41 - Casboult
[ 0 ] (0%)
42 - Tuohy
[ 0 ] (0%)
43 - White
[ 2 ] (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Voting closed: May 02, 2014, 07:14:53 pm

Topic: R6- BEST on ground vs Eagles (Read 11233 times) previous topic - next topic

R6- BEST on ground vs Eagles

What a thrilling game. Who do you think gave us that extra 1% to get us over the line?

Re: R6- BEST on ground vs Eagles

Reply #1
I liked Murphy, Buckley & Rowe
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #2
Murphy, Gibbs, McLean.

Win the ball at stoppages and you go a long way to winning games, we won the stoppages today due to those three despite Warnock not dominating taps.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3
For once Warnock didn't win the hitouts. Yet it was by far his most effective game for us IMO. Clearly pinpointed our mids when it mattered, kicked a goal, and made some very good tackles and pressure acts against the dynamic duo of Nic Nat and Big Cox.

Murphy laid 11 tackles and had 9 clearances to go with his 32 touches and a goal.

Finally, playing in the land of the giants with opponents varying from Cox, Nic Nat, Kennedy, Darling and Lycett i think Rowe was outstanding. With limited athletic ability compared to all 5 of his west coast opponents he did remarkably well. He had equal worst amount of disposals for the Navy Blues, but with a mammoth 18 1%ers, it shows he clearly influenced the play.

Reply #4
For once Warnock didn't win the hitouts. Yet it was by far his most effective game for us IMO. Clearly pinpointed our mids when it mattered, kicked a goal, and made some very good tackles and pressure acts against the dynamic duo of Nic Nat and Big Cox.

I don't think Warnock was as good as last week but he got us rolling and set the tone early.

When he failed to mark against small/medium players, I think it was Bennell, he lets himself down. 206cm players just have to do better against small/medium players. Sometimes yo get judged by what you do wrong, not all the things you do right!  ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #5

I don't think Warnock was as good as last week but he got us rolling and set the tone early.

When he failed to mark against small/medium players, I think it was Bennell, he lets himself down. 206cm players just have to do better against small/medium players. Sometimes yo get judged by what you do wrong, not all the things you do right!  ;)

Credit where credit is due though. I've given Warnock worst on ground probably 3 times this year. Sure it's far from perfect, but if you had've told me that Warnock would've been more effective than Cox and Nic Nat i would've called for the blokes in the white coats to come get you.

Reply #6
Credit where credit is due though. I've given Warnock worst on ground probably 3 times this year. Sure it's far from perfect, but if you had've told me that Warnock would've been more effective than Cox and Nic Nat i would've called for the blokes in the white coats to come get you.

I agree he is not in my worst either, I am not bagging him.

If he had clunked a couple against those smaller opponents he could have been in my best, two weeks in a row who would have thunk it?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #7
Murphy, Buckley, Simpson

Reply #8
Murphy, Warnock and McLean. Buckley and Menzel are the future of our club. Much to enjoy watching them in years to come. ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #9
Mclean, Murphy, Jeffy

seriously cant leave out Mclean he was huge tonight... When he went on to priddis the only time Priddis got a kick was when mclean went off.

Reply #10
Mclean, Murphy, Jeffy

seriously cant leave out Mclean he was huge tonight... When he went on to priddis the only time Priddis got a kick was when mclean went off.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Reply #11
Another hard one, Murphy, Buckley and Rowe today.  Thought Rowe was huge for a guy that has never really played in defence before.  He spoiled really well all day and had lots of help.

Everyone was pretty huge when it counted today, Gibbs, Yarran, McLean, Waite, White, Walker, Garlett.

Honourable mention for Mitch Robinson appears to be learning about lowering his vision and hitting targets.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #12
Honourable mention for Mitch Robinson appears to be learning about lowering his vision and hitting targets.

Had a great overall game but a horrific last 3 minutes when we were in front and he was playing like we were behind.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #13
All the blokes who have came in from the 2's or a stint on the sidelines have been good in the last 2 weeks.  Certainly didn't hurt MacLean or Robinson.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #14

Had a great overall game but a horrific last 3 minutes when we were in front and he was playing like we were behind.

Like most players he had a few moments when you just wanted to close your eyes, but was very handy overall.