Skip to main content
Topic: What Has Turned Around Bryce Gibbs ?? (Read 24900 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: What Has Turned Around Bryce Gibbs ??

Reply #15
I think injuries, suspensions and getting massacred every week impacted on his performance last year. In 2014 and now in 2016 he is our best player and an elite midfielder.

He is the 19th ranked player in the comp for supercoach

19. Gibbs 109.6 avg per game
21. Cripps 106.4
21. Simpson 106.4
25. Docherty 105.9
49. Curnow 101.1
99. Wright 90.1
117. Murphy 86.6
117. Thomas 86.6

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #16
Cant wait for his next SB&C installment without seeing a game :-)

Won't be one for a while actually, we know where most of them sit now, it's just a case of someone not in the mix putting their hand up between now and the rest of the season.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #18
I think that Gibbs is simply one of those players that plays better when the team is travelling well and that much of his work goes unnoticed when the team isnt travelling so well.

Or is it that with so many players now playing to a more team-orientated structure that he couldn't rest on his laurels any more ??

Clearly the overall playing list has a purpose and steely resolve, as an elder statesmen, he would be looked to for onfield leadership and a cool head in a crisis.

Reply #19
I dunno, but Bolton or 1 of the coaches has found the right button to press, and it's working !!
And I'm very happy to be enjoying the results !!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #20
I dunno, but Bolton or 1 of the coaches has found the right button to press, and it's working !!
And I'm very happy to be enjoying the results !!

For sure, we don't know exactly how it has played out internally but the results speak for themselves.

Reply #21
Or is it that with so many players now playing to a more team-orientated structure that he couldn't rest on his laurels any more ??

Clearly the overall playing list has a purpose and steely resolve, as an elder statesmen, he would be looked to for onfield leadership and a cool head in a crisis.

It's more that the rest of the team can't rest on the laurels of Gibbs, Murphy, Cripps, Simpson, Docherty and Kreuzer.  There are no passengers, the gameplan suits Gibbs and he's doing what comes naturally.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #22

Whilst I haven't had the pleasure of watching the last three games due to no coverage up here in Sydney

Ok, we've found the reason for the turnaround. You are now banned from forever watching anymore Carlton games...lol.

Reply #23
Cant wait for his next SB&C installment without seeing a game :-)

I don't watch footy but this guy is crap and here's why!!!
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #25
I don't watch footy but this guy is crap and here's why!!!

You don't need to watch every game to have an opinion, admittedly it helps but it is not compulsory. Right now, you have The Age, The Hun, Footy Classified, Talking Footy plus every footy site around the country discussing Gibbs' recent resurgence and wondering what the catalyst has been.

Reply #26
Very much maligned. If you're not top 10 player at the club you will be dropped - just ridiculous.

has had three below average years.. all the others have been extremely good. Do we forget the games where he defeated Goddard, Goodes etc when playing in the backline as 23 year old?

He was riddled with injury and form in 2012 + 2013 then played the whole of 2014 in the middle and was a star (best and fairest) 2015 was injury hit but this year so far he is in career best form as you would expect someone in their peak and will continue for another three years.

Reply #27
In 8 weeks, he has developed an 'in your face, elbow in the guts as I go past, be the first in when one of ours is under siege' attitude.  A developing Hogde / Lewis attitude. 

No coincidence that we are more aggressive across the board. Towards the ball, the opponent, the game in general. 

Culture. 

Reply #28
In 8 weeks, he has developed an 'in your face, elbow in the guts as I go past, be the first in when one of ours is under siege' attitude.  A developing Hogde / Lewis attitude. 

No coincidence that we are more aggressive across the board. Towards the ball, the opponent, the game in general. 

Culture.

;D
That's a fascinating picture - the 'Hodgification of Bryce' !   :)) He'll be wearing # 15 next.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #29

Culture.

Winning, more importantly. Winners are grinners (and inevitably with a bit of swagger, a touch of arrogance).

Happens to us all.
Finals, then 4 in a row!