Skip to main content
Topic: We were Up by HOW MUCH? (Read 11799 times) previous topic - next topic

We were Up by HOW MUCH?

Last year I showed in the past 3 years how we often skip away to a lead and then let the team back in the contest. Sometimes we win (Adelaide) most of the time we lose. This thread will monitor this pattern and hopefully we can see an improvement!

Round 1 (vs Richmond): Leading by 23, Lost by 27 - 50 point turnaround.
Round 6 (vs Brisbane); Leading by 15, Lost by 9 - 24 point turnaround.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Re: We were Up by HOW MUCH?

Reply #1
Last year I showed in the past 3 years how we often skip away to a lead and then let the team back in the contest. Sometimes we win (Adelaide) most of the time we lose. This thread will monitor this pattern and hopefully we can see an improvement!

Lack of killer instinct

Reply #2
No plan B.

After 32 seasons MM has nothing for our boys. It only encourages Pagan comparisons.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #3
New season same crape delivered up totally over it

Reply #4
Leadership and discipline. A long way to go.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #5
Im pretty sure their lead went out to 30 points at one point too.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #6

Be worth one in reverse too.

As I said a few times last year, we are never safe when 5 goals in front but never out of it when 5 goals behind. At times our side can suddenly look highly skilled when 5 goals behind as well rattle on a pile of goals. Then we slow and look like crap again. On the other hand we can be 5 goals in front and suddenly look like the worst side on the planet.

Reply #7
Im pretty sure their lead went out to 30 points at one point too.

Good point, 3 Leos, but firstly, after we'd got out to a 23 pt lead we should have stayed in front...

...and secondly, that we pulled back a 30+ deficit to lose by 27 pts is far from impressive.

If we look back over the last season, we can see that this thread is justified. For those who state a case relating to how narrowly we lost against bone fide opposition, you could also mount a case for our 'lucky' wins - and there were about as many.

We finished last year where we should have. Our last two Senior Coaches have played this card.. the narrow loss card.

Winners never play the narrow loss card...

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #8
Good point, 3 Leos, but firstly, after we'd got out to a 23 pt lead we should have stayed in front...

...and secondly, that we pulled back a 30+ deficit to lose by 27 pts is far from impressive.

If we look back over the last season, we can see that this thread is justified. For those who state a case relating to how narrowly we lost against bone fide opposition, you could also mount a case for our 'lucky' wins - and there were about as many.

We finished last year where we should have. Our last two Senior Coaches have played this card.. the narrow loss card.

Winners never play the narrow loss card...

We've pulled out alot of wins from 5 goals behind too over the last so many years. 5 goals up or down for Carlton doesn't mean anything.

Reply #9
Only lost be 9 in the end but I believe it was a 40 point turn around for Brisbane at one stage...

Reply #10
As Gibbs said at half time we controlled the clearances but our entry into the forward line was terrible....we didnt get enough reward for our efforts to build up a
winning margin...

Reply #11
Surprising it's taken this long for this thread again.

I didn't realise how crap we would be.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #12
What forward line?  What "system" to get it there?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #13
We could have been up by 10 goals and we would have found a way to lose to the Lions. They had 10 into F50m entries in a row. They also had 10 scoring shots in a row at one point. If you can't stop a poor side from doing this, what hope do you have against a top 4 side. >:(
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #14
At some stage this year we will lose by our greatest ever margin.

I fear we also could have a game in which we don't score.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?