Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Round 11: Northern Blues vs. Frankston (Read 20001 times) previous topic - next topic

VFL Round 11: Northern Blues vs. Frankston

Northern Blues vs. Frankston    

Sunday, Jun 28

Etihad Stadium at 12.00pm

Northern Blues

B: Fields Jamison McGuinness
HB: Dick Jaksch Smith
C: Tutt Bell Boekhorst
HF: Bransgrove Watson Ellard
F: Menzel Jones Johnson
R: Aurrichio Whiley Holman
Int: Viojo Strachan Johnston Wilkinson Foster Walsh Aujla* Murray Wilson Armitage Russell Cattapan Soncin

Walsh will definitely play, as will Wilkinson and Wilson.

Frankston
B: Capiron Wilsen Gray
HB: Bastinac Foote Pickess
C: Pollard Wood Cass
HF: Marks-Logan* Newman Cavarra
F: Gardiner Buchan Wilson
R: Post Pongracic Tynan
Int: Tuddenham Jennings B. Irving Fox Valles Crowder Mullane Douglas Giobbi

I must admit I've never heard of some of the Frankston guys.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: VFL Round 11: Northern Blues vs. Frankston

Reply #1

Saturday, Jun 27

Preston City Oval at 11.00am

Northern Blues
B: Johnston Roberts Watson
HB: Strachan Dirago Wilkinson
C: Russell Soncin Viojo
HF: Toman Walton Armitage
F: Murray Foster Wilson
R: Bolger Walsh Cattapan
Int: Stevens McDonagh Porter Perry Jenkins Gleeson Conlon Ballard Kilpatrick Langwell M. Gleeson Wild

Frankston
B: Valles Beech Rouse
HB: Bailey Jennings Giobbi
C: Crowder Ashcroft Tuddenham
HF: Fox Soroczynski Rosario
F: Gleeson B. Irving Douglas
R: Jam. Hammond Mullane Pridgeon
Int: Gogis Smout Halsall T. Kitchin McPherson Sutton Jacobson Goosey Murnane Homfray Harnett Bennett Collins
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #2
Getting more than a little pissed that Byrne still isn't right.

1-2 weeks for the last eight weeks. O:-)
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #3

Sunday, Jun 28

Etihad Stadium at 12.00pm

Northern Blues

B: Fields Jamison McGuinness
HB: Dick Jaksch Smith
C: Tutt Bell Boekhorst
HF: Bransgrove Watson Ellard
F: Menzel Jones Johnson
R: Aurrichio Whiley Holman
Int: Viojo Strachan Johnston Wilkinson Foster Walsh Aujla* Murray Wilson Armitage Russell Cattapan Soncin

Walsh will definitely play, as will Wilkinson and Wilson.

Frankston
B: Capiron Wilsen Gray
HB: Bastinac Foote Pickess
C: Pollard Wood Cass
HF: Marks-Logan* Newman Cavarra
F: Gardiner Buchan Wilson
R: Post Pongracic Tynan
Int: Tuddenham Jennings B. Irving Fox Valles Crowder Mullane Douglas Giobbi

I must admit I've never heard of some of the Frankston guys.

Has Bell been dropped? I didn't think he was too bad last week.

Reply #4
All players named on an extended bench are also included in the twos.  Dinger will be in the senior 22.

Reply #5
Where is Byrne?

Reply #6
Interested to hear how Cavarra goes for Franga, kid is an absolute jet and i still reckon he could make it onto an AFL list, BnF top and Bottom age for Ranges and wasnt he Captain of Vic Metro as well. Morrish medalist too i think. I think he won the Dolphins Bnf last year too as an 18 year old albeit Franga being a weaker VFL club i still think thats a fair effort :o
I know he's only 174cm but he has a decent left boot, a clearance king, can kick goals, and is tough as. BoG in the TAC cup GF too.
Pretty quick from what i can remember of him also.
Is height the only thing counting against him?

