Skip to main content
Topic: What do you want to see happen over this pre season ? (Read 6846 times) previous topic - next topic

What do you want to see happen over this pre season ?

My thoughts.

- Dew or Bolton appointed Senior Coach
- John Barker appointed VFL coach
- New Recruiting Manager
- Overhaul of our development staff
- Jono Brown to replace Brad Green as one of our Assistant Coaches
- Geelong's 1st Pick for Hendon, passed to Brisbane for Aish
- Keep Yazz, unless a super tempting deal is offered
- Carlisle for our 2nd rounder
- Nab one of Aish or Carlisle in the PSD if either Brisbane or predicable the Scum are being difficult in negotiations.
- Bailey Rice to choose us
- Grab SOS Jr Mk I with a late pick, so he can start his development through the VFL next year instead of another year of TAC Cup.
- Weitering with our 1st pick

Re: What do you want to see happen over this pre season ?

Reply #1
Jono Brown to replace Brad Green as one of our Assistant Coaches

Reckon he's making too much coin in the media to switch to an assistant role.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #2
Total board spill and a new ticket.

Barker coach....Bomber Thompson in a director of coaching role (he can step into the coach's job if things go pear shaped. ;))

Trade/delist any player identified as not wanting to be there. (they know who they are.)
Put it on them....if you want out we'll make it happen. (Except Cripps...chain him to the wall  ;D)

Replace Andrew McKay

Reply #3
- Dew Coach or Bolton as second preference
- John Barker as Northern Blues Coach
- Board shake up
- Henderson trade (first round pick would be nice)
- Weitering, SOS II and Rice drafted
- Sav to Coach Cripps' goalkicking
- Put size onto our players in the gym

Reply #4
-Couldn't handle Boltons smile for 3 years. Dew for me.
-No training camps-team bonding clearly didn't work last pre-season, they are still selfish.
-New fitness and conditioning team, new skills team, basically
-Sack all the Asst Coaches. True, the recruiters stiffed them, but seriously, get new ones that have played in lots of finals, lots and lots of finals.
-Learn a gameplan that works for a young team. Learn it, drill, it, learn it again.
-Demote Captain Carlton. We are the Navy Blues. Admiral Carlton is a better fit. :P

go Baggers

Reply #5
[1] Put more resources into the Northern Blues with a full time coach, not just one of our development lads, and a decent list. get them training with the seniors as much as possible and get some real esprit de corps in them.
[2] Evaluate the fitness regime, so we an be the fittest club in the comp.
[3] Work on our skills under pressure, so we don't miss targets.
[4] Make sure all of our lads go through the goal kicking stuff. Nobody get to leave until they kick their quota of goals. That includes all of the defenders.
[5] With a new head coach, it will be highly likely that there will be changes in the assistant's ranks. Fine. Get together a good team and get them to work as such.
[6] Manage the list to make sure we have no possible outstanding free agents. Massage the contracts to make sure we have a tough minded, committed bunch of players. Trade out the ones who are not committed if necessary.
[7] Get the Draft right! No more disasters like 2010.
[8] Evaluate the board. Determine who is playing power games and who is there for the club. Get in some fresh talent if necessary, especially considering a few ex-players.
[10] Start using some of our resources to provide more for our players, so our players do not have as much time on their hands to get into trouble, so that our players know there will be benefits of being at Carlton other than just a decent pay packet, get them involved in many aspects of the club so they feel they matter more to the club.
[11] Have SOS analyse the recruiting process, so we become the leader in recruiting. Granted he already has a big role in the development of our recruiting department, but we need to make sure we get things right.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #6
Total board spill and a new ticket.

Barker coach....Bomber Thompson in a director of coaching role (he can step into the coach's job if things go pear shaped. ;))

Trade/delist any player identified as not wanting to be there. (they know who they are.)
Put it on them....if you want out we'll make it happen. (Except Cripps...chain him to the wall  ;D)

Replace Andrew McKay

Agree on board spill.

Reckon we need someone other than Barker as coach. Director of coaching role should be created, Bomber would do.

