43 - White
[ 2 ] (2.5%)
44 - Carrazzo
[ 19 ] (23.5%)
46 - Ellard (subbed off)
[ 3 ] (3.7%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Voting closed: June 06, 2014, 07:22:38 pm

Topic: R11 - WORST on ground vs Lions (Read 10727 times) previous topic - next topic

R11 - WORST on ground vs Lions

Which players 'missed the flight' to Brisbane?

Re: R10 - WORST on ground vs Lions

Reply #1
Robinson.  Robinson. Robinson Robinson Robinson Robinson robinson

Reply #2
Was at the game, what a load of crap....
The boys jogged most of the game, murphys worst game I have ever seen.
The only upside white and Rowe.

I bet if I followed the refs after the game, they would have been at love and rockets in the valley living it up.

I hope half the side gets sold off or given away at the end of season we need soldiers who can play interstate and win more then 4 games in a row..

Reply #3
Carrazzo (gone) , Robinson (ridiculous) , Touhy ( Bullants )

Murphy, Gibbs, Warnock, Ellard, Casboult, Waite just missed the cut.
Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #4
Thought this thread would be inundated, everyone having their "two-penneth".
I guess the difficulty is limiting it to three

Robbo gives his all, shame he was ineffective
Levi had a purple patch when he went in to the ruck, and we starting getting the clearances.

My nominations
Waite
McLean
Tuohy

Reply #5
Buckley, Carrazzo, Warnock.

Buckley - non existent
Carrazzo - looked underdone, didn't contribute much at all
Warnock - May cop some heat with this one. was decent in the ruck but around the ground he was poor. There was some incidences where he just had to do more, ie make space. I saw him on the bottom of my screen a few times just stand and watch where he could have presented for the ball and set a play up.   

Robinson was ineffective but tried.

Reply #6
Waite by a country mile. I wouldn't be surprised if he never plays a senior game ever again.
Special mentions:
2E
Hendo (if he's injured rest him FFS)

2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #7
One of Jarrad's shockers, after a good one last week.
Menzel started like a rocket then disappeared, which can happen with young fellas.
Brisbane lost their ruckman before half time and Warnock still didn't take a single mark for the game, he's taken 9 in 10 matches so far this season and 4 of them were in one game.
Buckley was largely invisible and completely ineffective, see Menzel above.
Carratts was starting to find some form before he got injured, I wouldn't be writing him off.
Casboult, Rowe and Ellard just aren't much good, White is only marginally better, we can cover them when we play better but when we have a bad game they get exposed.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #8
One of Jarrad's shockers, after a good one last week.
Menzel started like a rocket then disappeared, which can happen with young fellas.
Brisbane lost their ruckman before half time and Warnock still didn't take a single mark for the game, he's taken 9 in 10 matches so far this season and 4 of them were in one game.
Buckley was largely invisible and completely ineffective, see Menzel above.
Carratts was starting to find some form before he got injured, I wouldn't be writing him off.
Casboult, Rowe and Ellard just aren't much good, White is only marginally better, we can cover them when we play better but when we have a bad game they get exposed.
Nothing wrong with White or Rowe (and I have been a massive critic) tonite or in weeks gone by. Problems are elsewhere.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #9
Nothing wrong with White or Rowe (and I have been a massive critic) tonite or in weeks gone by. Problems are elsewhere.

Ask yourself whether either of them, or Casboult, or Ellard, would get a regular game at a top 8 club.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #10

Ask yourself whether either of them, or Casboult, or Ellard, would get a regular game at a top 8 club.

I reckon they'd all get a run at another club.

Ross Lyon would give a testicle for another marking target or another KPD.

Ellard would be the one least likely to get a regular game but he'd probably get I a few lists as back up.

The issue isn't always how good the player is it's how many good players they have around them.

We are short 4 quality mid sized players.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #11

If those top 8 clubs had the holes we have in our team then yes the would

Reply #12

I reckon they'd all get a run at another club.

Ross Lyon would give a testicle for another marking target or another KPD.

Ellard would be the one least likely to get a regular game but he'd probably get I a few lists as back up.

The issue isn't always how good the player is it's how many good players they have around them.

We are short 4 quality mid sized players.

We all see things differently.
I think we look much better with Henderson at CHB but he simply has to play forward because Waite is perennially injured and hit and miss when he's fit, I honestly don't think Rowe, Casboult or Ellard would be picked up if we delisted them, and White would only be a rough show.
It's not really a reflection on them, it's just an indication of how bad our list is, there are at least half a dozen other senior listed players who would disappear without a trace if we cut them, Bootsma, Lucas, McInness and Watson are four that come to mind.
We are paying the price for a decade of woeful recruiting, our current situation shouldn't come as a surprise.

Reply #13

Mate I have said many times, I would struggle to name 5-10 on our list that would get a game with another Club. What I meant with Rowe and White was that they were far (very far in fact) from our worst tonite. They are not the reason we lost. In fact, if some others put in the same effort as those two, we would have come away with the 4 pts.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #14

Mate I have said many times, I would struggle to name 5-10 on our list that would get a game with another Club. What I meant with Rowe and White was that they were far (very far in fact) from our worst tonite. They are not the reason we lost. In fact, if some others put in the same effort as those two, we would have come away with the 4 pts.

I agree that they weren't the reason we lost, I also agree they weren't our worst, what I'm saying is that if Rowe, Casboult and Ellard are all getting regular games then we obviously lack quality footballers.
I'm not bagging them as individuals, and I know there's nothing any better in the VFL, which is what is so depressing.