Skip to main content
Topic: RD 4: Carlton VS Melbourne (Read 111833 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 4: Carlton VS Melbourne

Reply #210

Genius as work.

Only person who might have a chance of kicking a few and maybe getting some form back is omitted.

Pity he's also one lazy mofo....
Good on Mick for dropping him...
He's not the Lone Ranger in that dept. and a few of them are still playing.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #211
Geezus, surprised by Waite's omission. He does frustrate but who the hell else in our team could do better? Maybe Henderson, but I can't imagine Levi getting much of it in the wet and we all know once it hits the deck he's basically out of the picture.
Warnock, Rowe, Robbo and even Tuohy were worse IMO. 

Reply #212
Warnock, Rowe, Robbo and even Tuohy were worse IMO.

Agree. I think the decision to drop Waite and Jeffy were designed to create belief amongst supporters that the club are finally making the hard calls, yet it just looks stupid
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #213
Agree. I think the decision to drop Waite and Jeffy were designed to create belief amongst supporters that the club are finally making the hard calls, yet it just looks stupid

I suspect they are making selections heavily influenced by statistics alone!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #214

I suspect they are making selections heavily influenced by statistics alone!

Wouldn't surprise. We have form!
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #215
2 of the worst performing teams in the comp with the best coaches
MM & Roos should get together privately before the game and agree to instruct their players
to go hard at each other to see  who is up to it
call it the Bruezer cup

Reply #216
Rowe is probably playing because he's been playing to instructions.
Those that have missed have probably not.

Agree...made the bad mistake when he dropped a mark and the ball got cleaned up by the bombers for a goal but rucked ok
and a couple of handpasses resulted in scores. He isnt the future but probably tries to play to instructions better than some of the
other players and thats what Mick likes about him.
I think he plays his best footy in the ruck and is more useful than Warnock around the ground but don't want him anywhere near the backline.

Rowe NEVER, and I mean NEVER, puts in a second effort.

He'll go for a mark, miss it, and stand there looking like a complete imbecile. Kreuzer for example, will miss a mark but do all he can in a second and third effort to try and get the ball. Rowe, wouldn't know what a second effort was.

Don't get me wrong, no one admires the man more than me, for the remarkable recovery he has made from his testicular cancer.

But he is so far below the standard that is required to play at the highest level in an AFL team, which the supporters would like to see play in a final series in this our 150th. year, that's it is a sad reflection on the team list that our wonderful recruiters have cobbled together over the years, that he gets a game.

Reply #217
I happened to be in a position to watch Melbourne train on Thursday.

The Dimboola under 12's would beat them on what I saw. They had a full scale match practice and were woeful.

Of course, the way we are playing at the moment, the Dimboola under 9's would beat us. ::) ::) ::) ::)

Reply #218
MM & Roos should get together privately before the game and agree to instruct their players
call it the Bruezer cup

I'm not sold on Roos at the Demons whatsoever. He's supposed to be building confidence but judging by the bakes he's been dishing out so far he's doing the opposite. I hate the way these old school coaches with great records step in and think by throwing their weight around that will get the job done. That era has well and truly passed.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #219
Who is on the match committee? What are their names?
Ours runs like a Parents Teachers Association  ::)

Over the years, do any of us understand the logic of their selections or lack of? :o

If there was a theme I could work out the logic.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #220
call it the Bruezer cup

I'm not sold on Roos at the Demons whatsoever. He's supposed to be building confidence but judging by the bakes he's been dishing out so far he's doing the opposite. I hate the way these old school coaches with great records step in and think by throwing their weight around that will get the job done. That era has well and truly passed.

Yes, today's prima donna players are just not up to it. ;)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #222
call it the Bruezer cup

That maybe the case, but the coaches job is to get the most out of what he has and for 1 million+ a year you need to have more up your sleeve than chip kicking sideways and abusing players.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #223
call it the Bruezer cup

That maybe the case, but the coaches job is to get the most out of what he has and for 1 million+ a year you need to have more up your sleeve than chip kicking sideways and abusing players.

Carrots, may be they are getting all there is to get - scary thought I know.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #224
Happy to see Waite & Garlett dropped.....the worst performed key & small forwards respectively in the AFL this year bar none (and I'm aware of Cloke's slow start to the season). Mick had to make a statement, can't drop them all, so here's a shot across the playing group's bow. Reckon Bryce & Tuohy would both wanna be playing well this week....

I was a White fan, but geez he's stunk it up the past couple of weeks, that was a no brainer, as was Bell who was sloppy against the Tigers & was the sub last week. Bell will return, but needs to sharpen up at VFL level.

Despite most of us not liking his presence in the team one iota, Rowe remains because of his ruck back-up capabilities.

Desperately want to see Walker playing forward, as his presence in the backline now hurts us & Scotland had to return for his sound ball usage alone.

They'd wanna be breathing fire tomorrow our mob......imagine the fallout if we lose, the anticipation is killing me!!!
Football is life, there is nothing else....