Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 4: Post Game Pain: Carlton vs North Melbourne (Read 26924 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 4: Post Game Pain: Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #105
Clarkson is over-rated, they had massive AFL assistance to build that list, Kennett complained and complained until they got super deals and maximum support. The Dawks were receiving priority picks when we were finishing on the bottom of the ladder.

I have hated Clarkson's guts since the Battle of Brittain.... but I would sack Bolton and replace him with Clarkson in a heartbeat.

we need some one with a bit of C.U.N.T.
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #106
Completely how I feel Maxi >:( >:( >:( >:(
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #107

I have hated Clarkson's guts since the Battle of Brittain.... but I would sack Bolton and replace him with Clarkson in a heartbeat.

we need some one with a bit of C.U.N.T.
Pagan had it, our players revolted. MM had it, our players revolted. Clarkson would end up with no players at our club, they would all be in therapy. ;D
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #108
Collingwood get criticized and bagged and respond accordingly. Essendon same this week and beat Port. Our team gets slagged and we produce an even worse effort than the week before against weaker opposition. We are rabble .... AGAIN

Reply #109
I haven't seen the presser. Anyone know how many times Bolts used the word 'growth'?

Surely there is something wrong. Most of our players are better than that. Bolts is a teacher. He talks like it. He coaches like it. I imagine that style would really pi$$ off some players after a while.

And I don't buy that Murphy was a huge loss and would have made a difference. He's not a 'Follow me boys and I will show you the way' type of leader.
JC

Reply #110
We are too meek and mild... we need somebody / someone to step up and DO SOMETHING !!

Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #111
Our defence...

It was a strength last year.
At the very least let's get that back and functioning. Go back to the old set-up (have we deviated much from it) ....or has it been worked out and exploited?

Obviously with Docherty missing theré's an integral part of the rebound from defence missing, but there seems to be no-one who has taken up, or even attempted, to take up that role.

Reply #112
Bolton is as close to Clarkson as it's possible to be. Apart from the article below, I have word from someone connected to the Hawks that what Lewis says is true. If you want Clarkson, this is as close as it gets.

I have never heard Clarkson pot any of his players in a presser. I don't watch every one, but the ones I have watched he defends them quite a lot.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/hawthorns-jordan-lewis-says-new-carlton-coach-brendon-bolton-is-a-clone-of-top-hawk-alastair-clarkson/news-story/c7c6c624d8ce5e64e103446e735d7841

Reply #113
Here is a big part of our problem:

Sam Docherty      Season
Jarrod Pickett      10 weeks
Ciaran Byrne      3-4 weeks
Tom Williamson      3-4 weeks
Darcy Lang      Test
Cillian McDaid      4-5 weeks
Caleb Marchbank   4 weeks
Matthew Lobbe      4 weeks
Alex Silvagni      2-3 weeks
Murphy                      Who knows?
Kennedy                    Who knows?
Kreuzer                     Who knows?

That's nearly half of our best team is unavailable and won't be available for at least a month.

Strap yourselves in for a rough ride and see how we look at the end of May.

WW we can add those returning serious injury. Sam Rowe and Flipper, and may be others I've forgotten.
That's 14 players not available for selection.
Then there's the real newbies (I.e. 1st yrs)  too who are simply not ready for AFL. That only leaves our fringe players and the few in yr 2/3.
Then we have a senoir coach on trainer wheels who no longer has a wise mentor in the coaches box.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #114
Bolton is as close to Clarkson as it's possible to be. Apart from the article below, I have word from someone connected to the Hawks that what Lewis says is true. If you want Clarkson, this is as close as it gets.

I have never heard Clarkson pot any of his players in a presser. I don't watch every one, but the ones I have watched he defends them quite a lot.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/hawthorns-jordan-lewis-says-new-carlton-coach-brendon-bolton-is-a-clone-of-top-hawk-alastair-clarkson/news-story/c7c6c624d8ce5e64e103446e735d7841

Reply #115

Yes, maybe but you don't last long when you side doesn't crack in and have a proper go. Hopefully that changes for his sake.

Reply #116
Yes, maybe but you don't last long when you side doesn't crack in and have a proper go. Hopefully that changes for his sake.

Fair enough.

Reply #117
WW we can add those returning serious injury. Sam Rowe and Flipper, and may be others I've forgotten.
That's 14 players not available for selection.
Then there's the real newbies (I.e. 1st yrs)  too who are simply not ready for AFL. That only leaves our fringe players and the few in yr 2/3.
Then we have a senoir coach on trainer wheels who no longer has a wise mentor in the coaches box.

Totally agree, but who? I'd like it to be a Carlton person, someone who could coach and possesses some mongrel.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #118
Our defence...

It was a strength last year.
At the very least let's get that back and functioning. Go back to the old set-up (have we deviated much from it) ....or has it been worked out and exploited?

Obviously with Docherty missing theré's an integral part of the rebound from defence missing, but there seems to be no-one who has taken up, or even attempted, to take up that role.

Our defense was good as half the team were back there last season  :), but we couldnt score given when the ball went forward it was usually 3 on six or similar but it did make games closer and more interesting until the media bagged us out for playing unattractive footy and Bolton got pressured to be more attacking/stylish with his game plan.
We have the players to play good defense, we dont have the players to be a good offensive team.
Its an interesting point you make as what will it take for Bolton to crack and go back to the old game plan, how many big defeats until the dam breaks and he starts playing more men back and behind the ball..?

Reply #119
Our defense was good as half the team were back there last season  :), but we couldnt score given when the ball went forward it was usually 3 on six or similar but it did make games closer and more interesting until the media bagged us out for playing unattractive footy and Bolton got pressured to be more attacking/stylish with his game plan.
We have the players to play good defense, we dont have the players to be a good offensive team.
Its an interesting point you make as what will it take for Bolton to crack and go back to the old game plan, how many big defeats until the dam breaks and he starts playing more men back and behind the ball..?

If we're not ready forward...and it seems we're not...at least solidify this part of our game.