Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Celebration: AFL 2019 Rd 12: Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 22587 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Celebration: AFL 2019 Rd 12: Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #15
Cripps is a beast...his size and power sets him apart, when he kicked that goal in the last quarter he just brushed off Brisbane players
like Barry Hall did....

Yes, it's just awesome to watch, like a hybrid of Diesel Williams and Wayne Carey!

Next thing he'll start kicking them from 50m!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #16
Yes, it's just awesome to watch, like a hybrid of Diesel Williams and Wayne Carey!

Next thing he'll start kicking them from 50m!

Blokes on the wireless are saying his figures are like Lethal at his peak - 38 touches, 4 goals.

Reply #17
Great win and an amazing game from the skipper.

That should give the boys more confidence in their ability to win games of footy.

It was good to hear Crippa and Ed pay tribute to Bolts.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #18
Blokes on the wireless are saying his figures are like Lethal at his peak - 38 touches, 4 goals.

Lethal was the best footballer I've ever seen, by some margin.

What I liked today was Cripps didn't panic with the football, it's been a hot potato for a few weeks and today he was prepared to ride the bumps and tackles and get away an effective disposal. Maybe it says something about the Lions midfield, but I still think Cripps can do that to anyone! Interesting thing, when Cripps is motoring with the ball it makes his team-mates get on their bike, and we look much better. When Cripps is static our other guys are static, tells me they run reactively instead of pro-actively.

Like Weiters game, because when we were crap in the 1st 1/2 he held us together. Despite Cripps effort I'd just about give Weiters BoG, because without him a result would have been beyond reach by 1/2-time!

Much prefer Marchbank getting well up the ground, if that's Teague's doing he deserves a big tick.

Thought Casboult played well in the 1st-1/2 as well, a few wobbly disposals, but couldn't falter his marking and spoiling.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #19
Ed Curnow had some game too - 30 disposals, 4 Marks, 9 Tackles and pretty much hounded Neale all day.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #20
Ed Curnow had some game too - 30 disposals, 4 Marks, 9 Tackles and pretty much hounded Neale all day.

Nothing like a bit of tagging to take the No 1 opposition player out of the game.....and play to your own players strengths.

Reply #21
Nothing like a bit of tagging to take the No 1 opposition player out of the game.....and play to your own players strengths.

Yep!

Reply #22

I'll watch the replay before I vote, but at the moment Ed would be in my top three with Weiters and Cripps.

Some will tell me I should have Walsh in there, but Walsh doesn't get to play freely like he did today without Ed doing the job he did in the midfield!

Gibbons best game?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #23
This year will hopefully be a foundation for next year, and if David can win another 4- 5 games, I'd be inclined to give him the job.

I'd love for this to transpire.  Really can't cop Scott as our next coach, but that's for another thread.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #24
I'll watch the replay before I vote, but at the moment Ed would be in my top three with Weiters and Cripps.

Some will tell me I should have Walsh in there, but Walsh doesn't get to play freely like he did today without Ed doing the job he did in the midfield!

Gibbons best game?

Just about to mention Gibbons - looked excellent today - a SOS win?

Reply #25

Gibbons best game?

Gibbons hasnt been too bad in most of his games IMO, agree with your top 3 too....

Reply #26
Gibbons hasnt been too bad in most of his games IMO, agree with your top 3 too....

Yes I would agree but Sam Walsh was very close.

Reply #27
Weitering is starting to control a game like a Number 1 draft pick. Dow will make it. The way he stood his ground is a couple of marking contests was great. Give him another 50 games and 5-6 kgs and he’ll repay. Ditto O’Brien, not there yet but a couple of passages of play gave me hope.

Reply #29
Weitering is starting to control a game like a Number 1 draft pick. Dow will make it. The way he stood his ground is a couple of marking contests was great. Give him another 50 games and 5-6 kgs and he’ll repay. Ditto O’Brien, not there yet but a couple of passages of play gave me hope.

Hipwood and others have got hold of us in the past, and questions have been asked about Weiters ability to go with them on the lead, looked OK today!

But still big issues, not enough ground support in D50, too many guarding grass or their own reputations. Hopefully Teague can eventually get hold of this because so far none of the coaches have changed that behaviour. Having said that, for D50 Amos has been our best performed line coach.

I worry that a game from Cripps like today's game just wallpapers over the midfield issues!

Charlie finally showing some semi-reasonable form, was today the turning of the corner?
The Force Awakens!