Skip to main content
Topic: List Changes 2018 (Read 81070 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: List Changes 2018

Reply #121
Graham and Kerridge no surprise, Rowe is a bit of a surprise.

Lamb here nor there, he's a foot soldier and we have too many already.

But the retention of Le Bois as a rookie is downright perplexing!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #122
Thought he did a solid job considering the back line was under siege all year. Guess we have a lot of youth though that won't get better if they don't play.

Yes, I agree. Maybe he could have played mostly in the 2's ?

Reply #123
Graham and Kerridge no surprise, Rowe is a bit of a surprise.

Lamb here nor there, he's a foot soldier and we have too many already.

But the retention of Le Bois as a rookie is downright perplexing!
IIRC, LeBois and Pickett were superfit aftert the preseason and were impressing the MC. They then got injured and derailed their years. I can only summise they think LeBois has something to offer but its his last opportunity.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #124
Only Lamb may survive as he's been invited to train. LeBois gets another year.

Shame we didn't get Findlayson to replace Rowe. All on Weitering, Marchbank, Jones and Macreadie now.

Reply #125
Id rather have kept Rowe and moved Jones on.  Some of these blokes good chance to be rookied as insurance.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #126
Id rather have kept Rowe and moved Jones on.  Some of these blokes good chance to be rookied as insurance.

I suspect the changes in the ruck rule is the reason behind some of this, I'm sure tactically it must change the emphasis for talls right across the field. Good rucks who can get control of the football and get a hand pass away will mean far less congestion and a lot more clean snaps(In the words of Gawn!) That will mean you need quick talls who can get structured up in time to mee the fall of the ball. It's probably worked against Rowe and favoured Jones.

I'm presuming in all this that the club has determined that it will back in Weitering as the long term KPD option.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #127
Surprised with Rowe, though he would be there still. Only really big player we have. , others, well just not there , others have passed them by.

Reply #129
Not surprised by any of the delistings, good honest citizens and triers by not good enough for AFL.
I am surprised they are inviting Lamb to keep training with a chance to be rookied (I assume).
The delistings are another step in the right direction IMO, I think that leaves about 9 players on the list inherited by BB/SOS. Gotta keep turning it over in search of the right combination. I hope they give the number 11 to some worthy enough to make it great again.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #130
Bit surprised with Rowe but the others pretty much as expected. I thought Sam R may have got another year.

Likewise. Thought Rowe would be kept as insurance and perhaps play most games for the NBs and help with the kids. Sorry to see him go.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #131
Likewise. Thought Rowe would be kept as insurance and perhaps play most games for the NBs and help with the kids. Sorry to see him go.
I just thought this year he lost a yard of pace and got found out by the quicker bigger fwds. Father Time got him I reckon.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #132
I see Weiters as a very good long term general in defence.  He's just a baby still.  He has the tools, just needs more strength, mongrel, and time.

Marchbank is a fantastic intercept marker, he just had a wretched year, and I firmly believe he is a better player than he showed last year.

Jones is a maniac.  Dunno if i love or hate him.

If any of them don't work out, we can always trade for another one next year, or the year after.

Or maybe SOS has a pick swap with GC lined up.  I read an afl article saying we might swap p1 & next years first, for p2&3 from GC this year.  Pickup a small at 2 (Smith) and a tall (a King?).  Personally, I'd do that deal, but take Smith & Rankine.  We also need a quality small fwd, and he looks alright from what I have seen.  Either we convince him to stay a blue after 2 years, or we get 2 first rounders from the Crows or Port.

Reply #133
Rowe is the one I would have held on to. Been a solid defender in almost every one of his 99 games, in a backline under constant pressure.

Then I started thinking, how many key defenders of his size are there left in the league? (Can anyone name a 200cm defender?)
I'm thinking the trend is for more mobility down back.

Reply #134
I just thought this year he lost a yard of pace and got found out by the quicker bigger fwds. Father Time got him I reckon.

Reckon you're right, and his disposal accuracy dropped a few % as well.

Okay, another 13 blokes leave the club (though Lamb might be back). How many is that over the past 4 years?
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17