Reply #7
Interested to hear how Cavarra goes for Franga, kid is an absolute jet and i still reckon he could make it onto an AFL list, BnF top and Bottom age for Ranges and wasnt he Captain of Vic Metro as well. Morrish medalist too i think. I think he won the Dolphins Bnf last year too as an 18 year old albeit Franga being a weaker VFL club i still think thats a fair effort :o
I know he's only 174cm but he has a decent left boot, a clearance king, can kick goals, and is tough as. BoG in the TAC cup GF too.
To be honest, I've never understood why Cavarra was not on an AFL list. The only things I know of is that he is small. There may be some other reason: I don't know the lad. Maybe he has other interests that are incompatible with football? That is all that I can think of.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #8
2015 AFL Victoria Development League
Northern Blues   3.1  6.4  8.5  13.10 (88)
Frankston   3.2  3.6  5.9  5.10 (40)

GOALS:
Northern Blues: Murray 4 Walton 3 Dirago  Armitage  Bolger  Toman  Cattapan  Jenkins
Frankston: Bennett 2 Smout  Hammond  Rosario

BEST:
Northern Blues: Cattapan Gleeson Bolger Armitage Murray Walton
Frankston: Homfray Soroczynski Fox Bailey Harnett Bennett

A good start.

According to Twitter, we had 1 fit guy on the bench for the last quarter, but kicked 5 goals to nil.

STATS: Strachan 36, Murray 31, Cattapan 31, Armitage 27, Toman 22
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #9

Be his size IMO...seen him play and he is very good and I thought he was a chance last season to get drafted but players like Fyfe, Pendlebury, Bontempelli and now Cripps have just made life
tough for smaller mids to get noticed. Everyone wants the 190cm proto-type mid who can climb tall buildings...maybe if the likes of Caleb Daniel can impact it will open the door for smaller players
like Cavarra. Frankston maybe a smaller stand alone club but they know how to produce AFL players..I liked Nic Newman who went to the Swans on the rookie list and would have rookied him at Carlton..
Hibberd from Essendon is another Dolphin to make the grade....

Reply #10
Be his size IMO...seen him play and he is very good and I thought he was a chance last season to get drafted but players like Fyfe, Pendlebury, Bontempelli and now Cripps have just made life
tough for smaller mids to get noticed. Everyone wants the 190cm proto-type mid who can climb tall buildings...maybe if the likes of Caleb Daniel can impact it will open the door for smaller players
like Cavarra. Frankston maybe a smaller stand alone club but they know how to produce AFL players..I liked Nic Newman who went to the Swans on the rookie list and would have rookied him at Carlton..
Hibberd from Essendon is another Dolphin to make the grade....
I'd liken him to a Brandon Matera type HF/FP who could play predominantly forward of center. He and Honeychurch were in the same squad and aren't too dissimilar in size and attributes but Honeychurch has a few more tricks, would love to see Cavarra rookied at the very least.

Reply #11
Up 97-13 late in the 2nd. Jones has 3 and is playing well. Watson has one but should've had 5, according to NB's twitter, as he's given 3 goals off that he could've kicked himself.

103-13 now.
109-13!

Reply #12
NB 102 pts up at half time, 115-13.

Reply #13
Northern Blues FC ‏@NBluesFC  2m2 minutes ago
DISPOSALS: Boekhorst 16, Dick 15, Fields 15, Bransgrove 12, Tutt 11, Whiley 11. #PJVFL

Northern Blues FC ‏@NBluesFC  3m3 minutes ago
GOALS: Jones 4, Johnson 3, Russell 2, Foster 2, Fields 2, Wilson 2, Watson, Boekhorst, Bransgrove. #PJVFL

To go with his 2 goals, @JaydenFoster_ has 6 marks, 4 inside forward 50 and 2 contested. He's been due for a big game, 'Foz'! #PJVFL

Reply #14
Boekhorst and Smith combine for 26 disposals, 6 inside 50s and a goal that half.

Jones, Foster and Watson will be loving their work! #PJVFL