Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 14: Pre Game Preparation: Carlton vs GWS (Read 16583 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 14: Pre Game Preparation: Carlton vs GWS

Reply #45
Possibly Thry but I doubt whether we'd go into a game with a player who can't run it out.  Imagine if one of the fit players against Geelong wasn't match fit.

Over the last few seasons with the sub rule, new players or players returning after injury could be eased in.  Now it's all or nothing.

As others have said, SOJ will play when the MC decides he's ready.  I don't think he is but I'm not on the MC  :)

It's ok provided everyone knows that they have earned their game.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #46
FWIW 

Outs Armfield, Gorringe, White and Everitt

Ins Tutt, Phillips, Jones and Jaksch

Explanations

Armfield for Tutt is a no-brainer imo as they are as about like for like as you'll get with pace on our list and Tutt can kick a goal. Tutt is quick and he has earned his shot in the seniors to see if he can make a decent fist of it. I hope he does make it but if he doesnt get a crack soon to prove something then his papers are surely stamped.

Gorringe for Phillips. Gorringe has shown that he is worth persevering with as a forward and maybe a big winger. Bottom line is Kreuze needs help against Mummy and Sauce will give MK a decent chop out

Probably wont happen but White and Everitt need a spell in the magoos and Jones deserves another shot. KJ has been kicking goals and can swing back if needed and i'd like to see him get a crack at his old side.

Blues by 7  :P

Reply #47
Tutt, Phillips in.
Gorringe, Armfield out.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #48
Walker and Everitt should consider themselves blessed to still be in the side after their recent (non) performances....  I don't give a rat's toss bag about junk time goals, they need to perform when the heat is on.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #49
I thought we were an outside chance if we came to play...

In    Rhys Palmer, Shane Mumford, Steve Johnson

Maybe not.

Reply #50
In Tutt, out Armfield, it feels like 2003 revisited.
What happened to Boekhorst, he looked half decent?
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #51
In Tutt, out Armfield, it feels like 2003 revisited.
What happened to Boekhorst, he looked half decent?

Broken scaphoid and still a few weeks from resuming in the NBs.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #52
Broken scaphoid and still a few weeks from resuming in the NBs.

Ouch!
At least he should have kept up his aerobic fitness though.
Lamb and Sumner are both going OK but Boekhorst seems to be a touch above either of them to me, not that he'll ever be a gun.
I think we'll get well beaten this weekend, their midfield is too quick and bats too deep.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #53
GWS Giants

B: Heath Shaw, Phil Davis, Joel Patfull.
HB: Matt Buntine, Nick Haynes, Zac Williams.
C: Nathan Wilson, Ryan Griffen, Josh Kelly.
HF: Matthew Kennedy, Rory Lobb, Rhys Palmer.
F: Toby Greene, Jeremy Cameron, Dylan Shiel.
Foll: Shane Mumford, Callan Ward, Stephen Coniglio.
Int: Tom Scully, Steve Johnson, Jonathon Patton, Lachie Whitfield.

Emg: Jack Steele, Adam Tomlinson, Adam Kennedy

A very strong team on paper. Their scare last week made them play Johnson and Mumford, which is a big negative for us. However, hope springs eternal.

Carlton

B: Zach Tuohy, Jacob Weitering, Lachie Plowman.
HB: Dale Thomas, Sam Rowe, Sam Docherty.
C: Matthew Wright, Bryce Gibbs, Kade Simpson.
HF: Ed Curnow, Levi Casboult, Liam Sumner.
F: Andrew Walker, Andrejs Everitt, Sam Kerridge.
Foll: Matthew Kreuzer, Patrick Cripps, Jed Lamb.
Int: Andrew Phillips, Simon White, Ciaran Byrne, Jason Tutt.

Emg: Nick Graham, Jack Silvagni, Mark Whiley.

In: Andrew Phillips, Jason Tutt.

Out: Daniel Gorringe (Hip), Dennis Armfield (Groin)

Losing Armfield hurts. His pace and attack on the pill have been useful.
Walker and Everitt have been pretty lucky. Both were well below their best last time.
Tutt deserved a go.

I wonder what the ground will be like. This rain stuff has been falling quite a bit in Sydney.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #54
Gee GWS look strong on paper.

Will be an almighty test for our boys, but just looking at the two teams i cant see us getting within 5 goals of them. But footy is a funny game.

If we bring the same pressure we brought against the cats for 4 quarters and never give up i'll be happy. Regardless of whether we win or lose im just hoping for a good contest and some more of those so called sprouts.

Hope Tutt repays the faith we have shown in him and starts to give us some decent, consistent games at senior level.

Would've been good to see Tomlinson, Marchbank, Stewart and Hoskin-Elliot in action as its no secret we are apparently heavily into those GWS fringe players again this year.

Its going to be sunny and 16 degrees with light wind tomorrow so conditions are perfect.

Reply #55
There must be questions marks over Mumford, Stevie J and Davis - three big players for them.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #56
There must be questions marks over Mumford, Stevie J and Davis - three big players for them.

Agreed, I'll be surprised if all three play, feels like a bit of duck and drakes.
The Force Awakens!