Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game Postulations Round 16 Carlton vs Sydney at Metricon. (Read 4396 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre game Postulations Round 16 Carlton vs Sydney at Metricon.

Reply #45
Totally agree with comments re Casboult and his worth re flexibility and ruck back-up, even down back, but he has stunk the place up with his forward work in the past 6 weeks or so. He's a confidence player for sure and early touches will help enormously... but please let's not park him up forward - more responsibility for H and Brackets.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #46
In: Owies, Cuningham, De Koning, Plowman
Out: Pittonet, Betts, Dow, Polson

Don’t mind the ins.   Need to develop a small forward.  I would have like to see Josh Honey get more of a run.   The last 3 are all best 22 for mine.

Would like to see Dow get more games but that would mean resting Cripps or Murphy.

Reply #47
I notice The TT has stopped talking 'winning' and fallen back on old faithful, 'growth' & 'learning'. Sound familiar? However, in his media conference today he sure did say the right things and identify the glaring weaknesses needing attention. Like what he said about interviews with all the players and apparently, to a man, all players wanting to be a part of next year. A very good indicator. And I also like what he said about Crippa.

Once the season is shot, you can do that.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #48
There is a lot of chat about Dow due to Diesel's comments.

I'd be more concerned about Pittonet being "Managed" just three games after having a week off with injury, and De Koning is back in, I worry that "Managed" might be quite a kind word.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #49
If a player isn't playing well then managed = dropped.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #50
Don’t mind the ins.   Need to develop a small forward.  I would have like to see Josh Honey get more of a run.   The last 3 are all best 22 for mine.

Would like to see Dow get more games but that would mean resting Cripps or Murphy.
I'd like to see more of Honey, plenty to work with there and gives us a different type of player.

Reply #51
There is a lot of chat about Dow due to Diesel's comments.

I'd be more concerned about Pittonet being "Managed" just three games after having a week off with injury, and De Koning is back in, I worry that "Managed" might be quite a kind word.

It was always the plan. Drop TDK, play Pittonet. Drop Pittonet, play TDK.

When a bloke is doing 90% of the ruckwork, you don't want him playing 3 games in 9 days.

Reply #52
Okay the AFL site indicates the game should be on 7 Mate, but I cannot see it - is it non-Melbourne only?