.  I expect another name player to be "rested", but I am not sure which one.  Pies are a hard match up for us... their bigs are BIG and their smalls are fast and smart, something we lack.

Oh, and I'd like to give a little slap to all the media types who trawl through this site looking for inspiration... I'm sure that Carlton would pick more youth if they had them available... seen the injury list lately?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #66
Handy ins for Collingwood.....add Nathan Brown and Reid and thats their best team they can name.

McInnes or White  wont make much difference...both will be in trouble when the ball hits the deck and those Pie smalls are hovering...

Hope Blaine Johnson plays and we are competitive .....Pies will start favourites but we are a slim chance if we can keep their mids quiet
and Warnock can win the ruck duels although Witts is a monster and I dont see Warnock dominating.

Reply #67
Anyone seen the NB team? On facebook the cheersqaud group posted an NBs team with Touhy, White, Armfield, Henderson, Johnson, Mcinnes and Waite.

Reply #68
 >:(
Henderson should be dropped before Waite.. I cannot believe our selections against a side we have to beat to give us something to cheer about.. They have finally broken my spirit... I'm over it..

Reply #69
>:(
Henderson should be dropped before Waite.. I cannot believe our selections against a side we have to beat to give us something to cheer about.. They have finally broken my spirit... I'm over it..

What r u talking about?
What r the latest in's and out's ? ???
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #70
Waite, Armfield out
Murphy, Johnson in
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #71
Waite, Armfield out
Murphy, Johnson in

Glad to see a young player given a go. Looking forward to the game for that reason alone.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #72
From memory drafting commentators had big wraps on his kicking and marking
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #74
From memory drafting commentators had big wraps on his kicking and marking

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/champion-data-picks-the-top-30-draft-prospects-of-2013/story-fnelctok-1226759925435
29. BLAINE JOHNSON
Was WA's second-leading goalkicker at the carnival. In-between size makes for a tough match-up on lead or overhead.
WE SAY: Booming right foot is a weapon outside 50. Later pick.