Skip to main content
Topic: 2015-Rnd 6 Carlton vs Brisbane (Preview) (Read 90946 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2015-Rnd 6 Carlton vs Brisbane (Preview)

Reply #30
Agree witht he sentiment of previous posts, we cannot acpet a loss the the Lions. Expecting the te players to react and win well. A loss will be a disaster for the club and Mick's future.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #31
Well the Suns (inept) have just given the Lions (even more inept) a nice touch up.

It's come to this. We can only hope the Lions are more inept than we are.
As we are so predictable, there is nothing surer that we will run the Lions into form and they will notch up their first win.

Reply #32
Hey Crash - Did you find Mick's book about the slow ox?

Come to think about it, that book might have something to do with how slow most of the players seem to be.

"The team is slow but the fans are not patient"
  ;D ;D ;D ;D
No, I haven't found that quote, but yours makes a lot of sense!  ;D ;D

I have been looking for the traits of Malthouse teams in our style of play and I don't see them: no intensity, no physical pressure, no strength, no on field discipline, no no-names performing above expectations. Once we had pace, and it seems to have left us. So, yes, "The team is slow but the fans are not patient"!

To be honest, I think Malthouse will come out with a von Clausowitz quote or 2:
'Everything in war is very simple. But the simplest thing is difficult.
'
'Two qualities are indispensable: first, an intellect that, even in the darkest hour, retains some glimmerings of the inner light which leads to truth; and second, the courage to follow this faint light wherever it may lead.
The way we have played so far would show clearly that we find the basics of football difficult indeed.

Now Mozzie is probably incorrect in his quote:
Battle of the wooden spooners this game...
We are truly poor, and so are the Lions, but St. Kilda have already demonstrated that they are worse than us. I think they 'Aints still have the highest probability of finishing below us. However, we do appear to be headed towards a bottom 3 finish, maybe even a bottom 2. Brisbane I thought would be more competitive given the way they finished 2014. They have a few injury worries, but even fewer forwards than we have. They do, however, have a few quick small forwards that we badly lack. They tend to make life difficult for us. It will also be interesting to see how we combat Stefan Martin: I don't think he could have done that well last night, but he has been very good in recent times.

We may not have Hendo or Jamo, but we may get a few others back. (I can hope.) One thing we can be certain of come next weekend:
No battle plan survives contact with the enemy.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #33
@  Crash
Martin had 42 HOs, 4 marks and 24 disposals.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #34
Perhaps - I just have a philosophical opposition to wanting my team to lose.

Well said... and love your Avatar - one of the great thinkers of our time.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #35
Well said... and love your Avatar - one of the great thinkers of our time.

A Noam fan, eh?

Polarising with his views on cognition and language, especially in non-humans.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #36
Lose this and supporters will be baying for blood. 

Reply #37
@  Crash
Martin had 42 HOs, 4 marks and 24 disposals.
In that case our rucks are in for a difficult day. However, we are not without hope. I rate Grundy and we beat him in taps.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #38
In that case our rucks are in for a difficult day. However, we are not without hope. I rate Grundy and we beat him in taps.

Warnock beats 99% of the AFL rucks in taps, but they are worthless stats that have no influence on the result!

Perhaps Judd was talking about 206?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #39
LP and Baggers.

Thanks gents.

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Reply #40
LP and Baggers.

Thanks gents.

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

I've based most of my major rants on that sentence!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #41
As we are so predictable, there is nothing surer that we will run the Lions into form and they will notch up their first win.

Maybe not run them into form but this is exactly the type of game we would lose.

Reply #42
The players and coaches better not go into this next game against the lions, thinking about how ordinary their playing list is. They better focus on how ordinary our players are at bringing on intensity and pressure when it counts. They better focus on how poor we are and how to turn the attitude around. There is very little we can do about our players skill levels. We have what we have.  If we don't turn the heat on high early enough in the match, the lions will cut us to pieces with running speed.

As others have stated, we could very easily play them into some form. They know this is a game they can win. All they have to do is switch on early and choke the life out of our game. They are young enough and have the legs to last a game. If they are motivated to do so. I am not certain we are. It hasn't been seen in the first 5 rounds. Why would it start now. We couldn't come to play for our coaches biggest moment in his life. Why would things turn around in one week ??? I worry about this game more than any other we have played in the last 2 years. Haven't these guys help us get a sacked coach in the past ? Isn't that exactly what they would love to repeat again ? What a week to give up drinking.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #43
Maybe not run them into form but this is exactly the type of game we would lose.

We are much more predictable now, I don't expect us to win anything!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #44
I'm not worried about this game or any other game this year. There are far bigger events happening atm regarding our future.
Reality always wins in the end.