Skip to main content
Topic: RD 4: Carlton VS Melbourne (Read 111829 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 4: Carlton VS Melbourne

Reply #165
Waite at his worst is one million times better than Rowe at his best.

Another ridiculous selection mistake.

Reply #166
Could these be blokes who said "No" to Mick's question?

A half-ar5ed Waite is 1000s times more value than a pea-hearted Lucas!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #168
Rowe is probably playing because he's been playing to instructions.
Those that have missed have probably not.

Reply #169
Waite is also one of the few who will fly the flag for the boys.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #170
Another thing that has to be taken into account, is the weather and therefore the ground conditions.

Rain is predicted right up till next Monday.

Collingwood and Richmond will turn the ground into a mud heap, even allowing for the already heavy conditions.

Rowe can barely move on a dry day. At least Waite has some mobility about him.

Also, why wasn't carrots dropped.  He should have been allowed to find his touch in the twos and they should have brought in  in Graham instead.

Reply #171
Rowe is probably playing because he's been playing to instructions.
Those that have missed have probably not.

I'd love to know what those instructions could possibly be.

Reply #172
Another thing that has to be taken into account, is the weather and therefore the ground conditions.

Collingwood and Richmond will turn the ground into a mud heap, even allowing for the already heavy conditions.

Also, why wasn't carrots dropped.  He should have been allowed to find his touch in the twos and they should have brought in  in Graham instead.
But if it is raining our spine looks mighty slow.

Hmm, otherwise at least we are trying something different!

At least in the wet 206 won't get any shorter, he can just stick those big arms up and take a mark!  ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #173
Is this the start of the 'clean out and cull'?  Give Rowe, Casboult and Lucas a chance to prove their worth and then work out what to do with them come October??

Reply #174

Find his touch? Bloke had 23 touches (18 contested), 10 clearances and 5 tackles in his first game in quite a while. One of the only decent players for us last week.

Reply #175
FFS I have just realised, Warnock, Rowe, Casboult, Henderson all slow supposedly marking targets on a weekend after four straight days of rain.

Has our MC turned to mud?

Poor Levi, he pulls a gig as a 200cm mark clunking target on a weekend when it has rained so much they have closed the MCG park three days before the game. Talk about giving he kid a challenge, maybe his luck has well and truly run out! Will Frawley go to him?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #176
Is this the start of the 'clean out and cull'?  Give Rowe, Casboult and Lucas a chance to prove their worth and then work out what to do with them come October??

I reckon that's it. Got no problem with the changes this week though I would have added Robbo as an out for Graham and would have liked to see Watson back in the side.

I think by dropping Waite it sends a bigger message than dropping a Rowe type. It means no one is invincible. It'd be easy to pick on the lesser lights, but this says to all players, you got to shape up or you'll get a spell in the two's.

Reply #177
Senior players had to go, Robbo uses up another life though.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #178
Bit of a surprise to see Waite dropped but I guess that's more because of what he is capable of rather than what he's producing.

Bell is a bit stiff; he had a dip when he came on.  Hopefully, it will fire him up and he'll force his way back.

Lucas is a bit of a left field selection; did he play in the NBs last week?  I would have given Graham a run before Lucas.

I hope were not underestimating Melbourne  :-\
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #179
Senior players had to go, Robbo uses up another life though.

Gotta play Robbo in the wet. The conditions will bring everyone else's disposal efficiency down to his level. ;)