Skip to main content
Topic: AFLW - 2020 draft - 22/10 (Read 2119 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFLW - 2020 draft - 22/10

Reply #1
Hope we go for Lucy McEvoy with pick 2, she's a gun and a great kid too

Reply #2
Confirmed as Lucy, maybe the worst kept secret in AFLW, we lost a Davey and picked up a Lucy as a replacement, the similarities in their game are extraordinary.

On Davey and the Filth, can't see their strategy of trading away so many picks as being successful, in effect they are voluntarily giving themselves the same penalties Carlton got for the TPP violations. It almost feels like it's all or nothing for them in 2020, they might pull the pin if this doesn't work!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3
Welcome to Carlton, girls!
[1] Lucy McEvoy (Geelong Falcons) pick 2
[2] Grace Egan (Richmond VFLW) pick 13    Actually, we selected Egan earlier, but it was to for this pick.
[3] Brooke Vernon (Dandenong) pick 26
[4] Sharnie Whiting (Williamstown) pick 36
[5] Serena Gibbs (Eastern Ranges) pick 44
[6] Vaomua Laloifi (Western Bulldogs VFLW) pick 52
[7] Courtney Jones (Southern Saints) pick 59

Our last pick was in Round 4!
I am disappointed we couldn't or wouldn't snaffle the Wright sisters, who really shone in the VFLW this year, or Britney Gutknecht. They were all drafted elsewhere after being standouts in the VFLW. :(
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #4
The Wright twins big Carlton fans too very disappointing.
Long time lurker few time poster !!

Reply #6

>:(
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #7
Very happy for Lucy McEvoy, another Ocean Grove-Collendina Cobras product (same as Sam Walsh). Lucy played all of her junior footy in the same team as my son, and she was always just about the best player in the team up until the age where she wasn't allowed to keep playing with the boys. I can't recall, but I wonder if Lucy and Sam Walsh ever ran out for the same Cobras junior team? It probably happened

Reply #8

Same with Patrikios who went to the Saints at pick 5. We just need to keep them on our radar and make a play for them after the season. I think recruits are still only on 12 month contracts until a new CBA is signed off.

Reply #9
Same with Patrikios who went to the Saints at pick 5. We just need to keep them on our radar and make a play for them after the season. I think recruits are still only on 12 month contracts until a new CBA is signed off.

They've allowed up to 2 year contracts. Players are pushing for 3 years.