Skip to main content
Topic: We were Up by HOW MUCH? (Read 11796 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: We were Up by HOW MUCH?

Reply #15
As Gibbs said at half time we controlled the clearances but our entry into the forward line was terrible....we didnt get enough reward for our efforts to build up a
winning margin...

Same can be said each and every week.

Reply #16
I don't think other teams mind that much if we do win the clearances. When we do, all they need to do is pressure us and we'll turn it over or miss the goal if we do get that far.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #17
I don't think other teams mind that much if we do win the clearances. When we do, all they need to do is pressure us and we'll turn it over or miss the goal if we do get that far.

Geelong had this philosophy in the past seasons. They were not worried if they didn't get the clearance. In fact they enjoyed not doing so, in order to stick a few hard tackles and get the ball back, and then play on their terms. Hawks were the same, but the games of this season show this might be a mentality of the past for top 8 sides.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #18
Geelong had this philosophy in the past seasons. They were not worried if they didn't get the clearance. In fact they enjoyed not doing so, in order to stick a few hard tackles and get the ball back, and then play on their terms. Hawks were the same, but the games of this season show this might be a mentality of the past for top 8 sides.

Except against us - we're easy pickings.    :))

Reply #19
Cookie, nail, hammer head. You nailed it. Unfortunately we joke here about it, but the reality is that it isn't funny at all. Its a joke, yes. However for us supporters it just isn't funny. Being a laughing stock doesn't entertain me one bit. Cheers Cooks.  ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #20

Agree..they seem to plan on us doing well in the middle and look to hurt us rebounding off half back..Clay Beams had a picnic mopping up and breaking away with the footy...

Reply #21
Cookie, nail, hammer head. You nailed it. Unfortunately we joke here about it, but the reality is that it isn't funny at all. Its a joke, yes. However for us supporters it just isn't funny. Being a laughing stock doesn't entertain me one bit. Cheers Cooks.  ;)

Sorry Mants, I should have said " >:("!

Reply #22
R12, 2015. Port Adelaide. Up by 4 goals in the last until.... No wait  :))

Had Carlton supporters who didn't know each other giving each other high fives. Something about this game, just felt like a turning point... Let's hope.

Reply #23
I thought of this thread as soon as we went 29 points up.

It probably still deserves a mention.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #24
R12, 2015. Port Adelaide. Up by 4 goals in the last until.... No wait  :))

Had Carlton supporters who didn't know each other giving each other high fives. Something about this game, just felt like a turning point... Let's hope.

Apparantly only 27k there. Listening to it on TV it sounded like there was 70k!

Reply #25

I thought we were going to struggle to get 15k ten minutes before the start. Completely deserted.

Reply #26
The crowd came in really late, Port got a louder cheer when they came on the ground.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #27

My bet is that we will get a few more band wagoners attending on Sunday for the Gold Coast game.  Look for a crowd of over 30k

Reply #28
My bet is that we will get a few more band wagoners attending on Sunday for the Gold Coast game.  Look for a crowd of over 30k

I'll be there with my trombone!  ;) :))

Reply #29
Port got a louder cheer when they came on the ground.

Half of our supporters didn't realise the team was running on because they decided to play "In the Air Tonight" instead of our club song (which did come on later).

What was with starting the game half hour early? Must have confused supporters