Skip to main content
Topic: RD 4 : BLUES Defeated By Demons (Pathetic & Pitiful Post-Match) (Read 73075 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 4 : BLUES Defeated By Demons (Pathetic & Pitiful Post-Match)

Reply #225
^^

Im dissapointed with a lot of things Carrots, but I dont feel the need to rubbish an obviously good get, at a relatively bargain price (given some of the ridiculous figures free agency is throwing up at the moment i.e. Tom Scully) on the back of 4 games when the ENTIRE 22 have played really poorly.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #226
Anyone questioning Thomas value has seriously not spent time watching him attempt to play footy for us.

His work rate is unquestionable, and he earns his money every time he goes out there.

Mate are you disappointed with anything? He has had ZERO impact. Absolute ZERO. He has had a few moments in games where you take note of his undoubted talent (ie winning one on ones)  but earning every bit of his 700K? He is not even worth 400k the way he has played so far. Yes I understand he needs time but seriously could you please get your hand off it? This is up there with Hendo being BOG vs the scum.
To be fair I rememebr the same comments in Judds first few/several games and no I'm not comparing him to Judd.  He needs a little time, just hope it's not as much as time we gave Brock  :o
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #227
^^

Im dissapointed with a lot of things Carrots, but I dont feel the need to rubbish an obviously good get, at a relatively bargain price (given some of the ridiculous figures free agency is throwing up at the moment i.e. Tom Scully) on the back of 4 games when the ENTIRE 22 have played really poorly.

Who is rubbishing him? You just said he's earned every bit of his money so far! So when he actually starts playing well should we offer him 1.4 mill then? Comparing him to Scully who is the all time worst pick up for that kind of money ever is just silly.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #228
Carrots, I think you need to calm down a bit and concentrate on what is being said, rather than the meaning you are actually taking from it.

Anyone questioning Thomas value has seriously not spent time watching him attempt to play footy for us.

His work rate is unquestionable, and he earns his money every time he goes out there.

Mate are you disappointed with anything? He has had ZERO impact. Absolute ZERO. He has had a few moments in games where you take note of his undoubted talent (ie winning one on ones)  but earning every bit of his 700K? He is not even worth 400k the way he has played so far. Yes I understand he needs time but seriously could you please get your hand off it? This is up there with Hendo being BOG vs the scum.

I stand by my comments regarding Henderson.  In an 81 point loss, a guy that worked his behind off with very little supply is a candidate for BOG in a really poor side.  Why you might ask?  Simply because there were not many others that were serious candidates.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #229
I stand by my comments regarding Henderson.  In an 81 point loss, a guy that worked his behind off with very little supply is a candidate for BOG in a really poor side.  Why you might ask?  Simply because there were not many others that were serious candidates.

Henderson is a slow moving middle weight forward, he is going to be crucified under a stop/star game plan. He will have his moments, but it is going to take such a battering of his body to get them his career might be over by 30!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #230
Carrots, I think you need to calm down a bit and concentrate on what is being said, rather than the meaning you are actually taking from it.

Just to pour a little RON 98 on this one... personally, I reckon Hendo is Skipper material.

Though I do see him, at this stage, as a key defender who can pinch hit up forward.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #231
We all bagged Gibbs out for asking the question maybe he is the only one with a set of gonads,as the questions we are asking is exactly what he wants to know, if I was him I'd also like to know where the club was heading before I committed to the joke of a club at the moment.Maybe he also thinks thee is no leadership there and no future and no game plan just like us.
Like it or not at least it's my opinion.

Reply #232
We all bagged Gibbs out for asking the question maybe he is the only one with a set of gonads,as the questions we are asking is exactly what he wants to know, if I was him I'd also like to know where the club was heading before I committed to the joke of a club at the moment.Maybe he also thinks thee is no leadership there and no future and no game plan just like us.
Like it or not at least it's my opinion.

ummm...he's part of the leadership group