Skip to main content
Topic: Round 10: Carlton vs Adelaide Pre Game Palaver (Read 30175 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 10: Carlton vs Adelaide Pre Game Palaver

Reply #91
We are shorter odds than the Tigers were tonight.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #92
We all know the ones you hear are less deadly than the ones you don't. My question is how to they lay blame for the ones you don't hear? :P

It's always the bloke who can't keep a straight face! :))
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #93
Well we didn't get the full-coach replacement bump last week.

I did detect a bit more effort and given the quality of the opposition and the decimated nature of the team the performance was probably about expectations.

The real danger is that today (without that coach bump) we put in a weak performance.
In some respects this is an even more important game than last week because it sets the benchmark for the rest of the season.

Barker didn't get much of a chance to impact in the chaotic events of last week because most people at the club  would have been dealing with the turmoil of coach change.

We'll get a better idea of the style of play under Barker and also the standard in terms of effort and intensity in the coming weeks...starting with today.

Reply #94
I'm a little concerned lods that Barker may be following in Mick's footsteps a little too much. I mean why did he need to talk to him twice before last week's game? There's still no Boekhurst or Jaksch, Army and Ellard are in the 25. Buckley started sub. Let's see how we go this today.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #95
I'm a little concerned lods that Barker may be following in Mick's footsteps a little too much. I mean why did he need to talk to him twice before last week's game? There's still no Boekhurst or Jaksch, Army and Ellard are in the 25. Buckley started sub. Let's see how we go this today.

Not sure but I did read that, due to the timing of Micks sacking he only had 20 minutes with the team before the swans game.

As for Army, he's still one of our few 4/4 players and did a good job on Danger before.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #96
But he has enormous deficiencies and wont be there next year. Playing him ahead of guys like Boeky seems contradictory to where the club say they are headed. JUst like Mick.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #97
But he has enormous deficiencies and wont be there next year. Playing him ahead of guys like Boeky seems contradictory to where the club say they are headed. JUst like Mick.

The biggest deficiency is lack of effort.
Barker has been clear that what he wants to see is effort.
Boek is going ok but can't run out a whole game. He's had a taste he will certainly play 1sts again.

Barker also said he'll be working closely with SOS for the remainder of the season, which I take to mean they have a plan for when, where and who comes in during the season.

Right now I reckon they are giving Graham and Bucks an extended run, I hope.

Reply #98
We all know the ones you hear are less deadly than the ones you don't. My question is how to they lay blame for the ones you don't hear? :P

And when its the coach. Reminds me of when I was a teacher. :)

Reply #99
No late changes!

Reply #100
No late changes!

Great, I've been waiting forever to see Kreuzer play.
A reasonable team effort but a 4 or 5 goal loss coming up I reckon, unless someone out of the blue kicks a bag.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.