Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Rd 8: Northern Blues vs Sandringham at Marvel (Read 8019 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL Rd 8: Northern Blues vs Sandringham at Marvel

Reply #30
Kerr gets some goals, as usual, but I haven't seen enough to suggest he could be effective at AFL level. He can mark cleanly in his hands but only on his own or on the lead; he is not a good contested mark. He might develop but, ATM, Casboult has more to offer.

I think Casboult has Kerr covered aerobically, and there is no point debating marking relative to Casboult as with McKay they are probably the two best in the league. But Kerr does far more bullocking type work around the football and leads in better patterns and to better places.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #31
If McGovern is not fully fit  then they should give Kerr a go. What they do with Casboult is a hard question for when Jones returns.

Reply #32
If McGovern is not fully fit  then they should give Kerr a go. What they do with Casboult is a hard question for when Jones returns.

Whilst kreuzer is first ruck casboult will get a game.

Kreuzer is simply unreliable.   I wager he was playing hindered on Sunday.  I noted cripps took a few ruck contests in forward 50.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #33
Kreuzer is simply unreliable.   I wager he was playing hindered on Sunday.  I noted cripps took a few ruck contests in forward 50.

He'll play the remainder of the season hindered.

I postulated at the time he'd done an abductors or iliopsoas muscle, I've no reason to change that perception. You can play with them injured but you can't static jump or quickly change direction as you lose a significant amount of power through the hips. And you do not heal in just a week off, so he'll be significantly less dynamic and there is no doubt that is the case at the moment!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #34
He'll play the remainder of the season hindered.

I postulated at the time he'd done an abductors or iliopsoas muscle, I've no reason to change that perception. You can play with them injured but you can't static jump or quickly change direction as you lose a significant amount of power through the hips. And you do not heal in just a week off, so he'll be significantly less dynamic and there is no doubt that is the case at the moment!

I think you're right on the money LP.

Reply #35
I think you're right on the money LP.

Unfortunately, I only know this from first hand experience, it particularly hits older fast bowlers at cricket who lose power in the deliver stride to jump and pivot! :(

A lot of clubs will report it as OP(Like Joe Daniher), primarily to stop opposition players working on the weakness, you have no strength or resistance to being bumped off the ball from one side.

I think we reported it as a corky causing a running gate issue.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #36
I think Casboult has Kerr covered aerobically, and there is no point debating marking relative to Casboult as with McKay they are probably the two best in the league. But Kerr does far more bullocking type work around the football and leads in better patterns and to better places.

Kerr is a true forward and way more physical.....agree he leads better and just has more idea how to play a forward KP plus is a way better kick.
Casboult is earning his money at the minute but I remain unconvinced about him in any position to be honest...

Reply #37
Kerr is a true forward and way more physical.....agree he leads better and just has more idea how to play a forward KP plus is a way better kick.
Casboult is earning his money at the minute but I remain unconvinced about him in any position to be honest...

It's fair enough, as you know I'm as big of a Levi critic as you will find, but I have to concede a couple of things;

A - He's been good in recent weeks.
B - He bleeds Navy Blue!

My biggest concern with Levi down back, is I'm dreading he will clean up one of our own as collateral damage, I don't want Cripps or Walsh floating back into his space!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #38
For the VFL watchers.   That's 2 or 3 times (depends on who is counting) that we have overlooked Sam Fisher.

Is he just not up to it?

Reply #39

We need to really work on decongesting our forward line - it's like a train platform at Spencer Street at 5pm.  :-[
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #40
For the VFL watchers.   That's 2 or 3 times (depends on who is counting) that we have overlooked Sam Fisher.

Is he just not up to it?

Games I have seen this season he hasnt been at his best, missed targets and been ineffective. Not overly robust and you are getting a similar type to LOB the way is playing at the minute.
Deluca is a better contested player, tackles well for a smaller player and has more edge to his game IMO.

Reply #41

Is he just not up to it?

Nobody else wanted him either, so I imagine the general opinion is " he is not up to it ".
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #42

The stats are damning: when it was necessary to step up, very few guys did. Setterfield and Lang may have dominated early in the piece, but their opponents put in 4 quarters. We missed Tom Wilson badly: his grunt in the middle and ability to get 30+ possessions, providing leadership while he does it, was a critical missing piece.
However, it was the guys like Garlett (7 possessions), Macreadie, Polson, et al that let us down. These guys are capable of doing better, but are not showing it.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #43
How Phillips, Lobbe and Kerr didn't get in the best in front of a few of those names, but specifically LeBois staggers me. From the limited amount i saw, they dominated and LeBois stuffed up a bit

Reply #44
How Phillips, Lobbe and Kerr didn't get in the best in front of a few of those names, but specifically LeBois staggers me. From the limited amount i saw, they dominated and LeBois stuffed up a bit

How Lebois got offered another contract staggers me....