Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 3 2024 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs North Melbourne (Read 2559 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 4 2024 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #15
Really felt for Larkey.
I don't like seeing people upset.
And I don't think he got full enjoyment out of the game. :D

🤣🤣🤣
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #16
I thought Elijah Hollands had a pretty solid first hit out. He had 22 touches, 6 marks, 5 tackles, 2 clearances and a goal. I liked it.

It was nice to see double dutch out there.

Reply #17
Some great performances and some silly brain fade disposals. Acres had me worried in the second half. He can either be a freak and quality number one, or I just need to close my eyes when he has the ball. Not bagging him and he wasn’t the only player up and down like a yo-yo. Glad we won, and won well. I would have exploded if it ended up a goal or two result. Our list is far too good for close results against kids.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #18
It's late and I've had a few, but I'd love it if we could just smash a club like the good old days. Like really smash them.
Maybe next week.

Re: AFL Rd 3 2024 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #19
I like how we play with controlled aggression (directed mainly at the footy). However we do know when to fly the flag and Weiters and Crippa are the "Captains" in that area. No longer do we get pushed around, fake toughness that teams like Norf and the Cheats display only costs them free kicks and 50s.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #20
I suspect this win might not get the merit it deserves, because I actually thought the opposition wasn't too bad.
North are a young side with a bit of talent coming through.
They moved the ball really well at times, but just lacked a bit of polish and discipline....yet we've beaten them by nearly ten goals.
There was a point in the game around the middle of the third where we started to get a bit 'lairy' and they kicked a couple of goals. It was good to see that checked.
Clarkson actually talked us up in his presser (probably as a bit of a deflection) but he said....
Coming off the bye they were "just so fresh and strong, they're a strong side anyway".
He also made mention of our pressure which he said was "supreme".

Reply #21
I suspect this win might not get the merit it deserves, because I actually thought the opposition wasn't too bad.
North are a young side with a bit of talent coming through.
They moved the ball really well at times, but just lacked a bit of polish and discipline....yet we've beaten them by nearly ten goals.
There was a point in the game around the middle of the third where we started to get a bit 'lairy' and they kicked a couple of goals. It was good to see that checked.
Clarkson actually talked us up in his presser (probably as a bit of a deflection) but he said....
Coming off the bye they were "just so fresh and strong, they're a strong side anyway".
He also made mention of our pressure which he said was "supreme".

It was a good convincing win against a side who has a bit of talent but never really worried us.  They did move it end to end far too easily at times and largely we have played pretty ordinary at times this season. 

The good thing is no matter how bad we are going we seem to turn it on and then eclipse sides.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #22
Cottrell is one of the players to work in space and stop the transition and quite frankly first three games have been woeful. Lucky to get a tackle out of him at the moment.
Ollie had a better game - much more productive
Durdin is a nice finisher but four touches and one tackle in three qtrs of football is not enough.

Reply #23
Cottrell is one of the players to work in space and stop the transition and quite frankly first three games have been woeful. Lucky to get a tackle out of him at the moment.
Ollie had a better game - much more productive
Durdin is a nice finisher but four touches and one tackle in three qtrs of football is not enough.
And yet Cotts covered more ground than anyone (again) with 15.9km. People might not think so but he plays his role every week, sometimes its a sacrificial one which utilises his running power.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #24
And yet Cotts covered more ground than anyone (again) with 15.9km. People might not think so but he plays his role every week, sometimes its a sacrificial one which utilises his running power.
Agree, love Cotters endeavour and am sure, as has been in the media this week, he sacrifices his own game to allow others to maximise theirs - for the betterment of the team.

Reply #25
Not doing enough for mine - give Binns a go

Reply #26
Strong four qtr effort. Love that.
Welcome back, Weiters... brought his authority to the backline, and rapt to see him flying the flag when needed.
J Carroll coming along nicely.
To those on here who suggested Marchbank should have returned via the Magoos - you were right.
Lij silenced his doubters. Now to back it up.
Hewett - the quiet achiever.
Terrific team effort against a willing opponent.

As an aside, typical Clarkson coached side. Anyone else notice the number of spoils that 'accidently' made fist with head contact? H & Ollie particular victims. Then there were the knees in tight contests...
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #27
North were out of their depth experience, size and maturity wise and I thought we played well in patches and it was a ok win doing what we had to but nothing special.
Marchbank was a silly selection ahead of Young and Kemp but we are used to the MC stuffing up but it was no big deal vs average opposition. Nice return from Weitering who showed why he is the hardest player to replace in the team and didnt take long to sort Larkey out and a few others. Our old mate Zurhaar looked disinterested and I reckon will leave at Nth at seasons end.

Reply #28
We had a few lapses but the outcome never looked in any doubt imo. Cuts to the NM coaching box showed Clarko with a look of absolute resignation on his face.  NM are a long term project and its hard to judge how good we actually are against them but I was pleased enough with our efforts. Zurhaar looked pretty matey with Cripps after the game.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #29

It would be interesting to know just how many contests he gets to.  While he might not end up with the pill, he is certainly influencing the outcome. 

Cotters is a smart footballer.  He gets into good positions and makes the most of his opportunities; the one-two with Harry in the pocket was a prime example.

If he keeps playing the same way, his place in the 22 is assured.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball