Skip to main content
Topic: Should we chase Josh Schache? (Read 19509 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Should we chase Josh Schache?

Reply #15
His price will be too high, we'd be better of going the RFA crack at Dusty and leave the KPFs to the developing players.

Probably right LP....though Dusty's contract is going to be scary given his form and the clubs said to be bidding on him.....still think he might stay at the Tigers but
they will be looking at 1-1.5 mill a year to keep him...reckon we would have to pay closer to the 1.5 mill a year and I dont see the club paying that much for any player.
Better we leave the lunatic contracts to clubs like North who want to pony up for Martin and Kelly...

Reply #16
No. Aim higher. He's still yet to impress and we've backed enough supposed future star tall forwards. Tried and true please.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #17
Probably right LP....though Dusty's contract is going to be scary given his form and the clubs said to be bidding on him.....still think he might stay at the Tigers but
they will be looking at 1-1.5 mill a year to keep him...reckon we would have to pay closer to the 1.5 mill a year and I dont see the club paying that much for any player.
Better we leave the lunatic contracts to clubs like North who want to pony up for Martin and Kelly...

Rumors are Schache's manager is asking for $750K for five years, for a kid who is allegedly rumoured to be reviewing his future in the game.

I think Dusty gets in the door between $1-$1.25M for five years, and we can then consider letting Gibbs go back to SA, it's a win-win.

I too would love Cameron, but I reckon he's worth far more than Dusty, he might be $1.5M a year for the next ten!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #18
No. Aim higher. He's still yet to impress and we've backed enough supposed future star tall forwards. Tried and true please.

I'm with Baggers on this one.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #19
NO
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #20
EB, with the mooted changes to the cap a lot of clubs are suddenly going to have a war chest to spend (which gives a finger to the clubs that have managed their lists to open up space, thanks AFL) so clubs are going to shell out funny money for the likes of Kelly etc.  I reckon we're going to see a free-for-all as some clubs go for broke...  personally I'm against trading picks for players, we need to be going back to the draft and increasing our talent base and acquiring the rest via FA.

As a club we need to engender a culture whereby staying with your mates and having the chance to play in a flag sounds more attractive than pissing off elsewhere for a few bucks more (after tax).  Otherwise we will get gutted and just become a nursery for predatory clubs.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #21
We should not shell out big bucks for him. Surely our developing KPFs have as much promise?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #22
Shown nothing except he's a low draft pick. Looks like a Jaksch trade to me. ::)

We be into our 3rd year of a rebuild next year...cant afford these sorts of risky trades that have a very low probability of working. Need to consolidate next year not speculate when forking out big money and long contracts. 

Prefer to spend more on proven KPP at least we know what we are getting. 

Reply #23
Otherwise we will get gutted and just become a nursery for predatory clubs.
Isn't that what we are now? Hopefully were.
Begs the question why we got nothing for Waite when he is playing his third (?) year for his new club and doing well. Barst8rd. >:(
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #24
Shown nothing except he's a low draft pick. Looks like a Jaksch trade to me. ::)

We be into our 3rd year of a rebuild next year...cant afford these sorts of risky trades that have a very low probability of working. Need to consolidate next year not speculate when forking out big money and long contracts. 

Prefer to spend more on proven KPP at least we know what we are getting.
An injured West Coast Kennedy?   ;)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #25
Absolutely, I would be pissed if we didn't try.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #26
An injured West Coast Kennedy?   ;)

Yes please!!!!!!!

Imagine how nice it would be to get a player who rips it up when we play twice a year in WA!

Only joking - doubt they would trade him unless he wanted to come back home -  when is he signed to?

Reply #27
Yes please!!!!!!!

Imagine how nice it would be to get a player who rips it up when we play twice a year in WA!

Only joking - doubt they would trade him unless he wanted to come back home -  when is he signed to?

Pretty sure he is a WA boy, and I guess already is "home."

Reply #28
definitely not Schache.

But we are supposedly chasing a marquee player and I reckon it will be a KPF.
GWS have payment problems and also need to fit academy players in in the next draft.

Don't be surprised to see either Cameron or Patton in navy blue next year.

Why? Have you heard something????????????????????

Reply #29
I'll wait to see how things pan out a little more b4 making a call on Schache. I am interested. I'm a little unsure on his toughness and resilience just yet!