Skip to main content
Topic: Watson-Positional switch paying off (Read 23751 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Watson-Positional switch paying off

Reply #30
Watson played about the worst game of football I have seen from a senior player when he last played......I dont want to be relying on this flaky numptie to be kicking goals when the chips are down. I dont think he has the mental capacity to play the game at a high level for 100 minutes....dislikes physical contact and has less awareness on a footy field than Clive Palmer has in Parliment which tells you how well he is going....

Yep we cannot rely on him.

EB, our KP stocks are poor as we all know.

Do you think we chase Jaksch from GWS or try to go hard and give up more for a Patton?

Reply #31
Go for gold Pratty. Great KPP are invaluable It's no time to penny pinch

Reply #32
Its a NO from me ,waste of space nice kid no footy smart  

Reply #33
Cloke would run rings around Watto

Already has RR?
I think you have to be careful not to assess mobility using fitness or strength.

Is Watson as fit as Cloke, absolutely not, but is Watson as mobile as Cloke I think so!

Cloke is neither fast or agile, he uses brute strength to push off opponents and get a break, speed has nothing to do with it but fitness does because he repeats this lead over and over again!

We, well at least I, speak figuratively. "To run rings round" someone is an idiom that can be used, among other things, to describe the act of showing more ability e.g. in footy, than that another person. I think Cloke would demonstrate that over Watson in spades and I think most who watch any footy would agree on that. But please, feel free to continue to split hairs.

Even contemplating similarities between Cloke and Watto is fraught with danger. They are both males and they both are tall - similarities concluded.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #34
Both have pretty big heads as well.

Reply #36

Is Watson any less or more effective than Casboult at the same stage of their career?

I think some of Watson's early games in the 1s were far more effective than Casboult's first efforts. Some would say Watson's efforts in the 1s exceeded his effort in the 2s!

If Casboult turns into "A Miracle" then it suggests Watson needs at least one or two more years on the list at least!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #37
@LP

Agree, if Watson shows any promise as a forward this year then we should make sure he gets a good opportunity to develop for us. In these circumstances I would favour giving him every opportunity next year.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #38
Mick doesn't give extended runs in the seniors and he isn't a great VFL performer. He'll never make it here.

Reply #39
Watson played about the worst game of football I have seen from a senior player when he last played......I dont want to be relying on this flaky numptie to be kicking goals when the chips are down. I dont think he has the mental capacity to play the game at a high level for 100 minutes....dislikes physical contact and has less awareness on a footy field than Clive Palmer has in Parliment which tells you how well he is going....

Yep we cannot rely on him.

EB, our KP stocks are poor as we all know.

Do you think we chase Jaksch from GWS or try to go hard and give up more for a Patton?

Pratty, I would try for Jaksch and also look at Vickery...the latter I know doesnt enthuse much support on this forum but I think
at a different club could be a good player...
I like Jaksch because he can play both ends of the ground.........problem will be finding a suitable trade deal....

Reply #40

Is Watson any less or more effective than Casboult at the same stage of their career?

I think some of Watson's early games in the 1s were far more effective than Casboult's first efforts. Some would say Watson's efforts in the 1s exceeded his effort in the 2s!

If Casboult turns into "A Miracle" then it suggests Watson needs at least one or two more years on the list at least!

Sorry Spotted One, but Meat showed heaps from the get-go. Especially his marking and general footy nouse... his only weakness was consistency and his tank in the early years was way off the mark - still had baby fat for the first two years at PP.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #41
Mick doesn't give extended runs in the seniors and he isn't a great VFL performer. He'll never make it here.

He is one of a a type that aren't easy to come by - good ones that is. Many people had both Levi and Rowe written off, not that long ago. It would be madness not to thoroughly explore all options for Watson. OK, we know he's not a defender.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #42
Sorry Spotted One, but Meat showed heaps from the get-go. Especially his marking and general footy nouse... his only weakness was consistency and his tank in the early years was way off the mark - still had baby fat for the first two years at PP.

Keep in mind Casboult has been on the list longer.

Yet actually, Watson made his debut first before getting injured.

Prior to this season they were statistically inseparable, that is despite what people remember and also the critical issue that they play at different ends of the ground!

He deserves as much lenience as Casboult or else we are probably just being a bit prejudiced!

When he gets to the ball he is almost as good a mark as Casboult and kicks far better!

Like Casboult he has fitness issues, but so did Casboult a year ago!

The similarities are astounding! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #44
The similarities are astounding! ;)

Watson is the next Hawkins?  :P

None of them are the next Carey or Brown though!

As a general rule, a lot of the current batch are way over-rated compared to the CHFs of the past! I think it is because as a position KPF, being a dedicated position, nearly dead and buried.
The Force Awakens!