Skip to main content
Topic: Best 22 for 2014 (Read 124090 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Best 22 for 2014

Reply #240
@Pratty
Dead right IMO. Hendo is the only younger guy we've got atm who looks anthing like a good KPF prospect so we have to go with him. Finding another remains our big priority.

Casboult may, and I emphasise MAY, be one option. We'll see how he goes this year.

Waite is Waite - can't rely on him playing the full season out.

You're dead right again Pratty in saying that we'll be relying heavily on other non-KPF types.
Until Casboult does 100 shots at goal after every training session and learns how to kick, he wont be a fwd option in the ones for us and will end up delisted. He has the tools to be a good player, maybe even great. He needs to dedicate his life to becoming an elite kick and be supremely fit. Yes the Boyds and Hogans of the world are extremely talented but they didnt become elite juniors by accident either. You can tell by listening to them speak and the way they act that they are super dedicated and hell bent on being elite. Levi comes across (to me at least and I have met him in person) as being very lazy and one who enjoys his off field very much. I like the bloke, I would love him to become great but unless he has a major change in attitude, he will be just a VFL player at best. And if any can get the best out him, its MM.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #241
Our best 22 will be drawn from the best performed players who are fit and most able to defeat and/or negate the opposition.  That should change from week to week and our best 22 for round one may not be our best 22 in other rounds.

Depending on how we go for injuries, our best 22 will always include Murphy, Judd, Simpson, Gibbs, Henderson, Walker, Kreuzer, Jamison, Thomas and Waite.  Curnow, Garlett, Yarran, Carrazzo, Warnock, Tuohy and Armfield will be in our best 22 more often than not.  Five to ten positions are up for grabs.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #242
Interested to hear what people have seen, heard and or expect from Cripps so far? Is he a shot for the 22 round 1 or later in the season, would love another extractor in there!

Reply #243
Would be a bonus if Crippsy was one of those 'ready to go' first rounders!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #244
Interested to hear what people have seen, heard and or expect from Cripps so far? Is he a shot for the 22 round 1 or later in the season, would love another extractor in there!

Mick likes to play kids but I would expect Everitt and Thomas to be the only new faces in rnd1 unless we have some injuries.....
Carrazzo should be back to full fitness and I expect him to be back extracting the footy now that Curnow will probably have the No 1 tagger duties leaving Carrazzo to play a more attacking role....

Reply #246
I also feel Cripps may have to bide his time unless injuries hit (touch wood). EB brings up a great point regarding Carrazzo, with Curnow now probably our first choice tagger Carrots might be allowed to play that inside extractor role and will add another dynamic to our midfield this year. We have missed him!

When Cripps does get eased into the team eventually I feel he may have an immediate impact, and may be hard to dislodge from the team.

Reply #247
Would be a bonus if Crippsy was one of those 'ready to go' first rounders!

We should get a chance to see him in the pre-season games.
I remember reading a fluff piece around Xmas that MM or Andy Mc mentioned that he would be expecting to se him in debut mid year or earlier, (sorry, can't find the article but then my google searching skills are average at best  :-[)
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #248
I also feel Cripps may have to bide his time unless injuries hit (touch wood). EB brings up a great point regarding Carrazzo, with Curnow now probably our first choice tagger Carrots might be allowed to play that inside extractor role and will add another dynamic to our midfield this year. We have missed him!

When Cripps does get eased into the team eventually I feel he may have an immediate impact, and may be hard to dislodge from the team.

If he performs well in the NAB Cup expect him to play Rd. 1.

Mick rewards good performers and it's not as if the lad isn't a decent size.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #249
If he does end up playing sooner rather than later, all of a sudden we bat a bit deeper in the midfield with Thomas in there as well at various stages. With Judd, Murphy, Gibbs, Thomas, Carrazzo, Curnow, Robinson, McLean, Simpson (although I'd like to see him continue playing that Hodge role), Cripps, Yarran (short burst periods), and guys like Bell, Lucas, Graham, Cachia providing the depth, it doesn't look that bad.

But we still need Murphy to get back to AA level, and Gibbs to get up there also (here's hoping) to be a any sort of threat. I had a feeling Gibbs' pride was pricked a little last year with Murphy captain as he was often touted as Judd's replacement, he has to continue to be played in a more offensive role if we are serious.

Reply #250
I've been told I could be an AA individual, but its all up to me. In the case of Murphy, it is up to him if he wants to go to the next level.

Reply #251
I've been told I could be an AA individual, but its all up to me. In the case of Murphy, it is up to him if he wants to go to the next level (again).
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #252
@Pratty
Dead right IMO. Hendo is the only younger guy we've got atm who looks anthing like a good KPF prospect so we have to go with him. Finding another remains our big priority.

Casboult may, and I emphasise MAY, be one option. We'll see how he goes this year.

Waite is Waite - can't rely on him playing the full season out.

You're dead right again Pratty in saying that we'll be relying heavily on other non-KPF types.
Until Casboult does 100 shots at goal after every training session and learns how to kick, he wont be a fwd option in the ones for us and will end up delisted. He has the tools to be a good player, maybe even great. He needs to dedicate his life to becoming an elite kick and be supremely fit. Yes the Boyds and Hogans of the world are extremely talented but they didnt become elite juniors by accident either. You can tell by listening to them speak and the way they act that they are super dedicated and hell bent on being elite. Levi comes across (to me at least and I have met him in person) as being very lazy and one who enjoys his off field very much. I like the bloke, I would love him to become great but unless he has a major change in attitude, he will be just a VFL player at best. And if any can get the best out him, its MM.

This drives me nuts!  Levi has clearly changed his shape since he came the club, on the rookie list. For a guy of his size that is a hard thing to do, the clearly ran harder and further up the ground last year and I suspect he will progress again this year, you don't end up being able to run all day at 105kgs without years of development.

How the hell would you know what his attitude is like????
What happened to my old profile?????

Reply #253
At 199cm, 103kg - give the lad time. From the reports I have had (from good sources) he is faR, FAR FROM LAZY.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #254
199?

Wow, thats a bit of a growth spurt.  He started off about 196 from memory, possibly 197.  In any case, that puts him in the frame of short ruckman, so that can only be a good thing.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson