Skip to main content
Topic: Do We Honestly Need A Change Of Captain Right Now ?? (Read 17738 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Do We Honestly Need A Change Of Captain Right Now ??

Reply #15
I think that Murphy is so down at the moment that he wouldn't give a hoot about being stripped of the captaincy.  It will probably be a relief.  Its simple.  Call 774 Grandstand, say "I am stepping down to concentrate on getting my football back on track"... don't need to say anything else.  24 hours later everybody will have forgotten about it. 
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #16
Ridiculous. The whole group is introverted and mentally suspect. What difference is making someone else Captain going to make? The great man leadership style that you so crave featured in WWII and Napoleonic times. it is not so effective these days. Maybe it's not so much about leadership as followership? A concept where leadership is shared.

Reply #17
Ridiculous. The whole group is introverted and mentally suspect. What difference is making someone else Captain going to make? The great man leadership style that you so crave featured in WWII and Napoleonic times. it is not so effective these days. Maybe it's not so much about leadership as followership? A concept where leadership is shared.

is that you ...mick?

Reply #18
Isn't he on 700k or thereabouts?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #19
i heard much more than that

Reply #21
Ok so Thomas and MM will take a cut too?!

Reply #22

Agree. Like your work, Jofonski.

There just aint a quick fix to our leadership woes. And wheeling out scapegoat Murphy to be burned at the stake won't achieve f*ck all.

We have serious leadership woes... all over the paddock.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #23
Brave Sir Robin ran away.
 ("No!")
 Bravely ran away away.
 ("I didn't!")
 When danger reared it's ugly head,
 He bravely turned his tail and fled.
 ("no!")
 Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about
 ("I didn't!")
 And gallantly he chickened out.

****Bravely**** taking ("I never did!") to his feet,
 He beat a very brave retreat.
 ("all lies!")
 Bravest of the braaaave, Sir Robin!
 ("I never!")
"...that's the thing about opinion - you don't have to know anything to have one..."  Andre Agassi commenting on Pat Cash 2004
"...the less you know - the more you believe..." - Bono 2006

Reply #24

Agree. Like your work, Jofonski.

There just aint a quick fix to our leadership woes. And wheeling out scapegoat Murphy to be burned at the stake won't achieve f*ck all.

We have serious leadership woes... all over the paddock.

We've got a President who didn't want the job in the first place who's been in it for six or seven years, says it all really.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #25
Carlton President Stephen Kernahan has launched an impassioned defence of Marc Murphy, saying the Blues captain is unfairly compared to the AFL's outstanding leaders.

The Blues great said Murphy, in his second season as skipper, lacked the same support around him that Geelong provides Joel Selwood, or that Hawthorn and Essendon offer Luke Hodge and Jobe Watson.

"You look out in the League and I think he gets compared to Jobe Watson, Luke Hodge (and) Selwood," Kernahan told SEN's Crunch Time.

"I look at Selwood when I go to the football – I'm not talking about 'Murph' here – but when they're under the pump, him, (Jimmy) Bartel and (Steve) Johnson for five minutes, their attack on the footy (is ferocious).

"That's where I think our leaders and our team need to get better."

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2014-04-12/kernahan-throws-support-behind-skipper
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #26
Brave Sir Robin ran away.
 ("No!")
 Bravely ran away away.
 ("I didn't!")
 When danger reared it's ugly head,
 He bravely turned his tail and fled.
 ("no!")
 Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about
 ("I didn't!")
 And gallantly he chickened out.

****Bravely**** taking ("I never did!") to his feet,
 He beat a very brave retreat.
 ("all lies!")
 Bravest of the braaaave, Sir Robin!
 ("I never!")

This is the kind of thing I picture Sheik saying to himself in the mirror after a big night out supporting his beloved Giants.

Reply #27
Murphy has 17 other blokes on the field with him.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #28
Carlton President Stephen Kernahan has launched an impassioned defence of Marc Murphy, saying the Blues captain is unfairly compared to the AFL's outstanding leaders.

The Blues great said Murphy, in his second season as skipper, lacked the same support around him that Geelong provides Joel Selwood, or that Hawthorn and Essendon offer Luke Hodge and Jobe Watson.

"You look out in the League and I think he gets compared to Jobe Watson, Luke Hodge (and) Selwood," Kernahan told SEN's Crunch Time.

"I look at Selwood when I go to the football – I'm not talking about 'Murph' here – but when they're under the pump, him, (Jimmy) Bartel and (Steve) Johnson for five minutes, their attack on the footy (is ferocious).

"That's where I think our leaders and our team need to get better."

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2014-04-12/kernahan-throws-support-behind-skipper

For the President to have to issue this statement... wow.

Three ways to see it.
1. Good that the club is getting behind Murph... sticking fat... but,
2. Crisis? What crisis?
3. A real leader would hate excuses / justifications being made for him. Hate it.

Sticks is right in that we do need to get better in the area of leadership, and cites the Pussy Cat leaders as an example, but... but... we do not have Selwoods, or Bartels, or Stevie Js to come to the aid of our Skipper, Sticks.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #29
He can't be expected to do it all himself but he has to at least lead the way in effort and others will follow. That's what being a great captain is all about. Then he will get support. If he can't do that we have to find someone else who is willing to do it.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!