I reckon SOS and a director of coaching role could probably absorb McKays responsibilities.

Reply #7
Stand alone VFL team.....there can be no argument against given the failure of development and the NB's as a joint team..its reached embarrassing levels.
Webster fired and replaced with Rohan Welsh

Ross Lyon as coach  with Simon Lloyd as head of development to work with SOS....will cost but money can make it happen....Dew, Bolton, Barker are all risky...Lyon has turned crap clubs around twice and has the runs on the board..

The board spilled...

Andy McKay moved on

No to Aish...soft overated, overhyped dud......

Yes to Carlisle...PSD...Bombers get nothing...

Henderson and Yarran traded out......

Weitering with our first pick...

Inducements to get Rice to pick us...

No Director of coaching....biggest BS position in football... a decent coach doesnt need some old has been to hold his hand...(thats no slight on Lods or others who rate the position...I just dont see any use for a DOC.)

Cripps made Vice Captain

Reply #8
[1] Put more resources into the Northern Blues with a full time coach, not just one of our development lads, and a decent list. get them training with the seniors as much as possible and get some real esprit de corps in them.
[2] Evaluate the fitness regime, so we an be the fittest club in the comp.
[3] Work on our skills under pressure, so we don't miss targets.
[4] Make sure all of our lads go through the goal kicking stuff. Nobody get to leave until they kick their quota of goals. That includes all of the defenders.
These are some of the simple things we need to work on. For ages we have noted the relationship with Preston and noted the lack of talent coming through that side. We've noticed the relative lack of spirit: too many guys leaving for 'opportunities'. We've noticed the poor skills and the terrible goal kicking. These should be fixable.

Improving the fitness of the whole Northern Blues squad is a good thing for us. But making us the fittest club in the comp may be quite difficult. We want to be the leaders, but we don't want to end up taking stupid risks, like the Essendon Supplements Program. This needs money and I am not sure we have enough yet.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #9
excellent suggestions on here. I hope the club is watching
Reminding all, there's no quick fixes or easy way out

Reply #10
No Director of coaching....biggest BS position in football... a decent coach doesnt need some old has been to hold his hand...(thats no slight on Lods or others who rate the position...I just dont see any use for a DOC.)

No slight taken. ;)
A Ross Lyon type wouldn't need that position.

I only see it of use with a rookie coach...more in an advisory (been there, done that) role

Reply #11
i prefer to see a busting to be proven rookie coach that we back in for good and bad
who has the capacity to learn, improve and is hungry for success.
Most importantly, he gets the players to buy in 100%

Reply #12
I would like to see enough changes that we all have hope the club will move forward and improve over the pre season. I would also like to see the players unite and do everything in their own individual powers to improve their abilities. If that means extra home work then so be it. We need a hungry side that is fit and ready to engage a massive performance from game one. Not the dead start we saw at the start of this season. How a side can look so flat in the first round is beyond me. Round 1 should be played as though it is a grand final IMO.

Many of the suggested comments in this thread is just the start we need to be fresh and ready for 2016. The players must buy into the concept of the "New Carlton" though. They have to believe and be ready to do their role to the best of their abilities. Every player needs to be fully accountable. No more passengers.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #13
My thoughts.

- Dew or Bolton appointed Senior Coach
- John Barker appointed VFL coach
- New Recruiting Manager
- Overhaul of our development staff
- Jono Brown to replace Brad Green as one of our Assistant Coaches
- Geelong's 1st Pick for Hendon, passed to Brisbane for Aish
- Keep Yazz, unless a super tempting deal is offered
- Carlisle for our 2nd rounder
- Nab one of Aish or Carlisle in the PSD if either Brisbane or predicable the Scum are being difficult in negotiations.
- Bailey Rice to choose us
- Grab SOS Jr Mk I with a late pick, so he can start his development through the VFL next year instead of another year of TAC Cup.
- Weitering with our 1st pick

Good thought. Dunno about Carlisle though. We can't afford another player that can't kick well.

Reply #14
Whatever we do, DO NOT PAY OVERS if we go after James Aish or Jake C.