Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 5 : BLUES Defeated Dogs (Finally Final Siren Elation) (Read 60357 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 5 : BLUES Defeated Dogs (Finally Final Siren Elation)

Reply #75
And Patrick Cripps, anyone?
Was prominent in the VFL side and earned his promotion...
Another game in the firsts next week?

I m really not sure he's ready, made some blunders today.
50/50
depends on the 2's and if there's a star performer that's pushing
W
Well that's N Graham I guess

Yep cripps was ordinary at best today. Needs a spell. McLean, Graham and garlett in for Judd, curnow, cripps

Reply #76
Ok, I'll say it.  We were… "Brave".

Thought I don't think the media will use that word as it seems to be reserved for the cheating red & black scum… 

Adversity piled up on the doorstep yet we played attacking football. And even when the puppies mounted a strong challenge and we were 2 men down, we held on for the win. 
In truth, I didn't think they had it in them.  Actually, I didn't think MM had it in him to let them play like that for an entire game.
Reality is an illusion, caused by a lack of alcohol...

Reply #77
Injuries to Judd and Curnow may get Cripps another run but I expect Maclean will be back and Carrots will assume the tagging role.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #78
White and Cripps certainly look like two candidates to go out, as well as the injured Judd and Curnow.

Was Cachia playing in the NBs? Thought he may be the one to come in for Curnow?

Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #79
Surely Armfield will get a callup soon.

Reply #80
Disappointed to hear Buckley didn't play. Straight back in please!

Reply #81
What is the go with  Curnow?

Reply #82
I was wrong, thought we'd get beaten by this mob who often trouble us. Showed some ticker for a change. Long way to go but many positive signs. Most importantly, they cracked in and didn't take a backward step. Cant ask for more than that.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #83
Lucas is getting Sharper and tougher

Still he is as hard as a mild steel tack.
No doubt he will make the grade. Mick will harden and temper the lad to suit the modern game.
Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #84
Was terrific to see both games today. Interesting breed out at Dishlicker land. First time out there in decades (Footesscraaay).

As I mentioned in the NBs summary... I think Jeffy, Den Den, Brock and Graham (? put your body in there, kid) are ready for a recall. And with young Buckley and our Robbo also in the wings for next week, things might balance out considering the loss of Juddy and possibly Curnow and Bell. Cachia's form in the NBs would give him a show of coming in for Curnow if he's out.

Must be the most influential game from Warnock at CFC land. How come Capuano has been his coach for years and yet it is only now he's getting it. Someone else helping out?

I hope Jammo is back next week. Although White and Rowe were committed and really hard at it today, against much better tall forwards they'll be creamed.

Totally agree that young Cripps should go back to the NBs and learn some more stuff. Got found out too often today.

The defensive work of Walker, Simmo and Tuohy was first rate... needed to be.

Levi is nearly there. But will he get there!

Hendo and Waite in tandem will be headaches for most defenses.

Don't get the love here for Lucas. At the ground you could really get that he makes poor decisions under pressure... tries hard, gives his all, but his disposals in heat are errant.

Murph put in a Skipper's effort. Effective.

Gibbs? Was important. Still reckon the contract shizen is messing with his head.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #85
Good to hear Lucas went in hard. 9 tackles from him!

Reply #86
Leave Cripps in, I say. Let him learn at high speed rather than pilcking up bad habits in the 2s.

Reply #87
There was some real effort out there.

We should be 3-2 and could have looked forward to being 6-2 or 5 -3 at worst but alas we blew the year.

Win next week and you'll eat your words.....

No, it's still valid.

We should win next week and would have been 4-2 not 2-4.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #88
Leave Cripps in, I say. Let him learn at high speed rather than pilcking up bad habits in the 2s.

I really understand your point, but I don't think he'll pick up bad habits from this NBs unit - in fact, from what I have seen first hand in the past 3 weeks, he'll learn good stuff. It'll be a balancing act between giving him confidence at NBs level along with learning what he must learn, and really getting the pace of senior footy. But too much senior footy may knock him too much, plus I really don't think he has the endurance to perform consistently at senior level, which can only hurt his long term confidence / prospect.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #89
Good to hear Lucas went in hard. 9 tackles from him!

Stood up in the end when we needed all hands on deck. Probably his most selfless performance in the jumper.
IN WADA WE TRUST