Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 547277 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #1950
Because the game is being run by a bunch of numpties.... sadly.
Yep and the guy made 2 x unbeaten 100's against the touring team, something we haven't seen for a very long time.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #1951
I can see how the Ashes tour will unfold a mile off....Jimmy Anderson will have one more home series, take our useless batmen to the cleaners & then smugly retire to a gush of plaudits from the Pommy press......it will be sickening...

Agree..Anderson at home with the Duke in conditions that suit will run through our poor technically skilled batsman and then be legend status........the hype, the press, talk shows etc.....vomit material...

Reply #1952
Yep and the guy made 2 x unbeaten 100's against the touring team, something we haven't seen for a very long time.

And will undoubtedly fail when it comes to he real stuff!  ;)
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #1954
Be hard to fail vs the Sri Lankan bowling....a toothless pug would have more bite....

It's odds on EB1, that the chosen ones will get a run!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1955
How is it that Tremain is in the squad for the India Test series, doesn't get a run, then gets dropped for the Sri Lanka series? There's been no shield cricket in the meantime? And if you can answer me that one, try this one, how does M Wade, with clearly the most shield runs at by far the bet average not get a run in the CA XI v Sri Lanka?? I'm baffled

Reply #1956
How is it that Tremain is in the squad for the India Test series, doesn't get a run, then gets dropped for the Sri Lanka series? There's been no shield cricket in the meantime? And if you can answer me that one, try this one, how does M Wade, with clearly the most shield runs at by far the bet average not get a run in the CA XI v Sri Lanka?? I'm baffled

I think that one of the reasons why India is enjoying success is that they pick the best available players and don't give a fat rat's clacker about who may be in line for selection in two series' time.  I really can't understand why our selectors can't just pick the best players and I can't understand why Cricket Australia and the TV networks don't do something about it.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #1957

Because JL is the coach. >:( >:(
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #1958

How many top 6 batsmen have been picked for Australia, when they batted at 6 in shield cricket.
Wade needs to bat in the top 4 if he wants to prove he is good enough.
His keeping is poor

Reply #1959
His keeping is poor

Personally I think that's redundant, Wade was labelled sub-par before he even debuted, and it's stuck with him ever since despite a obvious massive improvement in his keeping especially up to the stumps. Right now he's at least the equal of Paine in keeping and may even be better, a better captain as well and in general under Langer and Paine our tactics have been very poor. But Wade won't have Paine's patience to deal with the likes of Kohli, Wade will butt heads before negotiation. I'm not sure anyone else in Australian cricket would have Paine's patience and smarts when it comes to sledging.

btw., If you want to pick a pure keeper neither of them are the best in the land, some of the young kids coming through are extraordinary but their keeping is well below the grade! That's not to say CA shouldn't take a long term view!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1960
Personally I think that's redundant, Wade was labelled sub-par before he even debuted, and it's stuck with him ever since despite a obvious massive improvement in his keeping especially up to the stumps. Right now he's at least the equal of Paine in keeping and may even be better, a better captain as well and in general under Langer and Paine our tactics have been very poor. But Wade won't have Paine's patience to deal with the likes of Kohli, Wade will butt heads before negotiation. I'm not sure anyone else in Australian cricket would have Paine's patience and smarts when it comes to sledging.

btw., If you want to pick a pure keeper neither of them are the best in the land, some of the young kids coming through are extraordinary but their keeping is well below the grade! That's not to say CA shouldn't take a long term view!

Not even close to Paine.
That is simply ridiculous

Reply #1961
Paine is the best pure wicket keeper in Australia IMO and thats because he is equally comfortable taking both pace or spin.....he is workmanlike with the bat and gritty but isnt at the same level as a Wade or a lot of the other international keepers who can flay attacks and win matches even though Paine has a reasonable average.
Keeping is devalued in the modern era, when I was younger it was your keeping ability that got you picked first and if you could bat it was a bonus...now its probably 50/50 with a leaning towards batting keepers especlally in other countries.
Pant isnt a great keeper IMO but he can bat and flay the bowling, DeKock another who is a matchwinner with the bat and ok as a keeper but nothing brilliant IMO...England are blessed with Bairstow another good batsman who can keep as well as Joss Butler and new wonderboy Ben Foakes who made a century on debut as a fill in keeper bat...

Paine's batting will probably come under scrutiny in England especially if his English counterparts are firing like they have been but I wouldnt be replacing him with Wade in an effort to match Bairstow, Foakes extra matchwinning batting ability. Wade has to make it as a batsman only IMO and will need more runs at Shield level with some big scores....IMO the selectors may still ignore Wade for younger players...

Reply #1962
Paine is the best pure wicket keeper in Australia IMO and thats because he is equally comfortable taking both pace or spin.....he is workmanlike with the bat and gritty but isnt at the same level as a Wade or a lot of the other international keepers who can flay attacks and win matches even though Paine has a reasonable average.
Keeping is devalued in the modern era, when I was younger it was your keeping ability that got you picked first and if you could bat it was a bonus...now its probably 50/50 with a leaning towards batting keepers especlally in other countries.
Pant isnt a great keeper IMO but he can bat and flay the bowling, DeKock another who is a matchwinner with the bat and ok as a keeper but nothing brilliant IMO...England are blessed with Bairstow another good batsman who can keep as well as Joss Butler and new wonderboy Ben Foakes who made a century on debut as a fill in keeper bat...

Paine's batting will probably come under scrutiny in England especially if his English counterparts are firing like they have been but I wouldnt be replacing him with Wade in an effort to match Bairstow, Foakes extra matchwinning batting ability. Wade has to make it as a batsman only IMO and will need more runs at Shield level with some big scores....IMO the selectors may still ignore Wade for younger players...

Paine's technique is far greater than Wade's and England is exactly where you want a straight bat.
Paine's batting is not the problem, its the clowns up the order that we need to address.

Reply #1963
Paine's technique is far greater than Wade's and England is exactly where you want a straight bat.
Paine's batting is not the problem, its the clowns up the order that we need to address.
Australian Crickets woes in 12 words or less.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #1964
Australian Crickets woes in 12 words or less.

Ha..yeah...and the clowns up the order don't stop when you get to the top of the Test batting order either....the clowns keep going the further up you go !
Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.