Skip to main content
Topic: Voting for the Jim Park Medal: Rd 4: Carlton lose to Melbourne (Read 3803 times) previous topic - next topic

Voting for the Jim Park Medal: Rd 4: Carlton lose to Melbourne

There were 37000 people at this game today. About 65 % would have preferred to be at Visy Park where the Northern Blues won for the 2nd week in a row.

However, those of us at the MCG now have the opportunity to reward the very few players who did anything of significance at the MCG.

You all know the drill. 15 votes in total. At least 3 vote getters (a difficult choice today). No more than 10 votes per player and a rating. 'F' comes to mind....
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Voting for the Jim Park Medal: Rd 4: Carlton lose to Melbourne

Reply #1
I guess I should start, although I really don't want to. I normally prefer to let my emotions settle a little before putting too much out. Things put on the internet are immortal and things you regret have a tendency to come back to haunt you.

Team:   F
This week we managed to get the ball, but that was about it. We had 1 mark inside 50 after the 10 minute mark of the first quarter. They took 11.

Votes:
[4.5]   Curnow
[2.5]   Yarran
[2.5]   Simpson
[1]   Gibbs
[1]   Rowe
[1]   Lucas
[0.5]   Walker
[0.5]   Buckley
[0.5]   Warnock
[0.5]   Casboult
[0.5]   Scotland

Explanations:
[4.5]   Curnow      Good clearances and a decent game. By far our best player on a foul day.
[2.5]   Yarran      One of very few to take on his opponent and really make things happen in both the forward line and in defence.
[2.5]   Simpson   Gave his all, but even he had the yips and kicked sideways and backwards.
[1]   Gibbs      Looking at the stats would suggest that Gibbs had a great game. However, they are seriously misleading. He tried hard enough, but he missed at least 3 goals. He did manage some good clearance work, but overall he wasn't at the top of his game.
[1]   Rowe      He actually gave Dawes a hiding. However, he managed to find disaster far too easily. He needs to work on his ball handling and decision making.
[1]   Lucas      Not too bad, but his tendency to stop and go sideways didn't help us at all.
[0.5]   Walker      Fair dinkum, Walker can make a mistake. However, he was pretty decent early. Got a few possessions but was beaten after half time.
[0.5]   Buckley      Very good early, but dropped out of the game totally after half time.
[0.5]   Warnock   Decent job in the ruck and managed some nice clearances. However, he didn't manage to dominate the way I hoped he would.
[0.5]   Casboult   Levi took 8 marks, according to the stats. I think that rips him off somewhat, as he took 5 in the first quarter. However, when the ball slowed down he really dropped off.
[0.5]   Scotland:   Scotland's first half was pretty good - lots of possessions and decent run. However, he really ran out of gas and disappeared totally in the 2nd half.

Honourable Mentions:
Cripps:   Not his best game, but he showed more than some of his team mates. Bit slow. Needs to work on that.
Carrazzo:   Not his best game, but he kept at it.
Graham:   Like Cripps, he was OK, but he just didn't have his normal run. Needs time at this level to get the speed of the game, as he certainly has it at VFL level.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #2
we're going to struggle to get over 30k for games hereon in

Reply #3
Team . E

6 . Simpson
5 . Yarran
3 . Ellard
1 . Buckley
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #4
Team F

Simpson 5
Yarran 4
Henderson 3
Buckley 3
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #5
Once again I wont be voting....pathetic effort and no players deserved votes in what was a heartless debacle that shamed the club and let the fans down.

Reply #6
Team = F

[3]   Curnow
[3]   Simpson
[2]   Gibbs
[2]   Rowe
[2]   Walker
[2]   Yarran
[1]   Warnock

Reply #7
Team F

7 Curnow
5 Simpson
3 Yarran

Reply #8
6 . Simpson
5 . Yarran
3 . Buckley
1 . Ellard

Team F
Long time lurker few time poster !!

Reply #9
Once again I wont be voting....pathetic effort and no players deserved votes in what was a heartless debacle that shamed the club and let the fans down.

x2
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #10
Team: F

5 - Curnow
4 - Simpson
3 - Gibbs
2 - Yarran
1 - Rowe
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #11
Team: F

5 - Curnow
5 - Simpson
4 - Yarran
1 - Casboult