42 - Tuohy
[ 8 ] (9.5%)
43 - White (starting sub)
[ 5 ] (6%)
44 - Carrazzo
[ 2 ] (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: June 13, 2014, 10:33:09 pm

Topic: R12 - WORST on ground vs Cats (Read 12383 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R12 - WORST on ground vs Cats

Reply #15
Stop sticking up for Jeff.....2 blatant head-ducks, both costing him shots on goal - seriously, I couldn't care less what else he did out there. Tonight was the first time I'd seen a player do that multiple times in a game in my football-attending lifetime.....anything else he did, no matter how positive it may have been, was irrelevant IMO.

No denying his 2 head ducks were pisss poor. No excuses... But even taking those 2 incidents into account, he did do some good things, some of his runs and follow ups were important . White on the other hand did SFA which is why there's no specific incident to pick on. He wasn't even there AFAIC.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #16
Stop sticking up for Jeff.....2 blatant head-ducks, both costing him shots on goal - seriously, I couldn't care less what else he did out there. Tonight was the first time I'd seen a player do that multiple times in a game in my football-attending lifetime.....anything else he did, no matter how positive it may have been, was irrelevant IMO.

The Jeffy of old would have got that ball in the last 30 seconds, dashed inside 50m and goaled. His two pathetic attempts to mark were cringe worthy.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #17
MacLeans poor positioning and inability to fill holes hurt... Though throws in close are hard to cover.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #18
Garlett
Waite
Hendo

Garlett should've got double votes for his 2 head ducks....and his snap into the back of the cats player head!

Reply #19
Waite and hendo just didn't offer up enough. Need to give us more and should have given us more in this game.

garlett was ok same with 2E, But agree with most they aren't giving us enough.

But White for me had zero impact. Poor choice as a sub tho IMO.

Agree....White is a no impact player and looked ordinary when he was on...

Reply #20
Garlett was terrible and looked disinterested for large chunks . Refuses to chase when the ball is in his area. Simply does not work hard enough running the other way.
We had too many passengers but his head ducks and the above are simply indicative of his game. Until we expect more consistency, we won't threaten, we will continue to be disappointed and blame umpires.

Reply #21
Have to disagree Jon, I thought Garlett chased more than anyone. I'll get the pressure act numbers when I get today's paper but I'm backing him to be right up there.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #22
McLean by far and I'd go as far as to say he cost us the game  -recall an errant pass, handpass to geelong on the wing when we were clear in the last quarter and then of course, Selwood. He's a player I've never warmed to and I doubt whether he would get a game at any other club. Who would play McLean part from Carlton????

Reply #23
McLean by far and I'd go as far as to say he cost us the game  -recall an errant pass, handpass to geelong on the wing when we were clear in the last quarter and then of course, Selwood. He's a player I've never warmed to and I doubt whether he would get a game at any other club. Who would play McLean part from Carlton????

Not often we agree but on Mclean you have nailed it.....think I would rather see Cachia or Graham in this week.....

Reply #24

Not often we agree but on Mclean you have nailed it.....think I would rather see Cachia or Graham in this week.....

I think your spot on re Cachia
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #25
Must admit I was quite surprised to see that. When he started he really did pretty well in marking contests. Those 2 yesterday were very ordinary and hurt us in a lot of ways.
It is really irritating, but Garlett has appeared to dropped capabilities since he started instead of adding things on. Not sure what that means, but when was the last time you saw him kick on his left foot?
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #26
Brock let Sellwood get away for the winning goal, and Brock caused a turnover on the wing with that high ill-directed handball when we should have been ourselves running forward with loose players everywhere.
Negated a lot of his positives from earlier in the game

Reply #27
Brock let Sellwood get away for the winning goal, and Brock caused a turnover on the wing with that high ill-directed handball when we should have been ourselves running forward with loose players everywhere.

Touhey should have filled the space in front of Selwood. Instead he stayed back and left room for Selwood o run into. THAT'S why we lost.

Reply #28

Touhey should have filled the space in front of Selwood. Instead he stayed back and left room for Selwood o run into. THAT'S why we lost.

Actually, our on field leaders should have ensured that we had players in defensive positions and the key Geelong stoppage players, Selwood, Stevie J, etc, were covered.  Henderson was standing about 20m from the stoppage on the centre circle side when he should have been on the defensive side.  That's why we lost.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #29
Must admit I was quite surprised to see that. When he started he really did pretty well in marking contests. Those 2 yesterday were very ordinary and hurt us in a lot of ways.
It is really irritating, but Garlett has appeared to dropped capabilities since he started instead of adding things on. Not sure what that means, but when was the last time you saw him kick on his left foot?

Dont know enough about any personal challenges he might be currently facing to state this theory with any great deal of conviction, but I get the impression that not having Eddie there to guide him is having an adverse impact on him personally. In any case this as an opportunity for him to find inner confidence, hope he conquers the challenge and grows.

― Mark Twain