Skip to main content
Topic: What do you want to see happen over this pre season ? (Read 6864 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: What do you want to see happen over this pre season ?

Reply #15
Sorry Elwood.

The thought that not having a stand alone team is somehow holding us back is bogus.

They do whatever we tell them.

Any problems between the two teams are 100% our fault.

Our development might be crap, but it's got fudge all to do with the NBs.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #16
Covered some in another thread but want to see change take place in a structured way, in so far as it has some logic and coherence to it. There is enough chaos without having more babies turfed out.

A little more board turnover from the 3 last year. Total board shakeups are highly disruptive, and any new ticket, if it did exisit would have a long learning period anyway. So 2 changes would be good, with a view to this many over the next 3 years.

Obviously a head coach appointed prior to draft. I want us to take some risks with the head coach appointment, so i would like to see the new head coach be a head of coaching, with direct oversight of both the senior and reserves. Ideally, in 3 years time, i would like to see a situation where the most senior assistant is taking charge on quite a few match days. This is a more innovative direction, and is where coaching is going. Head coach is an executive role in charge of a team of coaches. This would hopefully breed more accountability and thus better performance.

Spill all assistant coach and other key support roles over the next 8 to 12 months. Retain head coach recruitment panel plus new head coach to interview and recruit for roles. If barker and laidly and co want the job then they are welcome but they must offer something different, as they have been a part of the failure so far, however small. Many assistants are being paid good money, so this should not be shied away from.

Investment in NB and the relationship with the senior team, with a view to a standalone team or equivalent in 3 to 4 years. Coaching of NB to be fully integrated with senior development, otherwise we are kidding ourselves.

All players to have their own programs. This may be the case now, but given the number of players with major deficiencies that have continued season after season im not so sure.

And finaly, and only partly seriously, put the past premiership cups in the foyer at PP away for a while, if only to try and exorcise the demons of the past. It is holding us back from paying sufficient attention to the future.

Reply #17
Sorry Elwood.

The thought that not having a stand alone team is somehow holding us back is bogus.

They do whatever we tell them.

Any problems between the two teams are 100% our fault.

Our development might be crap, but it's got fudge all to do with the NBs.

We will have to disagree on this one Cimm.......I think some of the other clubs who have gone stand alone have improved and I'd like to give it
a go with a new coach and better resources...

Reply #18
- The Board to ratify the selection panel's decision for our new Senior Coach (I'm more than happy with the panel and I think they will make the right choice).
- However, I will be very surprised if John Barker gets the gig.  He has potential and I would like to see him coaching the NBs for a couple of seasons.
- Sign Sav Rocca on for a couple of seasons to work on our goal kicking.
- Replace all of the other assistant coaches, preferably with people who have experienced premiership success in the last decade.
- Appoint a dedicated development coach.
- Draft Aaron Francis with our first pick.
- Say goodbye and thanks for all the fish to Carrazzo, Warnock, Ellard, Jones, Tutt and Watson.
- Have a hard look at Dick, Whiley, Wood, Walker and Jamison (the latter two in relation to their fitness and durability).
- Entertain any realistic trade offers as long as we don't bend over and/or bring in any more fringe players.
- Draft Bailey Rice and Jack Silvagni as father-son picks (the latter's injury may help us to get both).
- Replace Buttifant & co with a fitness team that focuses on strength and endurance.
- Employ a tackling coach.
- Send Boekhorst, Smith, Jaksch, Viojo-Rainbow, Menzel, Graham and Holman to Leo Berry's gym.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball