Skip to main content
Topic: Where Will Our Goals Come From In 2015 ?? (Read 8503 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Where Will Our Goals Come From In 2015 ??

Reply #15
This is a subject that has been on my mind for a while and I didn't want to start a thread on it until after the trades had been done.

Clearly there is a gulf between what we kicked last year and what we need to kick in 2015 if we want to play finals. Whilst having a strong defence is certainly going to assist in the process, we still have to find more goals and/or goal-kickers overall from within the list.

Someone else has pointed out that through trades & FA we have lost some of our "regular" avenues to goal so it is an interesting exercise to see how people think we can bridge the shortfall.

I have no doubt that there will be a "bolt from the blue" that no-one saw coming (ie. a player will bob up and kick 30-40 goals which was completely unexpected) but we cannot rely on the unexpected, we need some sort of certainty to work around.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #16
Plenty of guys (both new recruits and current players) will need to step up big time.

Some combination of Casboult, Jones, Jaksch, Hendo, Watto will need to kick the bulk of the goals. A fairly unconvincing and untried collection of players TBH. Walks must play forward. If he doesn't in 2015, he never will. Menzel is clearly the standout small forward on our list.

The above group will need plenty of assistance from a resting midfield - Gibbs, Murph, Daisy, Judd et al.

The fwds are the most troubling line in our team by far.

Reply #17
I just don't understand this obsession with Kreuzer as a forward, "At Best" I think he is going to be a 1~2 goal a game very average tall forward.

However as a mobile ruckmen he could easily be a 1~2 goal a game elite on-ball player!

We need a 3 goal a game tall forward, Henderson is the only bloke on the list who looks capable of this sort of output, perhaps with Casboult or Watson close behind!

Of the lot I think Watson is probably potentially closest to the Cloke type that MM probably wants!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #18
If we got 30 goals bfrom mk as a forward and pt ruck this year, I'd take that but don't see it happening.

Can't see him getting that playing in the ruck primarily, this year. Perhaps when he's 28.

Reply #19
Kreuzer can go a goal a game as a ruckmen, but we don't have any other ruckmen that can do a Kreuzer on ball! ;)

But would the extra 6 ~ 8 goals for playing him forward be worth having to run Warnock or Wood in the ruck?  I don't think the likely goal difference covers the bill! :o
The Force Awakens!