Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game postulations: AFL 2021 Rd 9: Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 9316 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre game postulations: AFL 2021 Rd 9: Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #30
Hope we don't choke again. I'm thinking we choked last week. Been an issue over 2 years in the big games. Last year a big lead against Geelong, where we thankfully held on, Collingwood and GWS, where we badly blew 3 qtr time leads in games where wins would likely have nailed a finals spot. Then last Sunday blowing a 27pt lead near 3 qtr time. You make dumb errors, as we saw, and look like a deer in headlights when you choke.

Reply #31
So you use me defending Plowman as 'proof' that i'm wrong.
Top 5 results in the B+F says i'm more right than you.
But sure, have your opinion....don't get snippy if i provide stats that prove your opinion.......likely to be incorrect. ;)
....and your opinion is wrong.
AFL stats literally rated him as an elite tap ruckman in 2020. He is listed as an 'above average' tap ruckman this year. There is no personal opinion, preferance, spin or otherwise. Simple facts available on the AFL website.
You clearly don't understand stats, because we clearly hit to our mids more than they hit to theirs.....yet still lose clearances.
Despite losing clearances, Pittonet himself managed 7 clearances, doing better than any of our other mids.
"If i tap it to you and you can't get a clearance, i may as well do it myself!"
Cherry picked stats?? They are the ruck stats. There is no cherry picking!
Its like you saying Casboult is a good shot at goal and i provide you goal kicking stats that show otherwise, then you accuse me of cherry picking stats.

Just face it, you don't like Pittonet and don't rate what he is doing and expect more. So be it. But what is he doing is well above his pay grade and has outperformed his younger opponent 2 weeks running despite what you suggested.

I've got nothing against TDK coming up.
I will predict that his hitout to advantage stats won't rival Pittonets though. ;)

And there you go again. More endless dribble. Blah blah blah
Give it up mate no ones listening.

Reply #32
I am thinking we’ll be lucky to stay within 10 goals of this own - gona be a dark day for bluebaggers me thinks

Reply #33
And there you go again. More endless dribble. Blah blah blah
Give it up mate no ones listening.
I give you stats and you give me drivel.

You are not a climate change denier by any chance?

Reply #34
I'll miss it. I'm on Kangaroo Island.

My job this week is not to look up the live ladder when 27pts up so see how close we were to the 8 (about 2 goals. That would have made for a different conversation...lol). Dogs kicked 8 straight after that. So this week, no checking the live ladder...haha.

Reply #35
I'll miss it. I'm on Kangaroo Island.

My job this week is not to look up the live ladder when 27pts up so see how close we were to the 8 (about 2 goals. That would have made for a different conversation...lol). Dogs kicked 8 straight after that. So this week, no checking the live ladder...haha.

Ahh Good, I can blame you for last weeks loss, makes a change from blaming the umpires every week!

Reply #36
we need to hit our targets going forward NO BOMBING,change our game plan for once.Think how syd beat tigers . 

Reply #37
we need to hit our targets going forward NO BOMBING,change our game plan for once.Think how syd beat tigers . 
That would require some line coaches who have even half a clue. Its becoming common knowledge that the assistant coaching panel will not look the same next year.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #38
Why wait until next year?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #39
Luke Jackson out, broken finger.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #41
posted on the old post game thread v Dogs...god we miss Simmo

could have got him easy for another year cheap and durable.....saving goals on the line directing traffic and going in fearlessly for marks in the hole v big fwds
Newman meant to be the replacement big shoes to fill

Reply #42
Simpson was brave, but we were giving up runs of goals throughout 2019 and 2020, when he was still playing. I doubt he would make much difference to our current predicament.

Reply #43
he was the g
General directing traffic and filling in when needed... I disagree .....would have been barking hard at our loose kick chasing HB's inc the Doc,Willo and even Saad for not manning up

Look what Hodge did for Lions for 2 years...that role needs a 250 game plus wise head back there...we had one and retired him off too early

Reply #44
he was the g
General directing traffic and filling in when needed... I disagree .....would have been barking hard at our loose kick chasing HB's inc the Doc,Willo and even Saad for not manning up

Look what Hodge did for Lions for 2 years...that role needs a 250 game plus wise head back there...we had one and retired him off too early

I'm not quite sure I'd be equating Simpson with Hodge, on any level. This point is of minor consequence, and barely worth worrying about. You are more than welcome to your opinion.