Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 546812 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #1320
Geez, we had the Poms 8/114 in the 30th over and lost!

Are we shell shocked, or did we just pick a sh1t week to give up cocaine?

We needed more sandpaper....180 grit on the circular usually gets it done for me... ;)
Poms play good one day cricket thanks to all their local comps and we had our regular test attack out, never going to win that series especially with Warner and Smith also out...Butler and crew just dined out on our second string attack.

Reply #1321
We needed more sandpaper....180 grit on the circular usually gets it done for me... ;)
Poms play good one day cricket thanks to all their local comps and we had our regular test attack out, never going to win that series especially with Warner and Smith also out...Butler and crew just dined out on our second string attack.
Indeed. It could be claimed that we didn't have our best 5 pace bowlers, although Stanlake looks like he has what it takes. The other bowlers struggled.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #1322
Carey should be the ODI keeper,  Paine has enough issues to deal with.

Paine and Stoinis stank with the bat.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #1323
I don't hold a heap of faith in the short forms of the game, Test cricket is where you make your reputation, but this whitewash against the Poms was very poor.

Just shows how brittle our undercarriage is when Smith isn't playing even though I reckon he has a woeful technique.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #1324
Carey should be the ODI keeper,  Paine has enough issues to deal with.

Paine and Stoinis stank with the bat.

I've always taken the opinion that to keep and captain you need to be extraordinary, you have to have excess talent that you can burn because you game will go south under the dual role.

Just shows how brittle our undercarriage is when Smith isn't playing even though I reckon he has a woeful technique.

It exposes the damage the NSW cartel does and continues to do to Australian cricket!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1325
Who really gives a f... about an out of (our) season ODI series over there....

Bottom line is we had likely 8 out of our regular best 11 not out there... we know that, the Poms know that.....

Too many of the bowlers we played are either inexperienced and/or not up to the top level.

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #1326
Who really gives a f... about an out of (our) season ODI series over there....

There is no out of season period for the professional cricketers.

They play pretty much 12 months of the year at home or somewhere else, much of it short form.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1327
We're so lucky in this country to have Langer picking the test side,  he is so insightful, so wise.... Wouldn't pick Maxwell as he is an "unreliable" player,  yet continues to pick the spud brothers,  who have both stunk with the bat,  shelled a vital catch and the so called all rounder bowled a mere handful of innocuous overs. Chuck in two debutants who lasted 11 balls for zero runs.

Well done Langer,  you've really inspired us with your selections......NOT!
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #1328
While expectations of the team have to be low, to be bowled out for 60 (0/142, all out 202) is pretty ordinary...

Reply #1329
We're so lucky in this country to have Langer picking the test side,  he is so insightful, so wise.... Wouldn't pick Maxwell as he is an "unreliable" player,  yet continues to pick the spud brothers,  who have both stunk with the bat,  shelled a vital catch and the so called all rounder bowled a mere handful of innocuous overs. Chuck in two debutants who lasted 11 balls for zero runs.

The day keeps getting better and better Prof....lol :D

Reply #1331
The Dunning Kruger principle strikes again!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #1332
The Dunning Kruger principle strikes again!

It turns up in threads around here quite a bit! ;D

I checked the scores early last night and we were something like 1/150 and cruising, then I watched an hour or so of TV with the missus and checked again and we were rubbish!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1333

Not happy Prof?  :D

Reply #1334
It turns up in threads around here quite a bit! ;D

I checked the scores early last night and we were something like 1/150 and cruising, then I watched an hour or so of TV with the missus and checked again and we were rubbish!

they lost 10 for 60.
Finals, then 4 in a row!