Skip to main content
Topic: Where Will Our Goals Come From In 2015 ?? (Read 8504 times) previous topic - next topic

Where Will Our Goals Come From In 2015 ??

Since 2000, the average AFL score has shrunk continuously, from more than 15 goals per team per game to barely 12.5 now. This is despite constant improvement in conditions at all grounds, and from 2001 the utility of a ground, now called Etihad Stadium, where conditions don't matter at all.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afls-conundrum-where-have-all-the-goals-gone-20140716-ztrb0.html

If we take those stats by Greg Baum as gospel, then all we need to do in 2015 to win a large percentage of our matches is kick 15-goals per game. This equates to an overall tally of 330 goals being needed for the whole season to achieve those results.

Bearing in mind we have made some dramatic changes to the playing list, where are our goals going to come from next year to get us to 330 ??

Jones - 40
Casboult - 25
Menzel - 35
Walker - 20
Mids - 30

"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Re: Where Will Our Goals Come From In 2015 ??

Reply #1
Henderson ... 40
Menzel 40
Jones 30
Casboult 25
Walker 25
White/Watson ... 25
Kreuzer 15
Judd, Murphy, Gibbs, Everitt, Thomas, other Mids/smalls 60

About 70 short ....

Reply #2
Yep, we kicked about 270 last year so we need an improvement of 60-goals for the season to be part of the September action.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #3
If Jones kicks 40 goals, we are the kings of the AFL.

Hendo 37
Menzel 33
Casboult 26
Murphy 19
Jacksh 17
Gibbs 16
Jones 11

Reply #4
Based on laws of average we should have won another flag in the last 18 years too...

Just sayin'.  ;D

Reply #5
If Jones kicks 40 goals, we are the kings of the AFL.

;D I wish

I don't see jones as being as lethal as everyone is saying he is. Casboult Should give us our bulk of goals if hendo dosnt play fwd

Reply #6
Casboult Should give us our bulk of goals if hendo dosnt play fwd

If Levi has the support around him, and if he can kick straight then he has the capability to win a Coleman. He's moving into a period now where he must realise his potential.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #7
In season 2014 Carlton had 27 different goal kickers.

Our mids scored over 100 goals between them, our rucks and defenders also scored another 20 or so.

Thats 4-5 goals a game from the midfield and beyond.

That leaves the forward 6 needing to kick 10 - 11 goals between them.

This isn't too hard, Hendo, Jones or Casboult kicks 4(or more ;) ) 2 others kick 2 each and the other 3 all kick 1 each and tada there is your 15 goals !!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #8

If Levi has the support around him, and if he can kick straight then he has the capability to win a Coleman. He's moving into a period now where he must realise his potential.

I don't think anyone with his kicking action will win a Coleman medal, not to mention the fact that he plays backup ruck, doesn't have A+ delivery from the mids and is no good at ground level. Henderson is the one that can kick 50+ but he just needs to be fit.

Henderson - 45-50
Menzel - 35-40
Jones - 25-30
Gibbs - 20-25
Casboult - 20-25

Reply #9

I don't think anyone with his kicking action will win a Coleman medal, not to mention the fact that he plays backup ruck,  doesn't have A+ delivery from the mids and is no good at ground level.

All of your issues must be addressed to satisfy my ideal of Levi.

You said..." I don't think anyone with his kicking action will win a Coleman medal"
I said......." if he can kick straight then he has the capability to win a Coleman"

You said..."doesn't have A+ delivery from the mids"
I said..."If Levi has the support around him.."

Anyway we'll see what happens'
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #10

I don't think anyone with his kicking action will win a Coleman medal, not to mention the fact that he plays backup ruck,  doesn't have A+ delivery from the mids and is no good at ground level.

You said..." I don't think anyone with his kicking action will win a Coleman medal"
I said......." if he can kick straight then he has the capability to win a Coleman"

Still don't think a backup ruckman can win the Coleman. :))

Reply #11

Roughead 2013? ;)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #12

Roughead 2013? ;)

Jordan Lewis had more hitouts than Roughead in 2013. ;)

Casboult had 131 hitouts this year, Roughead had 60 in 2013. Tells me he didn't spend that much time in the ruck or he was hopeless.

Reply #13
I'd classify Roughy is a forward. Pinch hitting in the ruck only.

I don't want a Coleman winner though. I want Flags. And a good spread of goal kickers would be required.

(Fev made us too one dimensional going forward).

Reply #14
Jordan Lewis had more hitouts than Roughead in 2013. ;)

Casboult had 131 hitouts this year, Roughead had 60 in 2013. Tells me he didn't spend that much time in the ruck or he was hopeless.

Warnock had more hit-outs than all of them combined but I know who was more effective! ;)
The Force Awakens!