Skip to main content
Topic: Do We Honestly Need A Change Of Captain Right Now ?? (Read 17737 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Do We Honestly Need A Change Of Captain Right Now ??

Reply #45
McKay, himself a premiership player, best and fairest winner and former club captain, conceded that Carlton's on-field leaders needed to improve.

"Certainly [there were] a lot of vocal boys before the game, Andrew Carrazzo was the most vocal, and Kade Simpson ... they were getting the boys up and about, [but] we probably are lacking a little bit in on-field leadership."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/andrew-mckay-says-mick-malthouse-still-the-man-to-take-carlton-forward-20140413-zqu6t.html#ixzz2ykeN4WuG

Those are damming comments for Marc Murphy IMO....I think the club need to encourage him to resign the position and just say it was affecting his game which it is and I think supporters/members would understand and think highly of him for putting the team first.
Not every great player can lead and its no reflection on his abilities as a man or player but it has to be done....Simpson needs to take over with Carrazzo as his deputy.

Can the club make a hard call and say we made a mistake giving Murphy the job......I think not....

Reply #46
Let's start with the change we desperately need, replace our reluctant President with someone who is capable of rejuvenating the club. This us a critical juncture in our clubs history and I pray we get someone capable of making the right  calls. Get this right and the rest will follow.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #47
McKay, himself a premiership player, best and fairest winner and former club captain, conceded that Carlton's on-field leaders needed to improve.

"Certainly [there were] a lot of vocal boys before the game, Andrew Carrazzo was the most vocal, and Kade Simpson ... they were getting the boys up and about, [but] we probably are lacking a little bit in on-field leadership."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/andrew-mckay-says-mick-malthouse-still-the-man-to-take-carlton-forward-20140413-zqu6t.html#ixzz2ykeN4WuG

Those are damming comment for Marc Murphy IMO....I think the club need to encourage him to resign the position and just say it was affecting his game which it is and I think supporters/members would understand and think highly of him for putting the team first.
Not every great player can lead and its no reflection on his abilities as a man or player but it has to be done....Simpson needs to take over with Carrazzo as his deputy.

Can the club make a hard call and say we made a mistake giving Murphy the job......I think not....

I am torn over that.

Mainly because I feel for Murph though I think it could be the right choice.

Reply #48
We have Carrazzo and Simposn revving the team up...Carrazzo giving 3/4 time pep talks.....Murphy IMO is captain in name only and its actually become embarrasing
seeing other players doing his job...
Bit its just another mistake the club have made in an endless list..

Reply #49
What happened to Murphy's leg speed?

He seems to be running in treacle these days.

Used to be fast.

Same thing that happened to all our players who were previously fast.

Reply #50
yarran has lost a yard or 2

Reply #52
We have Carrazzo and Simposn revving the team up...Carrazzo giving 3/4 time pep talks.....Murphy IMO is captain in name only and its actually become embarrasing
seeing other players doing his job...
Bit its just another mistake the club have made in an endless list..

I honestly think he's going to loose sleep when maccaffer goes to him in a few weeks

Reply #53
In modern day AFL leadership, on field and off, has nothing to do with the individual.

Just like the positions people play and the roles they must fill, there must be multiple options ready to step up and respond to any challenge as a group in unity.

The list has spent so long in CJs shadow that they appear to be sitting back and expect Murphy to do it all for them just like CJ had for the best part of half a decade. It just won't happen, and it is about time they realised that is certainly the case!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #54
Murphy is copping a pasting in the papers and Andrew Walker's comments have really thrown fuel on the fire IMO.....saying we are very quiet is a slap at Murphy IMO and suggesting Daisy was recruited to help Murphy because he has character and spunk only made me think a few senior players are not on the same page at the club...

Reply #55
Well considering the way he plays and how he got the captaincy (along with 800k + per year) there would be a few senior players that would be left shaking their heads would there not? Or did they vote Murphy in? If they did they've got no reason to complain at all. Easy to say we could have given it to Simmo he pretty much ruled himself out with that monstrosity he was growing at the time. We should have given it to Carrazzo, that way when he went down Simmo could have taken over. We really need someone to lead the way on field and ATM that man is clearly Simmo.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!