Skip to main content
Topic: Pre Game premonitions: AFL Rd 2: Carlton V Melbourne (Sat 13/6 4.35) (Read 7649 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre Game premonitions: AFL Rd 2: Carlton V Melbourne (Sat 13/6 4.35)

Reply #45
Happy for a rusty player to have his first run against us.
If we don't go to town on him and make life really difficult for him, I'll be disgusted.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #46
We have a long history of running blokes into form.   Bennell will have a picnic.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #47
We have a long history of running blokes into form.   Bennell will have a picnic.
That's my fear, its another one of those hoodoos we need to arrest in order to take genuine steps forward and be taken seriously.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #48
Surely we beat Melbourne

I expect 4 goal win stars minimum and it will probably be closer to 10 goals, don’t rate the dees at all.

Reply #49
Agree...he will be pumped and so will his team-mates to help him out, though he might get injured again too..

Reply #50
If we don't go to town on him and make life really difficult for him, I'll be disgusted.
Not sure we will go too hard given the state of world affairs....

Reply #51
There's always a chance bennels calf goes twang and he does a kreuzer.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #52
Not sure we will go too hard given the state of world affairs....
Pigs ass, absolutely no racist taunts for sure  but you can still be hard at the man whether he is red, white, blue, black, pink etc. Once you cross the line to play the tough game of football, its on like donkey kong and world affairs matter little.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #53
Happy for a rusty player to have his first run against us.
As long as we take him seriously. We let too many ordinary players play well against us.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #54
As long as we take him seriously. We let too many ordinary players play well against us.

I would give Liam Stocker the job on him.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #55
Fork the Demons, you can scupper their whole season, just re-open the ski fields!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #56
Pigs ass, absolutely no racist taunts for sure  but you can still be hard at the man whether he is red, white, blue, black, pink etc. Once you cross the line to play the tough game of football, its on like donkey kong and world affairs matter little.
Might be his first game for a while but he is a journeyman who has been in the system for a while and knows his way around
a footy oval, think we would be better advised to make sure he doesnt get too much of the ball than trying to rough him up.
We are not a great team for manning up the opposition especially the small forwards and i reckon we need to focus on the basics vs Melbourne who are not that great IMO but have a few no name types who can do a bit of damage if you dont give them a bit of respect. I dont like Goodwin or Melbourne and really want to win this game and want to de-hype Bennell's return to footy.
Eddie's first game back for us seems to have been lost in all this Bennell frenzy and I'm hoping Eddie slips under the radar and and takes the gloss of anything Bennell does.

Reply #57
Yep,  agree with all that.   The need to "de hype ", couldn't have said it better.   Just beat them,  simple.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #58
Jack Martin has been lost in the AFL wilderness for a year or more and hardly gets any immediate coverage, he'll be the one flying under-the-radar!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #59
Melbourne's strength is their mid-field, how they move the ball when they are firing and their back line looks pretty strong as well. I think our mid-field is ok with Cripps, Murphy, Curnow, Walsh, Setterfield and Gibbons, with others to run through their. Pittonet will have a big job to compete against Gawn and to limit his influence. Our forward line looks good on paper with Casboult, McKay, McGovern, Betts, Martin and Silvagni and if they can pressure the Melbourne defence by kicking goals and tackling, this will restrict their ball movement. Melbourne's forward line looks a bit thin and very reliant on McDonald and our defence should be able to cover them. We can't afford to give them a four, five, six goal start and then try to run them down. I am reasonably confident particularly as the Demons don't like Marvel stadium as a rule and while we should be making some sort of surge up the ladder, our recent history counts against that scenario.