42 - Tuohy
[ 10 ] (9.7%)
43 - White
[ 1 ] (1%)
46 - Ellard
[ 15 ] (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Voting closed: May 31, 2014, 07:17:04 pm

Topic: R10 - WORST on ground vs Crows (Read 16724 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R10 - WORST on ground vs Crows

Reply #30
Walker has never been great as a spoiling defender, he's there to run, carry and kick which, I think he did pretty well.

Chose some good options and his kicking was better than some recent games.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #31
Yes, this is true, but there was one Eddie Betts goal that summed up just how much work we need to do defensively with our team defense.

Okay, Walker dont spoil yourself, but when Yarran is sitting under a rain maker, and the only opposition player in sight is Eddie Betts, you have to do more to keep him away from Yarran or at worst, sit on Betts and ensure that IF Yarran doesnt take the grab for whatever reason, you are at worst goal side of Betts to stop him from slotting an easy goal.

That was a moment that almost blew us the game.  Something for Walks to think about for sure.  He can improve it, he just needs to think his way through his actions better.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #32
Yes, this is true, but there was one Eddie Betts goal that summed up just how much work we need to do defensively with our team defense.

Okay, Walker dont spoil yourself, but when Yarran is sitting under a rain maker, and the only opposition player in sight is Eddie Betts, you have to do more to keep him away from Yarran or at worst, sit on Betts and ensure that IF Yarran doesnt take the grab for whatever reason, you are at worst goal side of Betts to stop him from slotting an easy goal.

That was a moment that almost blew us the game.  Something for Walks to think about for sure.  He can improve it, he just needs to think his way through his actions better.

No Thryleon, Walker can't improve his defensive skills. He's been making the same mistakes for years. He STILL pulls his opposition players jumpers and thinks that the umpires aren't looking out for that. he still locks his arms around theirs and thinks that the umpires don't know that he's doing that. I can tell him for an absolute fact, that the umps know exactly what he is doing and are watching out for it.

This is one reason why he needs to be played up forward. The second reason, he can't hit a target coming out of the backline. he would only have a 25% success rate, and I'm probably  being generous about that.

The real test as to the accuracy of what i am saying, and this applies to opinions that i express in a negative sentiment about other players, is this.

How many of you, when you see that walker has the ball and is running out of the back line, sit back in your chair at the ground or arm chair at home, completely relaxed in the knowledge that he will actually hit one of our players on the chest?

Reply #33
Some people on here must have a real hatred for casboult.
How you could have him in the worst 3 players is beyond me.

Better ask those who had him their three best, they might know the answer?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #34
Some people on here must have a real hatred for casboult.
How you could have him in the worst 3 players is beyond me.

Better ask those who had him their three best, they might know the answer?

That doesn't even make sense..

Seeing you answered I take it you had him...  ;)  Well that explains it.

Reply #35

I suppose you voted Thomas WOG DH?

If you watch the replay you can confirm Casboult had 7 clangers, more than any other Carlton player.

2 x Kicks into the man on the mark.
3 x Direct handballs to an opponent.
2 x Spilled uncontested marks.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #36

I suppose you voted Thomas WOG DH?

If you watch the replay you can confirm Casboult had 7 clangers, more than any other Carlton player.

2 x Kicks into the man on the mark.
3 x Direct handballs to an opponent.
2 x Spilled uncontested marks.

No i like Thomas and thought he played well.. You must have mistaken me for someone else..

I had Ellard, Hendo and 2E.

Walker was close.. 

On Casboult he also kicked a goal, chased down Rutten, put a hard chase on Dangerfield, provided a contest all day, dished off the goal to Yazz after marking, and helped out in the ruck.

So who were your 3 LP?? Hmmm?

Reply #37
Sorry but LOL @ Thomas WOG whoever that was.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #38

I thought he struggled but lifted in the final term to get us over the line and certainly wasn't in our bottom 3.

I'm still shocked that 14 posters on here voted for a guy who played one quarter.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #39

On Thomas, not sure if anyone saw the Malthouse interview before the game... ??

He explained a fair bit about Thomas's injury...  A few points:

# He was meant to miss the first 6 games this year but is 6 weeks ahead of progress.

# He had a total ankle reconstruction which usually takes a year to get over

# Mick had the same operation when he was playing.

# Basically said that he had like a "duck foot" before the operation (all his life) and now it goes the other way after the operation. So in effect had to really train himself to kick again and this has been a big reason why his kicking has struggled.

It was good to hear someone explain it because really we were all only ever told he had an ankle operation and that was about it.

Reply #40
Going by that, it was a poor decision to get him TBH. That many issues it's not funny. Time will tell if he gets back to his best.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #42
Going by that, it was a poor decision to get him TBH. That many issues it's not funny. Time will tell if he gets back to his best.

Wheres that glass half full...  :D

Dude, the glass was shattered ages ago.

Any attempt to retain the remaining water needs to be sucked up off the ground through a straw.

Given Mick had the EXACT same thing, you'd think he'd have a fair idea on what was required to get back to normal. Given he knows Daisy better than anyone, he was pretty confident that he could and would overcome this issue.

Considering, Daisy is 6 weeks ahead of schedule, kudos to Mick and his reading of the situation.

FWIW, Daisy had his 12 months off when he was on Collingwoods list. They paid for the surgery and the recovery.  >:D

Reply #43

Wheres that glass half full...  :D

Dude, the glass was shattered ages ago.

Any attempt to retain the remaining water needs to be sucked up off the ground through a straw.

Given Mick had the EXACT same thing, you'd think he'd have a fair idea on what was required to get back to normal. Given he knows Daisy better than anyone, he was pretty confident that he could and would overcome this issue.

Considering, Daisy is 6 weeks ahead of schedule, kudos to Mick and his reading of the situation.

FWIW, Daisy had his 12 months off when he was on Collingwoods list. They paid for the surgery and the recovery.  >:D

Yeah but he came back last year, played a few games and then had more issues with it from memory and then more surgery so maybe it wasn't over a year before he played..

Reply #44
So who were your 3 LP?? Hmmm?

Hendo, Garlett and Casboult.

Hendo has it going wrong, not sure what is up with him looks lost.

Garlett did nada in 35 minutes of football, he made Robin Nahas look proficient.

Casboult did some nice things but had way too many clanger moments, 1 or 2 is excusable, but if you have 7 you would need to kick 10 goals or have 40 possessions just to break even. 1 bad is not equal 1 good in football.
The Force Awakens!