Skip to main content
Topic: 2015-Rnd 6 Carlton vs Brisbane (Preview) (Read 92545 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2015-Rnd 6 Carlton vs Brisbane (Preview)

Reply #45
The players and coaches better not go into this next game against the lions, thinking about how ordinary their playing list is. They better focus on how ordinary our players are at bringing on intensity and pressure when it counts. They better focus on how poor we are and how to turn the attitude around. There is very little we can do about our players skill levels. We have what we have.  If we don't turn the heat on high early enough in the match, the lions will cut us to pieces with running speed.

As others have stated, we could very easily play them into some form. They know this is a game they can win. All they have to do is switch on early and choke the life out of our game. They are young enough and have the legs to last a game. If they are motivated to do so. I am not certain we are. It hasn't been seen in the first 5 rounds. Why would it start now. We couldn't come to play for our coaches biggest moment in his life. Why would things turn around in one week ??? I worry about this game more than any other we have played in the last 2 years. Haven't these guys help us get a sacked coach in the past ? Isn't that exactly what they would love to repeat again ? What a week to give up drinking.

Picked the wrong week to give up amphetamines!
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #46
I've got 2 weeks before that one Thry.  ;D
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #47
A mid-Sunday afternoon game, between the 2 worst sides in the comp......be lucky to break 15,000. I'll go, 'cos it's what I do, but never been so disinterested in my life......

I hate it when a season gets like this......and it's only after round 5........FMD.........
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #48
This would be ideal to take my 4yo to his first game but we are so shight I'm scared it will put him off footy. I may wait another year unless the coach gets the ass and the style of play improves.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #49
Probably the perfect game mate. My kids grew up in the days of our wooden spoons, but are now starting to really follow the blues so the thrashings didn't put them off too much :)

The smaller crowd games are good as I found with my kids the first couple of games they were pretty overawed by the sound at the bigger games, though they were a little younger.
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #51
This would be ideal to take my 4yo to his first game but we are so shight I'm scared it will put him off footy. I may wait another year unless the coach gets the ass and the style of play improves.

Just plan to go for the first quarter. Get him a hotdog or something. He'll be happy. If you're lucky, he'll have had enough at 1/4 time and you can go home  ;D

Reply #52
I think my grandson will be happy to watch the hovercraft. May lose him a bit after that.  ::)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #53
Should be a cracking game.   ::)

Reply #54
A Noam fan, eh?

Polarising with his views on cognition and language, especially in non-humans.

Much preferred his social justice stuff... cognition and language the syntactic structures stuff, though probably brilliant, I found to be like a lot of his communication... verbose.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #55
I've based most of my major rants on that sentence!

A classic -Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #56
Probably the perfect game mate. My kids grew up in the days of our wooden spoons, but are now starting to really follow the blues so the thrashings didn't put them off too much :)

The smaller crowd games are good as I found with my kids the first couple of games they were pretty overawed by the sound at the bigger games, though they were a little younger.

Cheers MIO, I took the little fella to a Melbourne Victory game a few months back and he didn't seem too overawed with the noise but obviously a 60k+ crowd would be much louder!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #57
Is this the Wooden Spoon game? 

Reply #58
Depends if Mick has learnt. Will he lets us run, if he does we'll pump them. If he hasn't learnt and put everyone almost behind the ball again then he can go flock off because we'll be crap.

I can't believe in his 3rd year here he hasn't worked that out.

Reply #59
Is this the Wooden Spoon game?

Fill name in space provided,

The 2015 .... Cup!
The Force Awakens!