Skip to main content
Topic: 2015-Rnd 6 Carlton vs Brisbane (Preview) (Read 89885 times) previous topic - next topic

2015-Rnd 6 Carlton vs Brisbane (Preview)

Sunday, 10 March @ 15:20
Etihad Stadium (home game)

If ANZAC day tells us lest we forget, we best treat this week as best we forget and quickly move focus to the next game. Brisbane has finished off the careers of a few Carlton coaches, so looms as a nail in the coffin game - needless to say - a must win game.

I imagine Hendo and Jamo won't get up for this one and Judd looked like he was labouring a bit with that back so perhaps a question mark there.

Hate the Sunday twilight rubbish  >:(

Re: 2015-Rnd 6 Carlton vs Brisbane (Preview)

Reply #1
Unfortunately I made a commitment to go to this game with my son-in-law, who is a Lions supporter, and my grandson. I'm not relishing the idea and if my grandson did ever switch his attention from cars to footy I don't like my chances of persuading him to follow us.  :(

Anyway, all I can do is hope.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #2
We need to be beaten and beaten badly.

Really need to send panic through the board and fire up the supporter base.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #3

Your wishes may come true!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #4
Your wishes may come true!

Carn the Brions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #5
If we lose this game, surely its the end of the road for MM

Reply #6

Which will only result in sacking Malthouse, all of the players being given another chance under a new coach and another three lost years until we sack our next coach.
Last night's team was loaded with scrubbers and three of our best 6 had poor games, I don't know what anyone realistically expected.
I'm hoping for a win next Sunday myself, I always hope we win.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #7
Which will only result in sacking Malthouse, all of the players being given another chance under a new coach and another three lost years until we sack our next coach.
Last night's team was loaded with scrubbers and three of our best 6 had poor games, I don't know what anyone realistically expected.

Nup,

Got to lose our President Luca Brasi and his backers.

The seasons over, the club is almost finished.

We are just drifting into an abyss. Support all you like, won't fix the issues.

You won't have a club worth following shortly.

Reply #8
I think we ll win and a lot of supporters will chill the hell and kind of forget about the mess we re really in as a Club for another week.
Not saying that's the right thing to do, but that s what ll happen.

Reply #9

Always this.

cimm, don't worry, a win against the Lions won't save anyone's bacon.

Reply #10
This is the only game I'll be at this year, cos of where I live, so I am really hoping for a win and hope Judd gets up for it. Might be my last time seeing him play.

Reply #11
Always this.

cimm, don't worry, a win against the Lions won't save anyone's bacon.

But a loss might have more impact.

Reply #12
I can hope for a win as well. That I no longer expect one tells a lot about how we are faring.
Robbo tried to fire up Brisbane with his comments earlier. He, at least, will be fired up to perform well. I would hope to rob him of this, but at the moment we do not appear to be able to rob a toddler of a lollie without stuffing it up.

Like Meddy, I really want to make an impression. We have guys like Judd, Carrots, Simmo and the like who are not immortal and who may not see next year. They deserve to have a few wins. I cannot think of what we will be like without them, but we had better get used to it. It is coming and there is nothing coming up behind them.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #13
I can hope for a win as well. That I no longer expect one tells a lot about how we are faring.
Robbo tried to fire up Brisbane with his comments earlier. He, at least, will be fired up to perform well. I would hope to rob him of this, but at the moment we do not appear to be able to rob a toddler of a lollie without stuffing it up.

Like Meddy, I really want to make an impression. We have guys like Judd, Carrots, Simmo and the like who are not immortal and who may not see next year. They deserve to have a few wins. I cannot think of what we will be like without them, but we had better get used to it. It is coming and there is nothing coming up behind them.

Bollocks...no one deserves a free jumper to get a win....thats our damm problem...a mates club...

Reply #14
Bollocks...no one deserves a free jumper to get a win....thats our damm problem...a mates club...
I wasn't claiming anyone should have a free jumper. But if, as Juddy just said, our guys are playing more for the jumper than themselves, then they should be doing better, showing more heart, wanting the ball more. I did not see that last night. I want to see it against Brisbane and in every other game we play. Our players were not just disrespecting themselves but disrespecting the Guernsey and the guys like Judd and Carrots who have put their bodies on the line for our club. I want to see them showing the respect our club deserves! I do not want to be a St. Kilda or a Western Bulldogs or a Melbourne.
Live Long and Prosper!